Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's
Loading

Notices

Thread: MST Drift car

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default MST Drift car

Anyone here got one of these?

I just bought a MS-01D RTR R35. Just wondering if anyone has one.
Post up some pics or tips you may have.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

I have three MSTs
MS-01D Pro VIP
FS-01D Pro VIP
XXX-01d Pro VIP
All three are great.
The rtr is a great out of the box car.
I would upgrade all the uprights to aluminum, all the turnbuckles to left/right adjustable and get a one-way in it.
Also plan on a sensored brushless set up, 10.5t or 8.5t.
R2 hobbies HPI T-drift knock-offs for the street, cuz they're really cheap and wear just as fast as the HPIs.
Also get a fast servo, Bluebirds are cheap so buy a couple.
When you go drift, chalk out a track and practice.
Just free drifting doesn't teach you much, once you're confined to a track layout you really start learning how to control it.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinDoug View Post
I have three MSTs
MS-01D Pro VIP
FS-01D Pro VIP
XXX-01d Pro VIP
All three are great.
The rtr is a great out of the box car.
I would upgrade all the uprights to aluminum, all the turnbuckles to left/right adjustable and get a one-way in it.
Also plan on a sensored brushless set up, 10.5t or 8.5t.
R2 hobbies HPI T-drift knock-offs for the street, cuz they're really cheap and wear just as fast as the HPIs.
Also get a fast servo, Bluebirds are cheap so buy a couple.
When you go drift, chalk out a track and practice.
Just free drifting doesn't teach you much, once you're confined to a track layout you really start learning how to control it.
Already got the turn buckles coming. What do you think about a Traxxas 2075 servo? The rtr comes with the one way.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

I love KO Propo lower profile servos.
I know nothing about traxxas servos.
MST does not support Hitec so they do not make a 24 spline servo saver horn, FYI.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default Re: MST Drift car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinDoug View Post
I love KO Propo lower profile servos.
I know nothing about traxxas servos.
MST does not support Hitec so they do not make a 24 spline servo saver horn, FYI.
Couldn't I just buy a different servo saver for a hitec? I was looking at a Trackstar 10.5T brushless system and a blue bird servo. Is this a good servo? I don't want to spend more than $15 on a servo.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

You could, but it's easier said than done. They're compact with a long arm. Most of those type of arms need to be bought in several pieces. A Yokomo saver will work great, Tamiya is too short. Most other companies are built into the bell cranks like HPI.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default

Thoughts on this servo? http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dparentcat=298

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

That's slow. The slowest to buy is .11sec. There are some really fast bluebird servos for $13 each but get two, cheap parts are not reliable.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

All the numbers look good.
Bluebird is great.
Turnigy is unreliable as hell but if you have good experience with them then maybe it'll work for you.
Alot of folks go with HobbyWing who happens to be the nmother company of the higher end Speed Passion electronics.
The sensored end of Hobbywing runs close the same price as SpeedPassionUSA. I like the Reventon Pro ESC.
Speed Passion America online store
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default Re: MST Drift car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinDoug View Post
All the numbers look good.
Bluebird is great.
Turnigy is unreliable as hell but if you have good experience with them then maybe it'll work for you.
Alot of folks go with HobbyWing who happens to be the nmother company of the higher end Speed Passion electronics.
The sensored end of Hobbywing runs close the same price as SpeedPassionUSA. I like the Reventon Pro ESC.
Speed Passion America online store
Well, a speed passion ESC costs almost as much as 3 of those together. It just wasn't in the budget. Actually the pro esc's are way over what I paid.
Only way I could get that now is used.

Last edited by fr8cture; 12-27-2013 at 12:23 PM.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

I know.
The Reventon R is around $80 and good for 70a, more than enough for a drift car.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default Re: MST Drift car

Well since Tsuiso hobbys was unable to get the car to me in a reasonable amount of time got a refund and went on ebay and bought the red evo version of the RTR.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #14
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the lair editing video
Posts: 660
Default Re: MST Drift car

Nice! I think you'll be really happy with it. Several in our club run them. I think I'm soon to be an owner of one as well
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default Re: MST Drift car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
Nice! I think you'll be really happy with it. Several in our club run them. I think I'm soon to be an owner of one as well
Awesome, you talking about them on the rc car cast is what made me look at them then I wanted one. lol It should hopefully be here monday.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default

Well here it is.


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #17
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

Nice, they are already counter geared.....looks like 30%CS.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default Re: MST Drift car

It's at 1.5CS
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #19
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SSF
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: MST Drift car

Ah, ok 50%CS.
It'll be a little tricky getting used to it.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,202
Default Re: MST Drift car

Body is done except LED's.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



MST Drift car - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle vs. Car Drift Battle 3 now with Baja/Sand Car. 59sled Chit Chat 20 07-05-2013 06:03 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com