Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: ussprinceton2004's two Slash 2WD VXL (5807)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default ussprinceton2004's two Slash 2WD VXL (5807)

I recently bought two new Slash 2WD VXL (5807) at towerhobbies.com They are both stock for now. However, I do have the STRC layshafts and ae V2 slipper clutch systems to go on both, adding 32 pitch gears. I still have a lot of ordering to do, but it runs great the way it is now. One is the Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg edition, and the other is the Mark Jenkins edition. On the Amsoil #7 truck, I installed some drift tires, which are made out of PVC. I got the 4" couplings in the plumbing section from Home Depot, which were less than $2 each, making 2 pairs of drift tires from one piece.

I weighed both of the Slashes with the stock 3000mAh 8.4V NiMH batteries. The Scott Douglas truck weighs 6.5 lbs, including the PVC drift tires.

The Mark Jenkins weighs in at 5.75 lbs.

I had ordered both trucks within a few weeks apart from tower and I received a regular TQ with traxxas link transmitter for the Douglas/Oberg truck, while I received the newer TQi radio included in the Mark Jenkins truck. It really doesn't matter to me, as I don't have any plans on using the docking base along with an iPhone.

We built a race track beside our house a long time ago. I was out of the country from 2008-2011, so the track has been neglected. I'd say the drivable area measures 180' by 70'. That measurement is just a rough guess. Since the Slashes are short course trucks, they perfectly match our track. I still need to rake the pine straws, pines cones, leaves, twigs, etc., and lay down some lane boundaries. I may or may not add more jumps, as there are quite a few already. There are lengthy straight aways for full throttle action. Oh man!!! It will be fun!!! If anyone is in the Durham/Raleigh/Chapel Hill, North Carolina area, and would like to race, send me a PM for the exact address.

ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ussprinceton2004's two Slash 2WD VXL (5807)

...we bought another (5807) VXL 2WD slash, Greg Adler edition...it arrived yesterday, 5/22/2012...we've been bashing/racing the Mark Jenkins and the Scott Douglas slashes...these things are solid, no broken parts thus far and we really put them through their paces...

I also bought a new Jerry Whelchel body, as a back up, in case one of the other bodies gets thrashed

It is close to a full blown summer, and we might go to the beach, so I purchased some Pro-Line Mohawks and Pro-Line paddle tires. I still need to purchase a matching yellow pair of split six rear wheels

...we originally had eight 7 cell 8.4V battery packs, but, along with the new Greg Adler VXL 2WD, we bought 4 more for a total of 12...We should get at least an hour of pure fun, battery pack after battery pack...

We have 2 different infrared digital temperature guns and after running 4 3000mah 8.4V battery packs, one after another, the temps never reached the maximum safe limit of 200 degrees F.

I got a few spare parts from eBay, in case we break something

ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: ussprinceton2004's two Slash 2WD VXL (5807)

Sheez thats alot of stuff! Nice racing place too! Very cool.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote