Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: 1st onboard videos on 5807 Slashes using GoPro Hero3 Black edition at our track

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 1st onboard videos on 5807 Slashes using GoPro Hero3 Black edition at our track

We first took a very slow ride around the track, just to get a feel of how one of the 5807 Slashes would handle, with the added weight on the roof. In this first video, there is a fingerprint smudge on the waterproof housing where the lens is, so the vid is blurry. Sorry about that. In later onboard vids I will show, I did remember to make sure the see through lens guard is clean and clear.

My very second attempt failed immediately because the flat adhesive mount that I used on top of the roof of the 1/10th Slash didn't hold. I thought these 3M VHB double sided tapes would be strong enough to keep the Hero3 Black in place. I saw several other RC onboard videos using this mount with great success. However, I later found out that those videos didn't show big jumps like we have at our RC track. So, here is what happened.

Well, even with the camera falling, I was convinced that I could still use these GoPro flat adhesive mounts, after reviewing for the second time, onboard RC videos on YouTube using that mount. Then, after waiting several days for my new order of GoPro brand flat adhesive mounts, five in a bag, in the mail, they finally arrived. GoPro only includes one flat adhesive and one curved adhesive mounts, when you buy the Hero3 Black edition. I decided to take the large #10 sticker off of the roof of my Greg Adler edition body, thinking this would make a difference in how the 3M VHB sticky tape would hold on top of the roof. The video below shows just me messing around our house, but later took the truck back to the track. Similar results, after jumping the Slash, GoPro falls to the ground.

I was disappointed ofcourse, after the 2nd failure. I was also a little upset. I said to myself, how could I possibly take onboard videos, like some of the interesting ones I've seen on YouTube. So, I thought about hard mounting the Hero3. It took me a while to figure something out like this, because I had to design everything myself. Anyway, I didn't give up. I will do a follow up on what I came up with.....

Last edited by ussprinceton2004; 02-17-2013 at 07:06 PM.
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

1st onboard videos on 5807 Slashes using GoPro Hero3 Black edition at our track - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smuggl1n's Micro Comp Chassi GoPro Hero3 smuggl1n Videos! 1 02-09-2013 07:28 AM
gopro onboard wraith. evan03 Axial Wraith 9 12-27-2012 06:31 AM
GoPro Hero3 Losi micro Bwd!!!! smuggl1n Videos! 1 12-26-2012 09:22 PM
GoPro HERO 3 Black Onboard attempt 5 trucks winter run LZAM Scale Videos! 3 12-21-2012 12:57 PM
ussprinceton2004's two Slash 2WD VXL (5807) ussprinceton2004 Non Crawler RC's 2 05-24-2012 03:48 PM