Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Going to Raleigh N.C.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Thumbs up Going to Raleigh N.C.

Down here in Florida we don't have many places to crawl which forces us to make rock piles which suck!

On the 26th of january my wife and i are going up to Raleigh to visit her father and i'm bringing my Nylint, my scale clod rig, and maby my clod comp. rig if i can get finished in time(waiting for tires and wheels that are on back order)...

My question is ...............where to crawl and is there anybody in that area that wants to "try" to "school" me? LoL...................

I'de like to meet someone or 2 from the site.... and mabe someone to crawl with!!!

The best way to contact me is my cell # 813-361-8092 if ne1 wants to hook up for a crawl...

Let me know
thanx
_Jason
STR8_UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

if i still lived in havlock i would make a drive to crawl i would bring our old clod club with the 2 money pit comp. clod trucks. no listen this guy spent 20,000 on a clod crawler its unbeliveable.
joecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I was just there last month and didn't see much, but there are so many trees it's had to see the next block.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

so is it worth my time to even take my rigs? trees > rocks?

if its not worth it, it will free up space in the car for other $hit to take b/c i had it out with the wife b/c i was taking the rigs with me and she didn't want me to and i won the battel!!!

BUT if it isn't worth my time and i'll spend more time looking for a spot than crawling i guess i'll let the wife know she won....

_Jason
Old 01-09-2006, 06:46 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

dont give up there should be rock like in havlock there was a good bit and i was 15 min. from the beach but come on there are rednecks ever where.bring your fav. rig and go to the local gun shop and ask if they now where som 1:1 rock is and that will lead you to some rock. also remember follow the yellow brick stream:-P. no seriosly if i need rock i follow streams and boy will you fing the rock, and if you dont you can crawl over a 1:1 scale cat of gerbil if you didn't bring a decnt crawler.
joecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I wouldn't waste your time. I spent a week there driving around and didn't see anything. Maybe bring one and just play around a bit. But not getting any form the wife for a week isn't worth it to me.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

i might take the nylint b/c its the smallest.... i can't go a week without a$$....but it will piss me off if i go with just my nylint and find kicka$$ rocks and onlyt have a walmart crawler >:(