Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: What about a Team associated SC8.2e RTR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What about a Team associated SC8.2e RTR?

Hello,
I am looking into buying the Team associated sc8.2e, yes I know 1/8th scale short course is out of date. But this truck comes RTR and is as others say durable. I have the traxxas 4x4 ultimate "LCG" but I want something that is large so can anyone suggest if this is worth the money. I plan on putting dual gens ace 2s lipo's in there. Do they have many after-market parts for them? I just want to know if its a make it or break it kind of deal. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it, - axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

i dont know about the sc8.2, but i had an sc8 which uses the rc8 suspension.

the sc8.2 uses the rc8.2 front suspension and rc8t chassis and braces with different shock towers and body mounts. they dont have alot of parts for specifically the sc8.2 but the rc8t and rc8.2 parts will work.

the trucks are incredibally strong though, the only major issue is the front bumper but a TBR bumper will fix the issue

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What about a Team associated SC8.2e RTR?

Ok thank you for the information, if anything should go wrong I will use the rc8t parts, even if the esc fails I might put a mmm or a tx8 in there depending on my budget. But I aperciate the help c0bra, -axial 4x4 crawler
Old 11-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
RCC Addict

the rc8t parts will only work for the chassis and chassis braces. if you have any suspension issues its rc8.2 parts. the front shocks i think are rc8.2 rear shocks. the rears are rc8t fronts

Old 11-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

That will defiantly work, I am still not for sure what lipos to get, probably the gens ace as I said but does thee factory esc come with lipo shut off for 4s power? I really dont want to drop a 350 dollar rx8 system in their, I might just use stock electronics till they go out, but as you said I heard the shocks on these trucks are lower quiality or am I talking about the old s8e with those shocks, thank you for the advie c0bra, - axial 4x4 crawler
Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
That will defiantly work, I am still not for sure what lipos to get, probably the gens ace as I said but does thee factory esc come with lipo shut off for 4s power? I really dont want to drop a 350 dollar rx8 system in their, I might just use stock electronics till they go out, but as you said I heard the shocks on these trucks are lower quiality or am I talking about the old s8e with those shocks, thank you for the advie c0bra, - axial 4x4 crawler
im not really sure but anything lower than a 4s will eventually puff. after i converted my sc8 to electric i smoked a 3s lipo within a handful of packs. i dont know about the .2 shocks but the sc8 shocks are not big bores. they are not the greatest and can be made to work. the factory team big bore shocks are much better than stock tho.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Yeah like you said I new the regular sc8 didn't have big bores, I don't think 1/10 big bores would work, because it can some traxxas big bores but they would probably be to small for the sc8.2e, I think the esc is rated for 4s if I'm not mistaking but i would by a venom 5000 mah 11.1 40c but that's only if I couldn't run 4s, but did you say you smoked a 3s or did any part of the truck overheat? Thanks for your advice, - axial 4x4 crawler
Old 11-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
RCC Addict

the factory team shocks for the rc8.2 and rc8t will work.

at the time i was running a venom 3s lipo with a castle mamba monster esc and 2200kv 1/8 scale motor. only the battery let out a puff, everything else was ok.

What about a Team associated SC8.2e RTR? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team associated sc8 c0bra Non Crawler RC's 23 11-20-2012 08:38 PM