Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s easy rwd drift car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s easy rwd drift car

I’m sure you guys/girls have seen the Mojave drift truck by now. That truck is meant to be different. Most people shorten the wheelbase on the body to suit what ever chassis they are using and have less 3d printed parts. So that truck is the “show” truck.

Since I am a total noob at 4wd and cs drifting with almost no experience and 0 experience with a rwd drift car, I wanted to pick up a rtr drift car that was similar to the d4 that the drift truck is based on and also brushless. As nearly everything I have is brushless (except scale/trail rigs).

Anyways I also wanted a huge parts base that was accessible here in the States. I really wanted to get the yokomo yd2, however it only comes in a kit version. 3racing doesn’t have an rtr, and if they did I don’t know if I’d even keep it after the truck is done. So I ended up going with mst. Then there’s the choice of the rmx and the fxx. So with the rmx being the closest to the d4 rwd but not being identical, I pulled the trigger on my first ever mst product and rwd rtr drift car. An mst rmx 2.0 rtr with the s15 body

Then with the body not being mounted I just decided to put holes in it. It’s a beater body anyway. I also decided to actually put stickers on it.

After about 2 runs I decided to see if the body I want is actually available. After looking on google and eBay I was only about to find the body in Bulgaria and another country and both had outrageous shipping costs so I decided to give pandora a shot and I finally decided to order 2 of the Nissan s13 onevia bodies

I figured I’m most likely going to screw up one and with these coming from China I might as well order 2. When the body came in I decided to go full on drift car in this body and picked up some magnetic body mounts for a d4

Anyways if anybody has any info on were I can order the hpi s14 boss rocket bunny body please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: c0bra’s easy rwd drift car

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

been waiting for this thread!
how do you like the car so far? having any gyro issues?
the decals you went with instantly transport me back to 2007 when Tamiya offered that S15 body (nismo coppermix livery) on the TT01D. nice choice!

as for the body you got, EXCELLENT! Pandora is great stuff. and that particular one is very nice. although its called a silvia, not a onevia. onevia is when you put the 180sx front (flip up lights) on the silvia coupe chassis. (opposite of a sil80 which is fixed headlights of the silvia on a 180sx hatchback chassis)
yes, i was a Nissan drifter at one point or several (i have owned a US spec s13 240sx hatchback (180sx), Japan spec S14 silvia, US spec S14 240sx. i know a thing or 3...

what kind of surface are you drifting on? that gravel in front of your house looks... yuck. have anything smooth nearby? worth a bit of a drive if you have to.

looking forward to more on this! i still need to get goin on my drifters, my ascender is nearly finished, so hopefully by the end of the year i will have started on at least one drifter.

oh and i looked for that BOSS S14 body for ya. the place i had in mind its out of stock. but here is the link anyway so everyone else knows what you mean. SICK looking car! btw APLASTICS makes one as well, just FYI.
Nissan BOSS S14 (Silvia) 1/10 Body Set (S14 Rocket Bunny) [Rocket Bunny] | Super-G R/C Drift Arena [HOME]
the real deal the RC is based on... BEAST!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: c0bra’s easy rwd drift car

It’s actually asphalt in front of the house. Just part of it is a bit older and wasn’t paved the same way as the rest.

Right now I haven’t had any gyro issues except having to turn it down as I didn’t like how it was at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote

c0bra’s easy rwd drift car - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra’s d4 rwd rc4wd hilux drift build! c0bra Non Crawler RC's 41 01-22-2020 10:03 PM
Wrap Up Next Travis RWD DRIFT RC ACTION at Super G LAboy Non Crawler RC's 6 04-09-2018 04:31 PM
RWD RC Drift at Super-G FD Long Beach Sesh LAboy Non Crawler RC's 2 04-16-2017 04:49 AM
RWD Drift 2003EDGE Non Crawler RC's 0 06-23-2014 06:07 PM