Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: rc10gt help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default rc10gt help

aight fellas im kinda in a bind. i have a old rc10gt that was my first nitro and it had been sitting for like 3 years. well i got it out a few weeks ago pressure washed it and looked over it. well yesterday i went to the hobbyshop and bought all the parts to get it back up and going and look good too. the only problem is that the new engine i scored from a member off here is a longer crankshaft version and the gt needs a shorter style engine to fit. is there anyway to run the motor i have in the truck? anywhere i could find out? does someone want to trade a nice engine that will fit in a gt for a brand new xtm .15 long crankshaft? any help would really be appreciated, i am really bummed cause i was looking to get the thing up and running soon, oh well if all else fails i may need to mak a custom chassis........nitro rail car....hmmmm
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

that shouldnt affect it, just put the motor farther back.
Crawler Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

yea but the stock chassis doesn't have enough room to move the motor enough.
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

you should dude, i had a gt, and theres room to slide it back, just move the exhaust over also.
Crawler Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Noob
that shouldnt affect it, just put the motor farther back.
You are kidding right? If you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, why post?

I have been racing GT's for years.
What do you mean by long? The GT uses a short threaded shaft. If it is a long threaded you can cut it. If it is a pilot shaft then you have a problem.

If that is the case and it won't work I can help you out. I club race 1/10 scale gas truck and just bought a new RC10 GT2 and new motor. I have my old 18CVR that runs good still. Just isn't legal to race with. Maybe you pay shipping and you can have it. Hell for a few bucks you could probably talk me out of the whole truck.

Just pm me if you have any questions.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Noob View Post
you should dude, i had a gt, and theres room to slide it back, just move the exhaust over also.
This guy's a gong-show.
goslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
aight fellas im kinda in a bind. i have a old rc10gt that was my first nitro and it had been sitting for like 3 years. well i got it out a few weeks ago pressure washed it and looked over it. well yesterday i went to the hobbyshop and bought all the parts to get it back up and going and look good too. the only problem is that the new engine i scored from a member off here is a longer crankshaft version and the gt needs a shorter style engine to fit. is there anyway to run the motor i have in the truck? anywhere i could find out? does someone want to trade a nice engine that will fit in a gt for a brand new xtm .15 long crankshaft? any help would really be appreciated, i am really bummed cause i was looking to get the thing up and running soon, oh well if all else fails i may need to mak a custom chassis........nitro rail car....hmmmm

I have run both long (SG) shaft and cut shafts on my GT. If it is the pan chassis or the early plate GT I do not think the SG will work, the old school 4pc mount will not adjust enough. If it is the plate chassis, it should work, but if it's the XTM motor you're trying might be why... Pics would help a lot
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I had one and the shaft was to long on the new motor, it was a threaded shaft so i just took a dremel with the abrasive blade and cut the shaft down to the right length, and then it fit fine.
starvenamrvin is offline   Reply With Quote