Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Any good/worth it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2020, 09:01 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Any good/worth it?

Hey guys, looking on the local FB marketplace and found these two RCs. Worth it? If any more pics are needed, let me know. TIA

Supposedly a Tamyia belt driven drift car. Any good? Looks like a Traxxas 12T motor, don’t know about anything else. Price is $250.

Traxxas UDR 6S. a lot of metal parts, batteries/charger, and apparently lots of extras. Price is $400. Worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 12-11-2020 at 09:18 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2020, 10:46 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Any good/worth it?

I’d pay those prices as long as it was all in good working order. Maybe offer 600$ for both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:07 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-92 View Post
I’d pay those prices as long as it was all in good working order. Maybe offer 600$ for both?

I would, but it’s two different sellers lmao.

The UDR he says it runs great and can even take 8S which sounds crazy to me. Says the Tamiya runs too

Old 12-12-2020, 02:09 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Prices seam fair but I’d try to haggle a little. Drift car offer 200$, come up 20 bucks or so, udr offer 360$ and see where it goes.

austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:14 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-92 View Post
Prices seam fair but I’d try to haggle a little. Drift car offer 200$, come up 20 bucks or so, udr offer 360$ and see where it goes.

Yeah, I almost always negotiate price unless its something already dirt cheap

Ive never had a belt driven RC and it really caught my attention. To be honest, i didn't even know an electric belt driven rc was a thing.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:06 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

That's not a Tamiya car. Pretty sure it's a 3Racing ... either an Advance or a Sakura I think. Might be an M version (mini) - the tires look a bit large for a 1/10 touring car.

EDIT: Pretty sure it's a Sakura M4, possibly with 1/10 touring wheels ilo mini wheels. https://os.3racing.hk/carkits_web.ph...ts_web_key=129

Last edited by OSRC; 12-12-2020 at 06:15 AM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #7
RCC Addict

No. Save monies for that LMT you wanted. I need someone to buy one and start a thread so I can decide if I want one
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
No. Save monies for that LMT you wanted. I need someone to buy one and start a thread so I can decide if I want one
I second this
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:12 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I second this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post

Trust me, I am still getting an LMT as soon as it drops(my plan lol). I was thinking about doing some trading on the drift car though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
That's not a Tamiya car. Pretty sure it's a 3Racing ... either an Advance or a Sakura I think. Might be an M version (mini) - the tires look a bit large for a 1/10 touring car.

EDIT: Pretty sure it's a Sakura M4, possibly with 1/10 touring wheels ilo mini wheels. https://os.3racing.hk/carkits_web.ph...ts_web_key=129

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything on a Tamiya belt driven touring car. Thanks for that! The kit is only $90, so $250 is kinda high IMO.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 12-12-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:26 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Trust me, I am still getting an LMT as soon as it drops(my plan lol). I was thinking about doing some trading on the drift car though.

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything on a Tamiya belt driven touring car. Thanks for that! The kit is only $90, so $250 is kinda high IMO.

Seriously?

Tamiya has had several belt-driven AWD touring car chassis in the past - Hell, I even owned one.

They have more than one currently available, in fact - in both single and dual belt style.

Try using Google...

BTW - Did you actually look at the Traxxas UDR on any other site than your local Craigslist?

It's a $730+ rig, new.

Also, not to just hammer on and on about incorrect information - but that's no Traxxas 12t motor in the touring car.

That sure looks like a brushless motor to me, as it has an aluminum finned housing.

The Traxxas Titan 12t is a cheap sealed-endbell steel can brushed motor that looks like this:

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

That udr is definitely worth the price. Only thing is, its not something you can take out and hammer on. It rolls and breaks easily. You need to drive it like you would a real one. Some people really don't like them for this reason, while some love it. Would recommend staying away from the 8s on it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Seriously?

Tamiya has had several belt-driven AWD touring car chassis in the past - Hell, I even owned one.

They have more than one currently available, in fact - in both single and dual belt style.

Try using Google...

BTW - Did you actually look at the Traxxas UDR on any other site than your local Craigslist?

It's a $730+ rig, new.

Also, not to just hammer on and on about incorrect information - but that's no Traxxas 12t motor in the touring car.

That sure looks like a brushless motor to me, as it has an aluminum finned housing.

The Traxxas Titan 12t is a cheap sealed-endbell steel can brushed motor that looks like this:

My apologies, I said that wrong. I meant a Tamiya chassis that looked like this one. I definitely found Tamiya belt driven cars. What’s google? lmao

Yes, I know the UDR price is pretty cheap, I guess I mean’t how reliable they are by saying if it was worth it. Again, my apologies.

I thought that too about the Traxxas 12T, as it has the wires coming from the top instead of the side and the case. but there is a picture of the chassis from the bottom, and it has a Traxxas 12T in it. Must’ve been an old picture. I would get a picture, but unfortunately that post is deleted.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

That UDR price is pretty good if it includes all the items in the pic, charger and controller etc, especially if that would include shipping. But, always haggle.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
That UDR price is pretty good if it includes all the items in the pic, charger and controller etc, especially if that would include shipping. But, always haggle.

Yep, includes everything. Waiting on a reply, I’ll have an update on what goes on there.

Old 12-12-2020, 08:31 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Yep, includes everything. Waiting on a reply, I’ll have an update on what goes on there.

One thing to keep in mind, that's a big fast truck. do you have somewhere to run it? Needs lots of space to really enjoy it. that's one of the reasons I am gonna sell my Losi Baja Rey. Nowhere to really open it up and stretch it's legs. I've only run about half a dozen small packs through it.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:42 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
One thing to keep in mind, that's a big fast truck. do you have somewhere to run it? Needs lots of space to really enjoy it. that's one of the reasons I am gonna sell my Losi Baja Rey. Nowhere to really open it up and stretch it's legs. I've only run about half a dozen small packs through it.

Yeah, I’ve got a good amount of space and there is a skatepark 2 minutes down the road from me. I know not the best place, but I think it’ll be fun!

Old 12-12-2020, 09:08 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This is some of the reason I like my little VXL swapped Stampede over my brushed E-Revo, don’t need as much room to run it and it doesn’t try and rip out grass when driven hard through the lawn, even with only a 775 swapped in to replace the 550’s.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:20 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Udr at a skate park? Ouch.
Yeah belt drive cars are OK but pretty outdated for drifting. If its really a drift car it might be setup for CS. Means the front and rear ratio is over/under to force you to countersteer where as 1:1 ratio awd drifting has hardly any countersteer at all.
Maybe buy it just for the electronics?
Like you said just for trade fodder might be your best bet.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Any good/worth it? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you think it's worth? the Jeffro General Scale Talk 4 08-30-2017 04:07 AM
any good hobby shops in ft worth rangercat23 Texas 2 01-05-2012 08:40 AM
How much is this worth???? nandez11 Chit Chat 7 09-19-2006 04:05 AM