Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Losi XXX-t drivetrain parts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Losi XXX-t drivetrain parts.

I have an old losi XXX-T spec (the one that came with the blue tires) that is overdue for a trans overhaul. The ball diff is geting crunchy, and the upper shaft bearings are showing play. The truck has outlasted 4 brushed motors thus far. But a mild 13.5 brushless and some racing are in it's future, so I'd like for the drivetrain to be as durable and maintenance free as possible.

I was looking at the hardened aluminum diff and idler gears from Robinson. Are these a good idea for brushless power, or will the stock plastic suffice?

Losi diff balls are expensive, will the MIP 3/32" work as well?

Does anyone know if the Losi Monster Diff Spring and bolt kit works with the older style xxx-t?

I would like to upgrade the plastic shafts (which I broke last weekend at the track) to MIPs, but am apparently too imcompetent to find a kit listed, and would rather not by everything seperately for almost $50!

Does losi list a diff rebuild that comes with everything in one package?

Losi lists a lot of diff races, I'm not sure which one will fit my truck, or if there are hardended ones that will last longer before wearing grooves from the balls. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Losi XXX-t drivetrain parts. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Mini Crawler drivetrain problem ausjethro General Crawlers 2 04-26-2011 02:22 PM
Drivetrain Protection- Slippers/Sacrificial Parts DKNguyen Tamiya Clod Buster 3 03-04-2007 11:24 PM