Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Suggestions for a brand of rc to start buying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Suggestions for a brand of rc to start buying

Well the very last straw has been pulled by redcat from me and I'm selling off the whole lot now as it is ****ing garbage just like their customer service.
So what I'm wondering what would be agood brand to go with that also has a wide variety of RC's to choose from as well as parts and upgrades I like many types of RC's so not necessarily looking for just an off road brand either. So what do you think would be good for a basher like me with some extra cash to burn ?
How is tamiya for quality as I've grown up around that name brand a long time and never really owned there RC's.
Just used to build their models when I was young and lately the local shop has put up all these tamiyas on there shelves.
VenomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Suggestions for a brand of rc to start buying

Any of the A list names should do you well. Not sure why you want to put yourself into a corner by picking one that offers the most diversity...

Something else I like to stress, especially when someone feels they have made a bad purchase: research research research. This is the information age! Live in it!

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 06-09-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm not looking at it as backing myself into a corner I look at it as I can order all my parts from one place so one customs form and fees and one shipping as I live pretty far nothern canada and it's a pain in the ass to clear customs sometimes so makes it easier.
But that's agood point As well that I never really thought about. Thanks
Old 06-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Suck it up!

Just find a supplier that carries multiple brands. RPP, AMain, TowerHobbies, etc...

Typically I do all my shopping at RPP. If they don't have a part I need, a post in their vendors thread usually starts the process of them stocking it. Unless its a backordered or really hard to find item, it'll be available for purchase within a week.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #5

as far as a basher-specific rig, IMHO you cannot beat traxxas. i can only speak for the slash 4x4 since its the only traxxas rig i own, but good lord its a FUN truck, its easy to work on, and its tough as freaking nails.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

K thanks never really considered owning a traxxas. Looked them up a couple times tried them out. And I hear rpm is excellent apparently the parts are guaranteed for life ?
Old 06-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Hell I live in Northern Canada, just below the southern tip of Alaska and have ordered stuff from RPP, even just last week and have no trouble with customs and the stuff is here in 10 to 14 days, they are great, cheer`s EH
Fiftygrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

You live in Dawson creek then ?
I'm in grande prairie and yeah had a few issues with redcat shipping and a couple packages took days to clear for some reason.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Love my 4x4 slash, rpm great for a arms but the front bumper was a joke compared to stock. Pulled the screws right from the bottom of diff from a gentle curb bump.

If running 3s bashing, I recommend finding some metal drive lines

Stock body is one of the best bodies I've run on it for airborne control, not the strongest body but some fiber tape and shoe goo helps them out, and some spare lexan added to rear mount holes to double the material there
Whiplashdjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

a couple buddies of mine have had redcat and didn't much care for them. I've got 2 traxxas, 1 team associated, 2 tamyia, and my axial. All depends on what you're looking for in a truck. Durability of all of them are extraordinary. The tamyia are a little harder to get parts for and longer shipping times.
vinnyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I think for what you are looking for traxxas would be a pretty good choice. They are relatively reliable, parts are easy to find and they usually make the models for a long time so you don't have to worry about things getting discontinued. Just remember that things will eventually wear out or break so don't fly off the handle when it does.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Default Suggestions for a brand of rc to start buying

Just remember that things will eventually wear out or break so don't fly off the handle when it does.[/QUOTE]

Oh no Need to fly off the handle when a good quality rc breaks as I was used to redcat and all they did was break and now that I'm running Losi it's weird as I expect things to break every corner and jump and they don't so this is a new found love as I spent over 8 hrs of run time over a couple of days on this new Losi desert buggy lx and just bashing at the local dirt bike track and finally today snapped an arm pin and was happy to see the solidness of this rc and was a very quick fix. And to snap that arm pin I hit a very high jump and landed sideways. I'm very pleased with this unit.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #13

I like hpi the savage xl is a great basher and very easy to work on with the tvps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deadbolt985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Just remember that always consider parts availabilty and support when buying any rig, because you'll break it no matter what.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #15

Bash: Tamiya
Race: Associated
emory70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggestions for a brand of rc to start buying - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ripped a brand new rover, Suggestions? josephi Tires and Wheels 4 02-25-2013 08:23 AM
Brand new to these axles and don't know where to start J.T. Kyosho Crawlers 13 03-11-2012 02:21 PM
I'm buying a laptop... suggestions? Missy Chit Chat 49 01-28-2012 03:49 PM
Buying a harbor freight lathe, any suggestions? brokeitagain Tools, and Procedures 26 03-18-2010 01:09 AM
Is this brand of lipo worth buying? RocSpyder Electronics 10 02-19-2009 10:03 PM