Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > North Dakota

Notices

Thread: SUMMER SERIES (comp#3)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SUMMER SERIES (comp#3)

July 20th is the planned date in Dickinson.

The question is, does anybody other than me and Jason plan on making this comp. If it is to far and no one can make it we should plan it to be someplace else. Jason and I will be in Dickinson for sure that weekend and the 2 of us would be the furthest away so it works out great. Let me know what you guys think. I know it is a little far but it is a traveling point series. So you are going to have to travel.

I will post this same thread on Wings Wheels and Hobbies forums so Chad and Brandon can't make any excuses as to why they can't make another one of the comps. After all I think it was Chad and Brandon who really wanted to do this series and they haven't made a comp yet. We just might have to set up the wrest of the comps in Bismark so they can make some.

Lets here some thoughts from everyone.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Jim and I are still talking about maybe carpooling out there. Not sure yet though.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i plan on being there its the summer series plus if you havent seen the pics of it yet it looks badazz. i think we should do a trail thing too follow the leader what ever it doesnt matter. it doesnt matter to me where the next ones are we dont have many people here interested in rock crawling so it would be nice to have somthing on our coarse but we could always have a gtg or somthing.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I think I might be at the Dickinson comp, I grew up in Williston so it will give me a good reason to head that way again this summer and see my family.

anybody taking highway 2 through Williston on their way?
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Andy and I were talking at the gtg and are hopefully going to make it out for the Dickinson comp...we need a start time and location....seeing as how it is 4 hours from Fargo....I was kind of hoping for an 11am start time....let's get the ideas going on this comp so more people can make it...
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcmonster View Post
Andy and I were talking at the gtg and are hopefully going to make it out for the Dickinson comp...we need a start time and location....seeing as how it is 4 hours from Fargo....I was kind of hoping for an 11am start time....let's get the ideas going on this comp so more people can make it...

Alyssa has a family reunion that weekend; so she won't make it. I should be able to make it but not 100% sure. If you want to go more than likely I'll go too.
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

we need to get ahold of brandon to see what the deal is. ive talked to a few guys from here to see if they want to go but im sure it will just be trev and i so if anyone wants to meet here let me know.
venom-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Gabe and I are looking at a 5+ hour drive one way. Like he said, we're still not sure.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I am going to make this on boys. Been really busy this summer. A little late but from now on I am going to make them no matter what. I checked out the pics from the last comp and man am I pissed i missed it. So plan on me being at this comp.
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

For those of you still on the fence for the Dickinson Comp Sunday July 20th, here are some pictures to hopefully persuade you into making the trip. This site will surly be the best comp all summer. Anyone who hasn't crawled on a rock formation instead of river rock is missing out. It brings out a whole new side of the crawling world. Maybee you have heard about it, it's called side hilling. Using the natural rock face to transition from one gate to the next and hoping your rig can stay on line without sliding off course. It is a real fun challange.

The plan is for the comp to start at 11a sharp. If everything goes well we will be done with the comp side of things by 3or4 so the ones traveling the farthest can get home at a decent time. For those who want to stick around we will try to set up a seperate course for trail running or maybee play follow the leader. It is sure to be a great time.

Now for the pictures:

Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

The name of the park that the comp will be at is Rocky Butte park, it might also be called Young Park. Anyway it looks easy to find.

If Brandon ever gets on here maybee he can confirm or deny these directions, but I am pretty sure that is how you get their.

Directions:
Take exit 61 of of I-94.
Go south on ND 22
Turn right at 9th St
Turn right to enter park
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

That looks like a pretty awesome spot to crawl... I will be there... If anyone wants to ride along from Fargo pm me here or call me at 701-261-6991... I will be leaving between 6 and 6:30 AM that Sunday morning... See you all there.....
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcmonster View Post
That looks like a pretty awesome spot to crawl... I will be there... If anyone wants to ride along from Fargo pm me here or call me at 701-261-6991... I will be leaving between 6 and 6:30 AM that Sunday morning... See you all there.....

I'll ride along.... i call shotgun haha
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
RCC Addict

my brother just booked a cruise that starts on the 19th so I will not be able to make it, I'm headin to Alaska
Old 07-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
my brother just booked a cruise that starts on the 19th so I will not be able to make it, I'm headin to Alaska
Thats funny, I'm already there .
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Thats funny, I'm already there .
damn your like everywhere at once, doin any crawlin up there?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

At least you can get on the internet. Did they put you guys in the nice building or the dump with no a/c?
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
damn your like everywhere at once, doin any crawlin up there?
I didn't have time to bring anything. It was kinda a no notice thing. I've got my eye on that new little Losi crawler and I'm thinking about getting one for just such events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinClodKiller View Post
At least you can get on the internet. Did they put you guys in the nice building or the dump with no a/c?
I'm in the main building. I've barely got the WiFi signal but it's just enough.

Las Vegas a few weeks ago and now Fairbanks Alaska, its not looking good for me to make Dickinson. I've got a few parts to get yet for my comp rig AND get going on my Bronco scaler. I did finally get my MaxAMp order so when I next get out I'll have Lipo's. I shouldn't have to worry about wheel speed with a couple 3s packs.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Well don't give up hope man. This is sure to be one of the best comps we have. Not only is it a great location for having a comp, but with everyone geting trail rigs together it will be a blast to see everybodys stuff.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Well as Tony stated I'm in for this trip. 12 hours total for drive time but from the looks of it, it's gonna be well worth it in all aspects.My Trail rig is also done so I'm in for some "follow the leader". Heck with the way it works I may just have to be the leader. LOL

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote