Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: What basher to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default What basher to buy?

Hey fellas,

Been years since I bought a go fast rc. I have a revo and savage nitro. I’d like to get something electric, fast and fun but brands have changed a lot. Arrma and hpi have a lot of uncertainty with the hobbico bankruptcy. I was thinking maybe a slash 4x4 or e revo. I’d like something fun to bash off-road and on pavement sometimes. I want long run time as much as possible.

Any suggestions? I don’t want to buy a car I can’t get parts for.
Thank you!
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What basher to buy?

The new E-Revo has been getting really good reviews. If you've got the cash, I don't think you'd be disappointed with that one.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:20 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

^^^ I looked at one out of the box at my LHS and while it's not the type of vehicle for me (I prefer a LITTLE bit of realism) it seems really tough - those body reinforcement "pucks" look indestructible!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks fellas. I’ll look at it. My lhs won’t have it for a few more days yet. I loved my revo 3.3. I just hate that it takes 2 batteries. It weighs a lot and it’ll cost a small fortune to get enough packs to enjoy it for a good while. I appreciate the feedback
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #5

The new eRevo 2.0 is suddenly not available until May. There are speculations that Traxxas is updating the weak spots, but there is absolutely no confirmation on that.

I'm a huge fan of the Slash 2WD as a basher.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:56 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Pretty much any 2wd Traxxas 1/10 scale is a cheap and reliable basher. I have a 2wd slash with an old Novak HVmaxx system that I run on 4s lipo. I always thought it made my Ofna 9.5 fly until I put it in that little slash!
EZCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I've not been able to kill my 2wd slash, it takes a beating everytime its out, 100% guilt free. In fact I just did new grease, bearings and cleaned it from all of the winter running its done. road salt can be rough on RC cars...
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #8

+1 on the e-revo 2.0. I picked one up when they were first available and love it. Other than the servo problems they are having, its a killer basher. I find my self running it more than my x-maxx recently. The slash is also a great option. I have a 4x4 vxl and other than the driveshafts, its takes one heck of a beating. And even if I do break it, its super cheap to fix. You wont go wrong with either one.
TunedUpDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote

What basher to buy? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buy or not to buy. A decision guidance... alex3773 Venom Creeper 22 08-25-2009 11:59 PM
Buy a kit or buy just a pair of axles iphong Tamiya Clod Buster 8 04-26-2007 12:46 PM
Best place to buy to buy lexan bodies!! RYY Newbie General 2 11-24-2006 11:38 AM