Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: drifting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

I havnt been into drifting very long but, I don't like the tt-01 because of the amount of money it takes to be as nice as the others.
The Sprint with a few extra dollars for a one way front diff,spool rear and some good drift tires(not hpi). Then counter steer it and you have a very controllable car at all speeds.
toyotax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

I have a hotbodies tcfd waiting at the lhs for me but, that's a $450 kit just chassis...
toyotax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

i run in the d1rc series and use xrays for my drifting i have 2 t1 fko5,s and a xray t2 07
any touring car chassis can be run as long as its 4wd
lazychubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I have both a Losi XXX-S and a HPI Sprint for drifting. I set up both with open front diffs, locked the rear diff, and on the XXX-S I replaced the rear diff pulley with one with less teeth to overdrive the rear which allows it to kick out & drift easier. The only problem I have had with the XXX-S is the outdrive cups are composite plastic and seem to be fragile. I have found that the XXX-CR buggy uses steel versions that are a direct swap which are much better.

I have just modded the HPI by swapping the front and rear suspension around, making it a front engine car wich makes it much easier to drift. This is a pretty simple mod, as the hardest part was relocating the steering servo and linkage. I went with a tie rod similar to a crawler with a drag link to the linkage. It now drifts much easier. I like the HPI for the abundance of parts for it and its cheap to repair. As for the belts, I'm working on a way to protect them from road debris.(possibly some lexan shields)
As for tires, I use 2" black plastic plumbing pipe on the XXX-S, and Tamiya drift tires on the HPI.

Last edited by canuckcrawler; 10-25-2011 at 09:04 AM.
canuckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
RCC Addict

IMO the tt01 is under powered for carpet but decent on concrete.
First fix to under powered, is motor. The first thing to pop is the proprietary spur gear.
Budget minded drifter is the Sprint II but the price has gone up because for some reason HPI decided to waterproof the electronics........WTF.
The Tamiya TB03D is phasing out but probably the best drift car for the money. Enough drift support parts to keep you happy and can handle all the power you want to put to it.
Yokomo Type C Plus is a great kit but runs about $270 in kit form, no electronics.
DriftSpeed.com is the only US dealer right now and they are a bit low on inventory.
You can find Katsumi at Driftspeed or CSjunkies for parts and kits.

A new kit from Spice is hitting the market soon.
The brand is called MST and the Pro version has every hop up you'd want including a one-way and CS pulleys. The price is way better than any other high end car.
Read for yourself here;
Max Speed Technology MS-01D Pro Chassis Build - DriftMission.com- Drift RC - Your Home for RC Drifting - I
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote