Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Palmdale / Lancaster, CA (Antelope Valley) Off-Road Bashing Spots?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Palmdale / Lancaster, CA (Antelope Valley) Off-Road Bashing Spots?

I'm on temporary assignment in Palmdale, CA for a couple of weeks. I brought my RC's with me. If anyone reading this is (or was) from the Antelope Valley, do you know if there are any good (legal) places to do some off-road running, jumping and general RC bashing?
MailManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Palmdale / Lancaster, CA (Antelope Valley) Off-Road Bashing Spots?

West - California at RCCrawler.com

Out of my way, try posting here too.
nmanuel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:51 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmanuel01 View Post
West - California at RCCrawler.com

Out of my way, try posting here too.
Thanks for the tip! I just did a search in that section of the forum and found an ongoing discussion about Crawling locations in the Antelope Valley. I hope I didn't offend any of them by asking for a bashing location!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Nope, no offense here. Just trying to help out
nmanuel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

This is a duplicate post to one that I added to an existing thread over in the West California RCCrawler section. I'm not trying to spam. This is meant to be informative. It is updated info that I found regarding RC bashing areas in Palmdale.

Palmdale has a lot of undeveloped land in and around the city. Some of that land is not suitable for RC bashing since it might be covered with scrub brush, be too flat and boring or be too rocky. However, all you have to do is drive a mile or two in any direction with your eyes open to quite readily find suitable spots.

Today, I found the "Graveyard" area that I mentioned over in the other thread. It's between two cemeteries. Imagine that! The "Graveyard" bashing location is behind a Pet Cemetery near the intersection of Ave S and 20th St on the East side of Ave S. Palmdale's Desert Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery is on the opposite side of Ave S.

This spot is pretty much the perfect location for RC bashing because it's easy to get to, has good off-highway parking, has a long stretch of old paved road-bed for speed runs and has some nice open dirt areas with jumps that have been groomed by BMX bikers. Unfortunately, I didn't get to run my rigs there because I found it on the way back to my hotel after work and did not have my RC's with me. By the time I was ready to go back out, the Antelope Valley had a torrential downpour with enough lightning to knock out the electricity at my hotel for a few minutes.

As good as the Graveyard is, there are plenty of other excellent RC bashing locations. I drove East on Sierra Highway between Ave S and Ave P on the way back to my hotel and saw probably three more really good RC bashing spots. They were not quite as perfect as the Graveyard, but not bad at all. Not one of them, including the Graveyard, had a single person at them when I drove by.

Next week I return to Palmdale for three more days. Maybe I'll have enough time to take my rigs to the Graveyard for a few runs and take some video that I can post here.

Last edited by MailManX; 05-22-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Palmdale / Lancaster, CA (Antelope Valley) Off-Road Bashing Spots? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
antelope valley - palmdale / lancaster damnpaleguy California 9 05-22-2014 09:12 PM
Lancaster/Palmdale Crawlers Aaronb California 14 10-14-2011 11:33 PM
Anyone know good crawl spots In the San luis Valley? BEELZEBOB Colorado 7 04-05-2010 04:03 PM
Fox Valley Crawl spots... R/CMaxximus5.0 Wisconsin 24 08-01-2009 10:21 AM
Off-Road Spots blt-2-drg Arizona 6 09-29-2008 06:25 PM