Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Outside the US

Notices

Thread: Websters Falls above Dundas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Websters Falls above Dundas

Heading out Sunday Aug 14 to Websters Falls just above Dundas. Come one, come all. Googlemaps shows how to get there, time yet to be determined. Stay tuned, pretty nice place to crawl and just to look at.
Mart
4WDwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Websters Falls

So Sunday Aug 14th at 8:30 at Websters Falls, anyone interested or needing more info get back to me.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Lets get some people out for this thing, summer will be over before you know it.
DV8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'll be there at 8:30, hope to see some guys out for a day of fun
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

It was a blast, just wish we could of had some more people out.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

If your in the GTA and wanna crawl, this is hands down one of the best places I've seen around. If your interested shoot me a PM. We are hoping to get a few more meets in before the snow comes...LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Ha! I just came on here to post some pics and you've beat me to it.
Here's a few more.

I love the wet tread marks going up the rock!

I haven't crawled many places but this one is pretty sweet.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

And a couple of cool vids!

Maybe in a few weeks we'll get out again. Lucky to have this spot almost in my back yard. I'll have to get up there again and learn all the lines(Yea right!), or at least have fun going slow.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1234.photobucket.c om%2Falbums%2Fff401%2Fwildcat0101%2FMVI_0768.mp4">
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Default Videos

Well those ids don't seem to work on here. We'll try good ol youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buEnieEWnFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyx8kBkYObo

Watch and enjoy. We sure did.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Heading out to Websters Falls Sept 18, 8 of us going. Anyone in the GTA, Hamilton, Guelph, anywhere really it's worth the drive. Just above Dundas, 15 min from downtown Hamilton. Meeting at noon in the parking lot. All sorts of terrain.Even if you just got a crawler, scale or otherwise come out for a good time. Maybe go buy one this week!! Run 'er stock and have some fun. For more info reply here.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Wow, I found some crawlers.. after a week of searching online! I am from markham area and just picked up an AX-10, I'd love to come out crawling sometime. I am a total newb, but would love to hang out and learn from the vets. Let me know the next time your setting out. i am building it up as a semi-scaler bronco, so I'll fit in with the scale guys!

is GTA hobbies crawling course still open? I see alot of info about it but it's all pretty old. Any one who knows let me know
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Good to see you found us. We are going to be going to Websters Falls again on Oct. 23rd. Should be roughly 20 or so guys out. If you want more info shoot me a PM. I don't know if GTA is still up and running or not.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Arctic! Nice find. As DV8 said come out Oct 23. I have a MRC that is thinly veiled (thin thin thin) as a VW Bug. Still looks like a crawler but what the hell, I love the crawlability.

From Toronto Area:
QEW to Hamilton Take 403 Hamilton Exit 74 for Highway 6 North to Guelph Turn Left onto Highway 5 Turn Left onto Brock Rd. Turn Left onto Harvest Rd. Turn Right onto Short Rd. Webster’s Falls is on your right hand side
From Niagara Area:
QEW to Toronto Take 403 Hamilton Exit 74 for Highway 6 North to Guelph Turn Left onto Highway 5 Turn Left onto Brock Rd. Turn Left onto Harvest Rd. Turn Right onto Short Rd. Webster’s Falls is on your right hand side
From London Area:
401 East to Toronto Take 403 Hamilton Exit 55 for County Road 52 Turn Left onto Highway 52 Turn Right onto Highway 5 Turn Right onto Brock Rd. Turn Left onto Harvest Rd. Turn Right onto Short Rd. Webster’s Falls is on your right hand side
From Hamilton Area:
Take Highway 8 (King St.) through Dundas Follow up the Escarpment Turn Right onto Harvest Rd. Turn Right onto Short Rd.
Webster’s Falls is on your right hand side

Bring a friend. Especially if she's hot! Hhaa. Lol
Hopfully see you there.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

No way... I grew up in greensville!

Im about 30 minutes from you guys and have 2 trucks (only ones running now)

and a scx10.

I see you have a meet oct 23rd, only trouble is i am hosting a ford ranger club meet on that day so i wont be able to make it down!

Id love to come crawl with you guys, your right about that being one of the best places. its usually crammed with people though.

PM me when you can.
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Thats one sweet looking rig To bad you can't make it. Our last outting was killer. It was busy there, but lots of nice things to look at made it all worth it.
Heres a link to some of the pics.
Websters Falls Sept 2011 Scale Crawl pictures by DV8ion - Photobucket
Old 10-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Looks like fun! i remember as a kid swimming in the waterpools in that place! tons of fun!

Ill get my scx10 running, and make the next one. i go just about any time of the year. i wont run my trucks in water though. Too many problems, so i opted to not mud them anymore. ill see what i can do about getting some pics of the scx10 up. i may run 1.9's on it, not sure. most of my trucks are built for hill climbing. theres construction around here, so i crawl up those 50ft tall dirt hills when bored. sometimes its easy, others it almost straight up.

OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

That's a pretty sweet rig. It's not the stock Dingo body is it? And what tires are those, nice aggressive tread. The mud and debris makes it look realistic, not painted on dirt. Stay tuned here for the next meet, we'll have at least one more before the snow flies.

Oh, bring the Wraith also, I want to see one of those run.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:35 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Well, I am going to work on getting the AX ready for sunday, I will try my best to come out. I'll just look for the guys with crawlers i guess it's quite a drive but i think it'd be worth it!

I have a new Ambush body to get painted and finished before then, either that Or I'll have my Tuber chassis on. Nothing like showing up for your first crawler get together with a brand new body. (noob). Can tubers still come? it's a scale tuber if that helps ;)

What time are we thinking?

Last edited by Arctic Fire; 10-18-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fire View Post
Well, I am going to work on getting the AX ready for sunday, I will try my best to come out. I'll just look for the guys with crawlers i guess it's quite a drive but i think it'd be worth it!

I have a new Ambush body to get painted and finished before then, either that Or I'll have my Tuber chassis on. Nothing like showing up for your first crawler get together with a brand new body. (noob). Can tubers still come? it's a scale tuber if that helps ;)

What time are we thinking?
Hope you can make it out. We are meeting at noon in the main parking lot Its a run what ya brung all is welcome.