Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Basher tires? M2K?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Basher tires? M2K?

Alright, I'm going to be getting new tires/rims for my pede, and was wondering what y'all thought about the Pro-line M2K's as a basher tire. Never have run them on anything, but the tread looks like it'd hold up well and give good traction. The question I have tho is, How much do they weigh? going from a 2.8 to a 2.2 rim and still gaining .1" height I think there would be a lot more rubber, but is that going to make a big difference? any input would be great! Thanks!
FossilJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

so youre only gaining a tenth of an inch in height it will make no difference on you driveline or gearing or anything, but m2ks are the best tire for a pede. they weigh almost nothing and traction like a mutha-shut yo mouth.
i had em on my brushless pede and they lasted forever. grippy as hell
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Excellent, exactly what I wanted to hear. BTW, what brushless setup did your pede have (motor, esc, bat)? I want to go brushless, but it'll be a while till I have the $$ Thank's for the info on the tires tho!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #4

i have a tricked out pede with the novak super sport 5800, fast as F****. cheap 3800 batteries off the intenet somewhere. very fun, i do reccomend rpm bumper and bearing carriers if you dont already have them, and maybe a wheelie bar i made one out of some gutter material! very easy. also if you go brushless definately upgrade to the aluminum idler gear. any more questions let me know
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

idler gear done, even with a 15x2 speedgem it stripped real quick, along with the spur! What kind of run times are you getting off teh 3800's? RPM upgrades are planned, but not here yet. I know I need a wheelie bar, as it's already hard to keep front on the ground! I've been looking at the Swami bar with integrated (sp) rear skid, just haven't done it yet. When you say fast, what kind of speeds are you getting? What gearing are you running? have any videos?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

ps, MODS, if this is getting too off topic, feel free to rename and/or move this thread!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #7

my runtimes are pretty much 12-15 minutes. depending on if its full throttle bashing or track racing. racing its about 9 minutes. i have it at 19/87 with keeps the fronts on the ground. i also have my battery relocated to the bottom in a tray for better CoG. dont know haw fast it can go but its fast enough to jump six sidewalk squares with my ramptech kicer ramp. heres a few pics

Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

very nice! 12 minutes... wow! I thought I had short runtimes! with the 19/87 setup I have a hard time keeping the front end down till I'm going about 5MPH, then we're good to go. Love the look of your rig, but it's a hare too low for my taste. I bet it handles well tho!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #9

with the mashers it was much much higher! with the battery that low it really helps with the handling with the mashers, not near as many traction roll overs. yeah thats why i have it so low too, is to handle the wheelies. i have beat the hell outta this thing for the last 8 or so months and its held up freakishly well, everything thats not stock has been replaced cause i broke it but i have had this for a few years.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

My digital scale says 4.5oz per tire w/ foam.
Zombie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Why not just start with a Rustler for a lower CG?
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

cause I'm goin fer a basher, not a racer. I like the way the pede is setup more.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #13
RCC Addict

That's cool, just wondering. I just see a lot of people modding Pede's for a lower CG, when the Rusty is basically the same rig with a lower chassis.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote