Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Ohio

Notices

Thread: Newbie from cincinnati

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #1

Default Newbie from cincinnati

Hello Looking to get into crawling. I own a Losi LST2 1/8 Traxxas Jato 2.5r 1/10 and a Stampede. I run my trucks in my yard and at a park right down the street from me. I am looking for someone who lives near me who has exp. with crawlers who might show me the ins and outs first hand. I go to my LHS often and talk to them about it and from what i have read and heard the XR10 is the way to go. I have watched a ton of vids on youtube but yet i have seen one in person that is put together and drivable. I would like to meet up with someone and see how thiers does before i make my choice.
Chris Grosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

If you can get up to johnstown tomorrow there are going to be 30 + drivers in the boulder beatdown a lot of different trucks and tons of experience all in one place
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The XR's are nice but it will destroy your bank account with the amount of out of the box parts that you will want to replace due to several issues with bearings, gears, trans cases, motor plates etc. I have one and love it but it may not be the best first crawler unless you don't mind spending all the extra cash to avoid breakage.

I agree with Edge, coming up to the comp tomorrow would help you alot. You will leave knowing what you want. All the guys are great and will anwer any ?'s and let you check out their rigs. The variations are endless.
Good luck
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #4

Only thing is the hours i work. Tomorrow i am to be thier around 8 am and odds are i will not be done with the job untill around 10 pm .... So for the most part events are usualy durring my working hours. Now if thier was something sunday that would be much better Thanks for the replys
Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #5

Hamilton Hobbies has a comp every other Sunday. This weekend is 1 of them. I'm not sure if I'll be down with my xr, but there is another guy that runs 1 there.
4ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

We hold our point series events on sundays. Check out Central Ohio Crawlers Summer Point Series thread for dates
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I think (rather new myself) I would go with a Berg if I was going to go MOA Crawler. I love my Axial AX-10, but like Rizzo pointed out, there is so much that you end up replacing in the XR that it is almost worthless getting the kit in the first place (aside from the fact you can't get the axels otherwise).
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #8

I will have to look at the berg As i said i am new to the crawling. I would like to get something as a kit so i know how to put together and pull apart. I do not much care for rtr's then when something breaks i am kind of puzzled on the way it should go together. I hear mainly about the xr10 ax10 losi nightcrawler. So i based my judgment on what the most common rig is. Same thing i done when i choose my 1:1 rig Jeep Cherokee XJ That way when i go off road break something chances are someone will have what i need. Makes life just a bit easier that way. A complete costum built rigs means that if you are on the trials and break something then kind of SOL. I will try to make it out to hamilton hobbies tomorrow. "Sunday" I was thinking of taking my childern to Joyce park tomorrow to run our other rc's. I have not been thier in about 12 years or so. So if anyone is close and wants to meet up i should be thier around 1 pm or so. Also what time is the event at hamilton hobbies tomorrow ? Thanks Chris
Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #9

Hummm i posted a reply but do not seem to see it here.... I am going to take my childern to Joyce Park tomorrow to play with the rc's on the old BMX track. I have not been thier in about 12 years or so. I hope it is still thier. What time is the event at hamilton hobbies ? I will have to check out thier web site for the addres.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #10

Not sure where you are located in Cincy but on July 17th at the Gravelrama site in Cleves there will be an R/C Rock Crawl. Visit iokrock.com for some details.

The general admission on Sunday is free. For R/C crawler competitors the registration fee is $10. Spread the word.

Thanks,
Frank
fmlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Come on up to Hamilton Hobbies! We run every other Sunday (we have a comp today!) There are a few of us that can help you out.
biggin69 is offline   Reply With Quote