Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Bull Hole Trailhead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bull Hole, Coolemee NC

Hey guys, just wanted to start a "sign in sheet" for everyone that goes to the bull hole, that way we can see whos gonna be there on what day.

So if you make plans to go, post it in this thread, and maybe we can get more group wheeling done, its always more fun with others around.

Had a better Idea...... started a free forum. Dont want to take away from this forum or steal any members, just thought it would be easier for us to start a club with more web space than a single thread. check out it

The Official Bull Hole Trail Head:

http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/?mforum=thebullhole

Last edited by BigRedB2; 02-07-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: add stuff
BigRedB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

You should put the town and state in your title. Some may not know where the bullhole is. Just a suggestion.

I would also suggest that we come up with some sort of schedule. Just pick some dates for the summer. Something like every third Saturday or something. This way we can plan in advance and have dates to shoot for. Plus we will know that we will have others to wheel with on those days. Like you said it is way more fun with a group of guys. If we get enough people I would be up for a little BBQ lunch or something. Not sure if they allow grills?

It would also be nice maybe to start some sort of club if there is enough interest. Maybe head out to some different places as a group. Are there any other decent size crawl spots around? I am still learning my way around NC. But there has to be some more spots around.

I think there are some crawlers around. If we get organized a bit it will give them a chance to find us. Just some ideas from your wanna be redneck buddy.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hanging Rock would be a good place to wheel, but bring spare batteries, its a long walk.

Pilot Mtn, same deal, long walk. Lots of rocks and trails at both places.

As far as setting schedules, im pretty much free for when ever.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i added a link to my first post. Its a free forum so its not the fastest in the world! bare with it.

Also, Salem lake in winston salem may be a cool place to wheel, theres a path that follows a creek and some places on the creek have lots of rocks. I dont think i would drive from Salisbury or Charlotte to wheel there, but for us around here it may be worth it.

I havent spent much time there, but Uwharrie Offroad Park may be a good place, the 1:1's wheel there alot so theres gotta be a place for us small scale guys. Hanging rock and Uwharrie would offer a place for us to grill, they have camping so fires shouldnt be a problem at those places.