Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Trophy truck project - looking for ideas & pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Trophy truck project - looking for ideas & pics

So I've been thinking for a while of wanting a stupid fast trophy truck to just blow the doors off of anything (including 1:1 trucks). I've decided that I will be looking to go 1/8 scale with it
I honestly never thought of fabbing everything from scratch till I started getting into the crawlers. Now after doing a bunch of work on my scaler & realizing how much easier & cheaper it is over working on my 1:1 stock car that I'm ready to build something custom.
What I am looking at doing is aiming for at least 100 mph top speed & for it to have as much travel as I can (thinking for using HPI savage big bore rear shocks and 1/8 truggy front shocks), I want to be able to jump this thing at high speeds and not blow everything up when it lands - I am not sure if I want to build it electric or nitro. Right now I'm leaning nitro as I am a gearhead and love the smell of nitro, I think that I can more easily reach the speeds I want with nitro also. Adding to the fact that the local scene is pretty much all electric so Nitro parts can be had very cheaply. I was thinking of using a modded hpi savage 3 speed tranny with a picco .26 motor
If I go electric I was leaning towards a castle setup and run either 4s or 6s lipo's in it.
I'm just kinda brainstorming right now and looking for opinions or ideas to help me pin point my exact direction.
RNUOVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Just search "trophy" you'll find some cool builds. Might give you some ideas. Also, search rcshortcourse but most of those builds are on RCC too.

Here is the one I am working on. Although it's 1:10 ish scale. Two different chassis setups thought. 2x4 and now working on my second revision of the 4x4 setup. It will be 3S or 4S with Tekin 550 6.5 and MMP.
Szczerba's Trophy Truck Build.. With Videos

There is Army Rc Crawler's build.
Slash 4x4 Trophy Truck!

There is looneybin's builds. He does some cool non-crawler beasts.
Solid Axle SlashC8
Some of his bashers.
Lets see them Bashers!

There is Stang Killa SS's rebuild of looneybin's
~TSS~ Solid Axle SlashC8 V2.0
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote