Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Oklahoma

Notices

Thread: Newbie in Oklahoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #1

Default Newbie in Oklahoma

Greetings all!

Finally ordered myself a kit, got it in last Friday. I've been talking about getting into rockcrawling for a couple of years now, but during that time work kept getting in the way.

I'm new to crawlers but not RC. I raced Revo's for many years in Oklahoma City, Enid, Tulsa, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and Texas. I've also attended races in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Albuquerque, and Denver. I ran the RC Pro Series two years in Unlimited Monster Truck. Towards the end of my racing days I ran UMT and Truggy.

I started assembling my kit today. Working on it here and there in between "honey-do's". I still have parts to gather, and I hope to have it all finished sometime in November.

I go way back with CD13 from the old Revo days, I've spoke with him via phone and he is going to help me with some mods and set-up, so I should end up with a rig built well and built right.

I look forward to meeting up with you guys and hitting some trails real soon.

Steve
wuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Holmes Hobbies

Default Re: Newbie in Oklahoma

Welcome to RCC buddy. I am more the happy to help. Your gonna love the pace of rock crawling compared to racing.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #3

Wuds,
Glad to have you on board if you need any other help on your truck just let me know Thecowboy's garage is always open.

Me and some of the other local guys try to get together at least one Saturday a month. But once you get your truck put together just let me know and we can try getting a group together.
But now everbody is focused on getting ready for Crawl-a-palooza on October 10th,11th & 12th at Disney Ok.

Thecowboy

I'm always ready to hit the trial anytime.
thecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
Welcome to RCC buddy. I am more the happy to help. Your gonna love the pace of rock crawling compared to racing.
Yeah Charlie my old tore up knees and my back can't take marshaling 30 minute mains anymore.
I'm going to go ahead and assemble my kit. Once it's together I'll be in touch and disassemble what you want me to take apart and we can get together.
Cowboy I rode motorcycles at Draper all through the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Know the area well, as well as a few spots that would be sweet for crawling. I see you've been going out there, maybe I can show you some places. I don't know how accessable some of those places are anymore since they relocated the riding area, and I haven't been out there in years, but I look forward to finding out.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Wuds, I will be around the house in Enid this weekend. Working on my scalers getting trucks ready for palooza. I know it's a drive but if ya need anything I will be around, I have just about anything ya would need to get a truck going along with tig welder and mini lathe for those custom jobs. Lmk if I can help.
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #6

Draper is almost full of weeds and tics now. We made a few trips out to Red rock Canyon which is really nice but a little bet of a drive. We're always trying to find a new place to go.
thecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #7

Chad I go to Enid every day but it's usually around midnight when I'm there. I deliver pharmaceutical supplies to several nursing homes up there, I'd love to check out some of your stuff.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #8

Disney this weekend!! Excellent! See you there!
theoriginaltoolman is offline   Reply With Quote

Newbie in Oklahoma - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wildfires in Oklahoma landon4 Chit Chat 2 08-03-2012 09:01 PM
Oklahoma city adamargue Oklahoma 2 01-03-2011 10:16 AM
..............Sorry Oklahoma................ Scattman Chit Chat 5 01-09-2009 06:12 AM
Oklahoma anyone Tuffone Oklahoma 154 08-04-2007 08:50 AM