Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Axial Exo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #1

Default Axial Exo

Hi,
Just bought a new EXO kit and have been reading different exo threads on here. I just need a few suggestions before starting the build.
Need someone to tell me what upgrades are essential, here's what I have:
EXO kit
Castle MMP/3800 1410sc motor (5mm shaft)
Vanquish motor mount
ckrcc HD camber and tie rod links
Metal balls all around
What else is needed to make this a great kit?
cvd's?
Ti hinge pins?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you kindly in advance, Jay
FXRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial Exo

ShortCourse & Desert Brand Specific Tech - Axial EXO Terra Buggy at RCShortCourse.com

I've been reading up here, looks like the main thing to do when building the kit is to sleeve the inner hinge pins to stop them bending. I don't get mine until tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it's first run.
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

my inner pins are fine. DO NOT buy the cvds, Ive gone through 2 sets. and no it was not crazy abuse. they shear off at the hex/pin. threw in teh stocks and htey stock dog bones with some little oring spacers :thumb: other than that, shocks. those things leak like hell. I have mine torn down for a full winter rebuild. think Ill do a thread at RCShort. either way, great rc and at a great price.
baconCHDDRchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #4

Thank you kindly for the advice. You saved me $70 in cvd's! Very familiar with the O-ring in the drive cup trick, had a few models that required that, cheap fix. I will look into sleeving the inner hinge pins. I am going to order G-made XD shocks for it and Ti hinge pins (maybe help with binding) Past that I think I'll just build it and go from there.
Thanks again and have a good one, Jay
FXRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

has anyone come up with a solution to the cage removal nightmare ?
im looking for this buggy for a while now and since it's 199$ i just have to get one but im scared ill be swearing more than using this :P
sebastien^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien^_^ View Post
has anyone come up with a solution to the cage removal nightmare ?
what nightmare? its 8 or 9 screws... if that is a nightmare best find a different hobby. I have ZERO issue working on teh exo or the "dredded changing of the battery". its patients and getting the hang of it. IMHO its a must have, all around fun rc.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Thanks thats the comment i needed to get me forward into buying this don't get me wrong i like complicated stuff im a crawler myself i do alot of DIY it's just when it comes to racing rigs... im more used to fiddle around like a B44.1 b4.1 ect , it's all open easy access to everything

Like the apache is easy to work on but doesn't have the look the AXIAL has... and not the same price at all.

EXO BUILD VIDEO soon i guess thanks im from canada too by the way
sebastien^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien^_^ View Post
Thanks thats the comment i needed to get me forward into buying this don't get me wrong i like complicated stuff im a crawler myself i do alot of DIY it's just when it comes to racing rigs... im more used to fiddle around like a B44.1 b4.1 ect , it's all open easy access to everything

Like the apache is easy to work on but doesn't have the look the AXIAL has... and not the same price at all.

EXO BUILD VIDEO soon i guess thanks im from canada too by the way

glad to hear dude. Im in Alberta. your in Quebec? hows that separatist thing working out for you? hahaha Im just kidding man, Quebec is a bbeautiful province. other than no one will speak to me in English...

@FXRC

find my thread on RCS with the few pics I have of my exo. doing a winter rebuild on it right now, pulling out all the stops, VP motor mount, ALL the strc parts, new motor/esc.. all that jazz. Ill be doing a new build thread, where I also explain the issues with the CVDs.

Axial Exo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Something new from Axial, the Axial EXO Terra Buggy! AX90015 jason General Crawlers 705 03-27-2013 08:55 PM
Axial exo Jew1028 Non Crawler RC's 6 05-12-2012 01:48 PM
Axial Exo YYCADM Non Crawler RC's 11 02-01-2012 10:35 PM