Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: hpi sprint 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default hpi sprint 2

i got a sprint 2 drift a few days ago in a trade. all i know thats done to it is a front 1 way.

im thinking about putting a castle 4700kv motor in it but i have some questions. has any body put this motor in it? how will it be at drifting? and not, like touring?

i tested this out with a 2 cell lipo and a new spektrum dx3c. both are amazing! in fact it makes me want another sprint!

right now the sprint is just the chassis with the camaro wheels and tires. for body im thinking about getting one of the 2 prepainted ones from hpi or the prova impreza. however they are all on backorder! so im going to see what the lhs has next week.
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
RCC Addict

i put a castle 4700kv system in this. with running the same pinion and spur, temps stayed low.

this thing was awesome drifting in front of my house. im getting a d box for it next week!

i put xpattern tires and work wheels on this and took it to the local mall to see how fast it was. not including the tire problem, and wrong gear mesh (both my fault) this thing was FAST on a 2000 mah venom 2 cell lipo! i even had mall security stop me and start asking questions about it

when i got home i fixed the gear mesh, tightened the front belt, and put the drift wheels on it. i got a new set of tires and te37 wheels for this earlier.

if weather permits, i will be taking this thing out next week to the same mall. but this time im bringing tools to fix it! also the drift wheels and d box if its in. next time im also bring a thunder power 3200 mah 2 cell lipo as well.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
RCC Addict

i got new volk te37 wheels for the car. the package said 3mm but the wheels say 6mm, which i dont get. also put on new x-pattern tires and glued them up.

i took this thing out with the batterey for my slash (way to long but it worked). this thing was fast!

in fact i chased a van down the steet to, its also a 25 mph speed limit. when the batterey was about half way discharged two 10 year old kids passed by on razor scooters, so i chased them. i was barely on the gas and i scared one of the kids! he stopped at the corner and watched this thing. the next time he went passed he yelled "that thing is chassing me again!"

after the batterey died i decided i needed to get a body so i took the car over to the lhs. i was about to get a porsche 911 gt3 body, but they had a prepainted red 1966 mustang gt. the body was there for a long time so they gave me a great deal on it.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #4

To drift better I would put a locker in the rear. It helps kick out the back end a lot more and provides you with a consistent drift every time. Front one ways are good for tight turns where all you have to do is hit the brake and it acts like a e-brake and slides the back end around.
Swatsn1per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatsn1per View Post
To drift better I would put a locker in the rear. It helps kick out the back end a lot more and provides you with a consistent drift every time. Front one ways are good for tight turns where all you have to do is hit the brake and it acts like a e-brake and slides the back end around.
ok for me the car drifts good enough for now. it may be a little over power with such a high kv motor in it tho....
Old 12-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #6

Trust me it will be easier to control in a drift with a locker in the rear. I run a 5000 kv motor in my Cyclone S and it drifts perfectly.
Swatsn1per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
RCC Addict

ok ill try and pick one up in a few days along with the d box,a new rear belt, new body mounts, and new drift wheels and tires.

i may try and get a new batterey for the car as well but that can wait. the batteries i have are either too small or too big. im also considering putting the stock motor and esc in and going to a full graphite chassis.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
RCC Addict

just went to go fix the problems i was having the last time i took the car out, being tge batterey spot was too small and electronics needed reattached.

when adjusting the batterey hold downs, i noticed that the top and bottom plates were cracked! top one is almost cracked in half, and a small piece broke on the bottom. since these parts broke, there will be upgraded to graphite, i may take out the motor as well.

i got the new body mounts on the front, the rears are fine. also i cut the fender flares off up front, which gave plenty of clearance for the front wheels
Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
RCC Addict

just drilled the holes for the wing on the body, despite thinking mustangs with big wings look retarted. however the wing is there for function and not looks.

ill post pics of it in a little bit.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
RCC Addict

heres a pic. the f350 scx10 decided that it wanted to be in the pic as well.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #11
RCC Addict

thing looks nice cobra . im running a sprint 2 in a spec touring call and i love the thing. i have been bashing the thing so hard into the wall and i havent had to replace anything. eveyone is saprised that i can win a race with that thing too.
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
thing looks nice cobra . im running a sprint 2 in a spec touring call and i love the thing. i have been bashing the thing so hard into the wall and i havent had to replace anything. eveyone is saprised that i can win a race with that thing too.
thanks. the sprint surprised me and it actually didnt do anything..... my dad wanted me to show him the car after mounting the wing to the body. i told him about the cracked upper plate and that i fixed it with super glue. what surprised me is that after i told him, he wanted to see it run! hes never really shown any interest in rc because of his work schedule until now. but he seems interested in this and the body work on the scx (now getting savage shocks....again).

Last edited by c0bra; 12-02-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
RCC Addict

i took the car out earlier to show my dad, he loved it! so i recharged the batterey and took it out again to show my mom since she wasnt home. my mom liked it.

this thing is FAST almost too fast for in front of the house. its already destroyed one batterey, posssibly a second! when it was out the second time, i had it full throttle about a yard from the curb and the front end shot up in the air making it do a wheelie. i hit something in the road but couldnt figure out what. probably a small rock. a couple speed passes later it hit me that the car was way over powered for a street.

so im going to put the stock motor and esc in it, and get the graphite chassis. ill still run it on lipo until the motor or esc decide other wise.

Last edited by c0bra; 11-19-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
just drilled the holes for the wing on the body, despite thinking mustangs with big wings look retarted. however the wing is there for function and not looks.

ill post pics of it in a little bit.
that wing isnt really doing anything function wise when drifting tbh, a nascar style spoiler might look better especially on an old muscle car. you could just super glue or epoxy your rear diff instead of buying a locked one, locked front diffs are great too if you dont want to spend the money on a 1 way
imperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperium View Post
that wing isnt really doing anything function wise when drifting tbh, a nascar style spoiler might look better especially on an old muscle car. you could just super glue or epoxy your rear diff instead of buying a locked one, locked front diffs are great too if you dont want to spend the money on a 1 way
right now its not set up to drift. it has the xpattern tires on it. without a body it kept spinning the tires onfull throttle. with the body and wing it has much more traction
Old 12-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I run a 5700 in mine
Attached Images

Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
right now its not set up to drift. it has the xpattern tires on it. without a body it kept spinning the tires onfull throttle. with the body and wing it has much more traction
i meant for drifting, although i found in general ive found that my rc car behaves differently when its shell is on vs off regardless of wing, not saying that wings to absolutely nothing but i think with rc's theyre mostly for looks over function, unless your racing and even then i would like to see a comparison of the same car with the same shell, winged and wingless, or if someone had a wind tunnel it would be cool to stick it in one
imperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #18
RCC Addict

i put the 4700kv back in the car and took it out today using a 3 cell lipo. it was a lot faster today, however it came a cost. i broke the rear belt and a front drive shaft carrier!

this is going to get fixed and i will put the stock motor and esc in it for not. it will get a different motor and esc eventually
Old 12-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

i have one, i locked the rear, did a steering mod, there are a few r/cdrift forum that show lots of mods on this
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
RCC Addict

i ordered a new rear belt, ans wheel axles for the front to fix the bigger problem. i also ordered an alluminum upgrade kit to make the car stronger, and will eventually get a graphite top and bottom chassis