Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: JimK's Losi Tenacity DB Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2023, 02:00 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default JimK's Losi Tenacity DB Pro

I was hoping to take my Marksman out for a little trail run today but we've had nothing but rainy days for the last few days. So...I decided to spend a little time today tinkering on my Tenacity.

I've had this buggy for a couple years now and I've had a lot of fun with it. Sometimes I'll take it to the local track but usually I'll just go to one of the ball diamonds in town or do some parking lot bashing. Either way this go fast buggy is a ton of fun!! Other than upgrading the steering servo to a Savox this thing is completely stock.

I've got a few sets of wheels/tires for this buggy and recently I put on a new set of Proline BFG All Terrain KO2s mounted on Proline F-11 2.2/3.0 beadlocks. I haven't had a chance to run them yet but they certainly look pretty bad ass on there.

I also took the time to bind this buggy to my new Spektrum DX5C Smart transmitter. I quite like this new radio and set up and calibration was quick and pretty straight forward.

I also took a minute and labelled the two battery packs that I use for this buggy. It's the only rc I have that uses IC5 plugs so it would be hard to mix them up but my ocd got the best of me....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited by JimK; 12-27-2023 at 02:07 PM.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2023, 02:12 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: JimK's Losi Tenacity DB Pro

I've had this Exotek aluminum steering upgrade sitting around forever and a day so I decided to put it in today. It comes with full bearings and was silky smooth once I got it installed.

I took the old plastic steering rack out and took the servo saver spring and collar out of it to use in the new aluminum rack.

To be honest I put off installing the new steering rack because I was dreading having to tear this thing apart for the installation. In actuality once I took the chassis brace off I had very easy access to the steering mechanism and the swap out was fast and easy. That's what I get for procrastinating for so long!!

Just about all back together in this shot and it sure looks sexy. I cinched the servo saver collar down pretty tight so it doesn't really do much servo saving anymore....I'm ok with that.

The steering arm mounted a little lower than the stock one so I ended up putting an aluminum spacer in there to get the linkage sitting a little more level. It was hitting the side of the servo at full crank without the spacer. Not good.

Last edited by JimK; 12-27-2023 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:30 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Lastly I installed a set of RPM chassis skid plates. I should have installed these a long time ago but better late than never I suppose.

This thing has been used and abused but the chassis has held up well. It has more than it's fair share of scratches on the bottom but I consider that to be a purely cosmetic issue that is to be expected.

I like that the skid plates have "nipples" on the bottom the fit into the existing screw countersinks in the bottom of the chassis.

All fastened in place and ready to go. I think they look pretty good and add a sort of tough look to the buggy. We'll see how good they look after a couple of runs?

.....and when I was all done I put it back in the corner because it was raining outside and I couldn't go out and play. Hopefully I can get out for a little rip tomorrow?

Last edited by JimK; 12-27-2023 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-29-2023, 05:30 PM   #4

looks good alright. best shrtcourse tires for sure
Tchinghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 08:53 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchinghar View Post
looks good alright. best shrtcourse tires for sure
Thanks my friend.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:27 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ran a couple packs through the buggy today over at the arena parking lot. Didn't have a lot of time as it was getting pretty dark. Forgot how fast this thing is even on just 2s. I was going to try a 3s pack tonight but my battery pack was slightly too long for the battery tray. I like the changes that I made recently but I felt I was constantly fight against the AVC. I think I'm going to just deactivate it again and run without it.

Last edited by JimK; 01-01-2024 at 05:29 PM.

JimK's Losi Tenacity DB Pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JimK's SCX24 Gladiator JimK Micro Scale Rigs 46 08-04-2023 10:11 AM
Losi tenacity sct parts help TIREBUSTER Non Crawler RC's 7 02-08-2019 05:24 AM