Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Short course questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Short course questions

So I have a pro sc 4x4. I just tore the whole thing down, cleaned it, changed diff oil and shock oil and put back together. So my question is, why does it not move as fast going forward now but when you punch it in reverse it wants to freaking move on 3s like it did going forward before I tore everything down? It's like it's the total opposite now. And my 2nd question is, do these trucks handle ok with 1.9 tires and wheels? I see people here n there putting 1.9s on the sc trucks but I figured I'd see if anyone has any experience with that before I spend any money. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Short course questions

Is your esc programmable? Sounds like you've got timing added, but you've got the motor wires reversed and your throttle on the tx is reversed to compensate?

I run 1.9"s on my 2wd Slash. With the addition of Crawler Innovation's Deuce's Wild closed cell foams, it handles well in the corners and at speed, but the tires that I'm running do not hook up as well as a dedicated short course tire when it comes to acceleration... likely due to the narrower width and shallower tread depth. You may not notice any loss of acceleration being 4wd, and depending on the tires you choose. I keep the 1.9"s on for general screwing around, but put sct tires back on for the few times we go to the track.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I don't believe it programmable. It's just the stock reedy esc. But yes my tx is reversed to compensate. I figured one of my kids just moved it when they were by it. I'll double check the wires and see if that fixes it haha.

Maybe I'll try some 1.9s out since there's alot more to choose from. I pretty much just screw around cuz there's no tracks where I'm at. I'll occasionally play around on a dirt bike track here but there's not really a high visibility point there to be able to see much of where you're at so it's still pretty much just screwing around. Thanks for the help. I'll post back the results if I had the wires reversed later tonight or tomorrow.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I have the manual for a Pro Rally and I took a picture of the ESC page, its says the SC900-BL and the SC1300-BL are programmable and you use the radio to do the programming

I tried to program it so I could have reverse, but couldn't hear the beeps and missed the flashing lights to enter the right section, and haven't used it much, cause I needed to replace the fan on the esc, which did this month

The pictures are not the best but you might be able to see it and I think you can find online how to program the esc, now that I fixed the fan will have to try and get the reverse working

I had extra Novak esc fans, now it stays cool

Last edited by kgb424; 12-11-2018 at 12:54 AM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So I just found my manual as well. I thought I threw it away a couple months ago when I was doing some cleaning. It is the sc-800 which is not programmable. It's just the wires backwards. We're good to go now!! Thanks for your guys help!!! I was worried I screwed something up.

Short course questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short Course noob questions heinie_21 Non Crawler RC's 0 10-12-2011 04:13 PM
Newbie Lurker with some questions and a short intro. MAD MAC Team Losi Comp Crawler 3 05-05-2011 05:52 PM
Newbie Lurker with some questions and a short intro. MAD MAC General Crawlers 2 05-01-2011 11:22 AM
New to short coarse. Have a few slash questions. calikingcrawler Non Crawler RC's 5 07-01-2009 06:22 PM