Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Looney's 1/8 tubed camaro project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Talking Looney's 1/8 tubed camaro project

ok well i guess that i will make a thread over here about this project. now i know it isn't a crawler but some of you will equally appreciate it. i picked this little baby up from scattman a few months back. i slapped a brushless in it and drove it for a while until a freak accident in my living room ended with the body smashed into several peices in front of my stove. well i took it as time to rebuild the car how i would have built it had it been mine. i scrapped the old chassis with rc10 running gear to assemble a much more scale tube chassis with a solid rear axle. now its isn't finnished yet but it is very close. as soon as i can afford a rc4wd 60 rear axle its getting one slapped right under the rear. i will update this thread as progress continues. this is a short summary of the currently 13 page build thread over on scale4x4. let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have. thanks and enjoy.

just to show the size, next to my emaxx

looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
06 Super National Champ

Nice work.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Thanks Jason.

right now i am just waiting on enough money to buy the 60 axle but i am looking for any axle right now so i can get'er up and running. i have everything to finnish the thing other than a axle so if anyone wants to help me out i am looing to buy a highlift axle or similar. if i can't find one i may just get a axial axle.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
RCC Addict

you know what jason, i almost need the international cxt back to build a tow rig. but then again i really don't need another project.

Last edited by looneybin; 10-26-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

WOW!! Excellent work..if you want to sell it...Im in! LOL!
chaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

i have a spare tlt axle but its locked? lmk
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
RCC Addict

thanks. um the list of people that want to buy this thing if i ever sell it is ridicules. but i'll keep you in mind. as for the tlt sure i'd be interested in it pm sent.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

also i forgot to mention this will be direct drive. i bought a scorpion 3014-18 from jrh to install for wheelie poping motivation. this thing should rip. i also modified the aluminum rims to accept new era green dot foam drag tires. now i have to figure out how to true them??? i will also run a mamba maxx.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #9
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
also i forgot to mention this will be direct drive. i bought a scorpion 3014-18 from jrh to install for wheelie poping motivation. this thing should rip. i also modified the aluminum rims to accept new era green dot foam drag tires. now i have to figure out how to true them??? i will also run a mamba maxx.
Damn direct drive eh its gonna fly alright.

BTW did you get the OG chassis out??? I am hoping to pick up a NIB kit off of ebay when it ends in a day or so
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
RCC Addict

yep, mike i got it out at the first of the week. i think they said monday. but i can't remember. sent it usps. um i want to thank smokinu_by_rc cause he just hooked me up with a tlt axle. now i can build up the four links, get some aluminum threaded mini lst shocks or similar, and get it up and running. my main hold up is that i wanted to be able to test it out as i build the rest. i have to play with battery locations, and stuff to try and dial it in. i don't want to build it and then find out it sucks to drive and then have to try and fix it. as soon as i get the axle i will fab up some rolling stuff and test it out and hopefully get a short video. oooooooohhhh thats right video.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #11
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Keep that rear axle unlocked! Maybe put some really thick grease in it though.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yep, mike i got it out at the first of the week. i think they said monday. but i can't remember. sent it usps. um i want to thank smokinu_by_rc cause he just hooked me up with a tlt axle. now i can build up the four links, get some aluminum threaded mini lst shocks or similar, and get it up and running. my main hold up is that i wanted to be able to test it out as i build the rest. i have to play with battery locations, and stuff to try and dial it in. i don't want to build it and then find out it sucks to drive and then have to try and fix it. as soon as i get the axle i will fab up some rolling stuff and test it out and hopefully get a short video. oooooooohhhh thats right video.
HAH no big deal bro!
As you allready got the confermation number! shipped priority! to ya!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #13
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
You need to install a line lock, find some rubber tires and some bleach
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #14
RCC Addict

working on it!

you really think it needs to be unlocked? the one i bought isn't but it isn't permanent either. oh well we'll see.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #15
RCC Addict

ok here it is as it sits now. i had to cut all the tire bead channels off except for the face as wheel as well as widen the backside of the rims so that the foam tires could be mounted. just look at those meats. as Tim the tool man Taylor would say "ogh ogh ogh!" i feel sry for that tlt axle already lol

Old 10-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

you need the extra parts you know were to ask
Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #17
RCC Addict

i have a nip set of axle shafts, now i just have to remember to shim the diff.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:38 AM   #18
RCC Addict

as for paint i really wish that i could get it painted like JIA's shockwave 55 that paintjob would be sick but its way out of my range of painting skill.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:56 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

That is awesome! Where did you get the body at?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

This thing is SICK, cant wait till its finished
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote