Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: rustler x/ vxl VS MM 7700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #21
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
My fun of 12 cells in my 5700 only caused my transmission to explode.
haven't grenade'd a tranny yet, I can't keep the tires on the rims long enough.

Cartronicshn-- is yours a xl-5 ?? if so they are rated up to 9.6 v through the ESC so you should be pretty close to the your speed mark, the thing is once you start speeding up, impacts are amplified so bumps and wrecks are more brutal, although you will still be able to pull full throttle and not watch the truck explode if it's the original pede you would want to upgrade you're esc and motor but then you spending more $$$ than you really want to
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the reply slobin3d, to answer your question, yes it is an xl-5, i was wondering if i could take it to 9.9v with a123 packs and maybe even hit the turbo on them and not melt anything, like i said i rarely use this truck,i have used it twice at most since i bought it, and don't want to spend more $$ then maybe those batteries, oh and plese don't tell me to go lipo, i am still scared of them(from all the horror stories i've heard)
The thing is i might start sinking more money when i start getting stuff for it, and then i rarely sell a any of my rigs, they just keep adding up
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #23
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I was thinking about the A123's as well, but I would be afraid of the turbo button on the factory ESC... I doubt the extra .3v will matter at all since a good charged 9.6v pack is closer to 12v when its peaked. I havent really had a chance to play with some of the New 123's will they handle the amp draw required to run a truck like mine?? or will I have to run a few in parallel?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #24
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I would recommend two packs in parallel with something that fast. They will handle it with just one pack, but it would have more power with two P.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Well sorry for bringing this back from the dead but i need help..again, so i have been using my xl-5 rusty lately and decided i would invest a little $$ on it, not much just enough to get it to 50mph, i got the tranny steel internals, an of brand bl motor/esc, all i know form the motor is the following, 3300kv, voltage range 9.6-18v, no load current 5 amps, max load current 58 (60/60s) , max power (w/60s) 420. The esc is a 70amp capable forward/ reverse, i would like to hear any ideas on waht gearing to use and what to expect from only 7.2volt packs , i tried a 4.4 mah maxamps pack with a 76t spur and a 26t pinion and got a best of 34mph on the radar, no gps sorry:-(, should i go to 84t spur, gear up? any help would be appreciated
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #26
I'm a stupid C U N T!

If you have a good range of pinions I would start there and get a smaller spur if you can. You want to find the most speed while not burning up you're esc and motor. with a KV that low you should be able to gear up pretty high, but at 7.2v you'll be limited by the lack of power. the good news is that you can add some serious power to that setup and be safe and then really build the speed from there

You may have to ask JRH but I'm nearly positive you don't want you're motor or ESC over the 220* mark before you start to see issues