Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: BigWorms MST RMX 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default BigWorms MST RMX 2.0

Well it seems I’m 10yrs late to the RC drift scene. But I recently picked up an MST RMX 2.0 RTR and just wanted to share how fun thing this is out of the box!

It’s RWD with a gyro but it drifts very very good out of the box. And I’m not talking about just power sliding. This thing drift drifts! Be warned! I drive mine on my concrete driveway (not polished) and it chewed up the rear tires in two packs of practice drifting! Good news is. Tires are like 8-12 bucks for 4! Much cheaper than crawler wheels. Lol.

If anyone ever wanted to try RC drifting, this thing out of the box is instant fun.

https://youtu.be/56RBIBejNyQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 01-06-2020 at 03:56 PM.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2020, 05:17 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: BigWorms MST RMX 2.0

That's slick looking!!!
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
That's slick looking!!!
Thanks man! Im about to order a smoking exhaust for it! Ive been watching too many drift vidoes on youtube. LOL.

https://www.ebay.com/i/381843227306?...SABEgKzAvD_BwE
Old 01-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

YouTube and this site are hard on my pocket book too....
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #5

Beautiful! That's the best version of the Skyline (R34) of all time IMO and in that color.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I've been totally eyeing up an RMX or RRX kit for a winter build.... they look like a ton of fun!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:27 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
YouTube and this site are hard on my pocket book too....

Yup!

Old 01-06-2020, 10:31 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Beautiful! That's the best version of the Skyline (R34) of all time IMO and in that color.

Thank you! I totally agree it’s the best version skyline too. I was sold the second I saw it!

Old 01-06-2020, 10:38 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I've been totally eyeing up an RMX or RRX kit for a winter build.... they look like a ton of fun!

I highly suggest one! It just pops the ass out on demand and is so easy to control once you get the hang of it. Runtime is seems insanely long and the gyro it comes with works wonderful. It has three preset settings. Or you can use a 3rd channel to dial your setting in.

I love this thing. So worth the money. I feel like this is just as worthy as my trx4 bronco with all the goodies felt when I bought that.

So much fun! You must try a legit drifter. So much more fun than mini z drifter.

Old 01-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
got to see one of those R34 Skylines when i was in Aruba last week, its funny to see them in person as they are about 30% smaller than that current GTR. Such a cool car to see in person for anyone who grew up in the late 80's early 90's and played a ton of Gran Turismo!

Last edited by alexleblanc; 01-10-2020 at 01:27 PM.
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexleblanc View Post
got to see one of those R34 Skylines when i was in Aruba last week, its funny to see them in person as they are about 30% smaller than that current GTR. Such a cool car to see in person for anyone who grew up in the late 80's early 90's and played a ton of Gran Turismo!
I totally relate with 90's and Gran Turismo! Its the whole reason I picked this body. I just bought the wider mid night green version from killer bodies too. Cant wait to get it.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:14 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I got hooked on drifting a few years back. I started out wondering why I got involved, but once I got my car dialed in I was totally addicted. I now own two a 4x4 and a RWD. MST makes a really nice car

Looks great, I know you'll enjoy it. ...
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:37 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
I got hooked on drifting a few years back. I started out wondering why I got involved, but once I got my car dialed in I was totally addicted. I now own two a 4x4 and a RWD. MST makes a really nice car

Looks great, I know you'll enjoy it. ...

Thank you! Yea Im very late to the drift RC party, but it sure is fun!

I wish I did this when it was more popular. Although, I have two drift tracks somewhat close to me. I guess they are only open from like 5Pm to midnight. And it seems you just pay 10 bucks, sit around and drift around the track all you want. I need to try a real track anyhow. So far my drifting is only done in my driveway. Which seems to chew my tires quick!

I got an exhaust, full leds all around and STROBE flashers now. Lol.

Here’s the smoke exhaust. Warning! I actually tried e cig juice in mine! Do not try e cig juice!!! It works GREAT! But we all got nicotine high from the clouds it made! And it made much more smoke than this video using what smoke liquid the kit came with.

https://youtu.be/MgOE_BroSH0

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 01-16-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:37 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I hear ya on the popularity issue its the same here. I've spent lots of hours laying down laps in my driveway. Which fortunately is wide and long enough for a nice layout. Occasionally another lone wolf or two will stop by for some informal match ups. Never the less weather permitting I average one pack a day for the nicer months. I wish it would take off too. But regardless I'm a drifting fanatic and like you I find it extremely fun and relaxing. When you get in a rhythm going its like nothing else in RC cars or trucks. ...
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
I hear ya on the popularity issue its the same here. I've spent lots of hours laying down laps in my driveway. Which fortunately is wide and long enough for a nice layout. Occasionally another lone wolf or two will stop by for some informal match ups. Never the less weather permitting I average one pack a day for the nicer months. I wish it would take off too. But regardless I'm a drifting fanatic and like you I find it extremely fun and relaxing. When you get in a rhythm going its like nothing else in RC cars or trucks. ...

Thats what I do. I have a large driveway as well. Some of it is polished and some of it is rough like sandpaper. It makes drifting challenging because of the friction change, but Im getting very good at controlling/feeling that change.

Super G drift is about 40mins away from me. They have what looks like a mini downtown city laid out track. I so want to see what driving the car on a real track feels like. Unfortuniatly I have never been to any RC track, so Im kinda of gun shy to show up with no skill and end up being in the way...lol.

So drive way at home for me it is!

Question, are you spool (locked) diff or ball/gear diff on yours?
Old 01-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Im still enjoying the heck out of this MST drifter! I ended up buying new electronics for it. Mine came with a 17.5 turn which is easy to control, but lacks in some top end punch. Went with the Hobbywing XR Pro Stock spec with turbo and boost settings. And the HW V10 G3R 13.5 motor.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...20307/p1148605

Looking forward to seeing how that combo works out!
Old 01-23-2020, 02:01 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Mine arrived this week, got the kit version. I'e got a 120A ESC and 9.5t motor set aside.....might be overkill for a drift newb, but it's what I've got. I also have a 17.5t combo, but I agree it's a bit soft from what I've read.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Mine arrived this week, got the kit version. I'e got a 120A ESC and 9.5t motor set aside.....might be overkill for a drift newb, but it's what I've got. I also have a 17.5t combo, but I agree it's a bit soft from what I've read.
Right on! You make a good point about the motor. The 17.5 turn worked well, but it did lack in speed needed for super long wide turns.

I just went to a 3600kv 13.5T motor and it was WAY too much with the stock 22 pinion. It was much harder to drive for sure. Then I dropped mine to a 20T pinion and it was so much better. SO much!

Then I found out how to setup Boost and turbo while still using that 20T pinion and now this sucker is PERFECT!

And I kind of wish I did a 120A ESC. The stock 50amp is pretty big. The HW XR10 Pro STOCK SPEC I got is so tiny compared to the stock one. Ive had no issues with it. But I do wish it was bigger with a bigger fan.

Which MST kit did you get? What body will you use?
Old 01-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Here some recent pics.

MST RMX 2.0 RTR
Hobbywing XR10 Pro stock spec ESC
Hobbywing G3R 13.5T 3600kv motor IN upper position now.
Flysky GT5 radio
Reefs RC 299LP Servo (299oz @ .06 speed)
MST optional red steering system (3pcs)
MST optional red shocks
MST optional red suspension linkage (not all installed yet)
My trick RC led lighting with backfire exhaust
Magnet body mount
Amazon china rims with MST tires.
Dynamite motor fan.

And here is my shelf body I will be working on. This one is 5-7mm wider than the mst r34 body. Taking my time on this body.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 01-27-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:52 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Swapped to a wider R34 body,deeper offset wheels, and changed the suspension a little. Also installed scale reflex magnet kit.

Need to add my led kit and either tint the windows or add some red recarro seats inside.

BigWorms MST RMX 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HumboldtEF's RWD Drifter (Kenmari MST RMX 2.0) HumboldtEF Non Crawler RC's 54 10-13-2018 09:18 AM
Mst mtx-1 casper975 Newbie General 2 12-30-2017 01:10 AM
Something New from MST 51504rock General Crawlers 8 08-09-2016 05:19 PM