Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Looked and looked - Losi Grappler template?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Looked and looked - Losi Grappler template?!

I have painted many a body but I also could find a template or two sometimes. Does anyone have a Grappler template or templates? If not, how could I do it? Should I just use old Photoshop and try it that way? I am no expert in that genre but i think I can do it. Maybe I should just use a generic template if there is one? Anyone who knows?

thank you
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I was kinda wondering the same thing.
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Ok, so this fell on deaf ears, lol.

Are there any templates out there I can play with? I know it is a lame idea but for other trucks I did this.

I just need something I can print out and play with. Sure I can draw one, but where can I see a grappler or any body on different axis'?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
Nope..

Why not just go buy one? Then use construction paper on the inside to play around. I saw it on another thread. Better than nothing I guess.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambuller84 View Post
Why not just go buy one? Then use construction paper on the inside to play around. I saw it on another thread. Better than nothing I guess.
I have one already. Why would I want to play with construction paper on the inside of a body? Do I go and get all the different colors and spend the time cutting it all? I am sorry but a template is much easier. I know it is a recommendation but,......
Old 03-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

If you are talking about stecils you could design it and have a sticker place cut them from vinyl sheet. Just make sure to make them backwards so when you stick them to the inside they will be correct on the outside.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

You can draw on the outside on top of the overspray masking with a sharpie, and then wipe it off with rubbing alcohol.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Why don't you sketch it and make some copies to play with.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Look at the body and just draw a rough sketch.. Aint to hard. the Grappler body is about one of the straightest, least curvy bodies you can find. Shouldnt be a problem.
Knoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
RCC Addict

LOL, I forgot about drawing it. I guess that is the route I will go. I was just thinking that there might be some out there. I can't remember where I saw it but I once found a sight that had them for tons of bodies. Some guy made them all for people to use. Thanks for all of the ideas guys.

Ya know what, I am going to contact Losi and see if they have and files or pdf's that might contain a CAD of one that I could use. I doubt they would let me have it even if they do have something. But, I will try. I'll let you all know what I can find.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #11
www.team3sixrc.com

You know Honestly, I used to make alot of the templates and it is just so time consuming. The other guys on Rctech gave up too because of the same issue. Even when you told people what program to use and how to do it, they still kept asking. I personally have used the Paint program on the Microsoft computer and it takes forever, but if you take your time you will get templates like this. By the way you can have these if you want them,lol.

I almost would do them if people paid me for it. but I dont see anyone paying $30.00 for a template,lol.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
You know Honestly, I used to make alot of the templates and it is just so time consuming. The other guys on Rctech gave up too because of the same issue. Even when you told people what program to use and how to do it, they still kept asking. I personally have used the Paint program on the Microsoft computer and it takes forever, but if you take your time you will get templates like this. By the way you can have these if you want them,lol.

I almost would do them if people paid me for it. but I dont see anyone paying $30.00 for a template,lol.
Well how did you do that?! J/K. That is almost exactly what I want but more of a 3 sided face approach. I emailed Losi and will see what they say, lol.