Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #1

Default Tires

Ok tired of seeing no new posts! Looking at getting a set of 1.9 rc4wd tsl boggers. Think the size is 4.9 is there a max size for running comps and if so what is the max? My trepadores are just not going to cut it! Looking for a great all around tire! Not a big fan of how the pit bulls look but they do well from what I have seen
TEAMKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #2

Default Re: Tires

The RC4WD tsl boggers are listed @ 4.79 dia. And don't be dissing on my Pitbulls lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Bryan646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If you want to check out the boggers in person. The ones I ordered my bro-inlaw will be here this week. You could check them out before you order/buy a set..
Bugs Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Not a good rock tire. Better for trail,mud, and loose dirt. A good all around tire is the pro-line tsl and the tsl XL. I have ran these for years and they hook good . Just make sure you get the CI foams. Good foams make a tire! I just bought a set of pit bull rock beasts to try.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The TSL's are a good all around tire, they're ok on rock and ok on dirt. You'll be hard pressed to find a tire that is AWESOME on both rock and dirt. I'm thinking my next set of tires will be the Rock Beast. Gadget and Bad Apple have run these and swear by them.
Just remember what I told you on Saturday about different courses. Rodney's is a lot of rock but mine is a lot of terrain.

heads up y'all - I'm planning another crawl at my place soon

Last edited by The Bug; 05-02-2016 at 08:59 AM.
The Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:55 AM   #6

The rc4wd 1.9 boggers are not sorcca legal they have to be no bigger than 4.75 inchs tall and that is what the proline tsl xls are. I agree run ci foams in them makes a big difference
95xjguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

The IROK Super swampers are only 4.65, and unless you're crawling on a professional level no one around here gets too excited about tire size unless they're a rediculous 1.9 tire that measures 5".
The Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Anything from RC4WD in the X2ss compound is good on rocks. Iroks are hard to beat for all around use. My favorite choice for rock only would be the Gladiator... wide, not excessively tall at 4.5"(better center of gravity, less sidewall rollover) lots of tread for a big footprint, and the X2ss compound is fantastic. I woukd rank the Gladiator right on par with Ptibull RBs on rock. Those Boggers have a harder compound (X3) and they won't grip as well.

As previously stated the Proline TSLs are hard to beat for all around use. Super sticky compound for max adhesion on rock, and the open tread pattern is great for cutting through loose terrain and gripping edges. Also do not rule out the Axial Falken Wildpeak MT... I am finding those to be a very close runner up to the TSLs... yes stock Axial tires! I am running those right now(with custom 2-stage foams similar to Crawler Innovations lil novas with medium outers) and have not found a weak point yet.

If you would rather not follow the masses, Jconcepts also makes a couple of 1.9s that are very good, although lesser - known tires. I have tried the Jconcepts Scorpios and they were phenomenal on rock and loose trail. Wide, soft and sticky compound and the small tread blocks have plenty of "wiggle" so they bite on edges very well.

Basically, anything that is soft and sticky is going to do the trick. Fat tires with closely - spaced tread blocks are best for rock and hard surfacaes... skinnier tires with more space between the tread blocks will cut through loose terrain better.

Sorry for being long-winded, but I love to talk tires lol.
Bad Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #9

Thanks bad apple!! I like long winded lol! But wow now I have to many choices but that's a good thing! Looks like I need a few sets rock for Rodney's and some nasty tires for the cow tipping!!! Looking forward to both comps!!!
Old 05-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #10

Lol went with the pit bull rock beasts!!! I wanted them boggers but 4differant people at Anderson rc talked me in to the beasts! They look awesome fell awesome will let you all know as soon as I get them mounted!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Good choice dude
Bad Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #12

Ran them rock beasts in the rain on wet rock roots and mud!! These will be my go to tires!! Man do they hook up love um the 15min I have ran them can't wait to see how they do at Rodney's !!!!!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #13

I have a set of the rock beast 2 and I hope they work good I liked the way they look
just a sami guy is offline   Reply With Quote