Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Mini Cooper body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Mini Cooper body

just an idea, but. It has a rouned roof. So im thinking about going to the lhs and picking one up. ill paint it, trim it, and try it out. Ill post some pictures when(if) i get it. in the mean time, give me your thoughts on the idea
littleWOJIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

ive tried the suzuiki swift body

im pretty sure the mini cooper and the swift use the m chassis

the main problem w/ the cooper and swift is the short wheel base and the hood. you might get some clearence issues w/ the servo if you try and center the body

make sure you either mount the body far back enough or far forward enough so that the front bumper clears the front servo
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
tjb
Rock Crawler

I don't think it would be legal length for a comp body. But it bet would great for a basher body....
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I was looking at it also and would like to try it on my PTI, I was not sure if anyone have tryed it.

Hendrik
Mud Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Monkey View Post
I was looking at it also and would like to try it on my PTI, I was not sure if anyone have tryed it.

Hendrik

I know they did one as a build in RCDriver last year. Might have been RC Car Action not too sure, but looks cool
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
I don't think it would be legal length for a comp body.
The HPI Mini Cooper body is comp legal...............just barely. Without cutting the bumpers at all, it sits just at 12.5-12.6". The body is also discontinued and a little hard to find unless your LHS still has one sitting around.

Not sure how the roof of a Cooper can be considered "rounded," since it is almost as flat as a board.

If you want a round roof, you know there is only one make and model out there that fits the bill!!
Attached Images

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:13 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

But the BUGs are getting scarce. i wonder if this is a temporary thing that will get worked out over time? Maybe VW is just flexing it's muscles by denying HPI and Pro-line the rights to reproduce the Bug and they'll eventually come to some agreement? We can hope at least...
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

The only problem of the mini body is that doesn't look like a mini if you make all the necessary trimming, I left mi daughter stock.

Last edited by kazi; 08-17-2008 at 08:30 AM.
kazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
The HPI Mini Cooper body is comp legal...............just barely. Without cutting the bumpers at all, it sits just at 12.5-12.6". The body is also discontinued and a little hard to find unless your LHS still has one sitting around.

Not sure how the roof of a Cooper can be considered "rounded," since it is almost as flat as a board.

If you want a round roof, you know there is only one make and model out there that fits the bill!!
Hey Robb is that Prime Minister Sinister Pete Nice in your avatar? Wicked!!!!!!!!

Yup the bug body is the best, just wanted to post that.
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #10

I wish I could find a Jetta body, but I agree that stuff looks different when it's trimmed. I took my bug body off and don't use it now, but after learning of their relative scarcity, maybe I'll clean it up and do something with it now!
austinquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Hey where did you get that new beetle body. looks pretty cool. May be that will replace the baja bug body or NOT.
65volkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Audi tt bodies are rounded also. I bought one off ebay for $1.25. SHould be here soon for me to use as a basher and to see if rolls good. Sorry for the off-topic comments.
jbrentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

If Parma hadn't killed it off, the first gen Neon body for the M03 probably would have been decent in all directions but front flips.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65volkswagen View Post
Hey where did you get that new beetle body. looks pretty cool. May be that will replace the baja bug body or NOT.
It won't be a replacement for anything, as it is much harder to find than ANY discontinued lexan Beetle body.

It is a toy RC car body from a Taiyo Edge Surf Beetle. Hard plastic coming in just at 12 5/8" overall at the bumpers. With the running boards, it is legal..........without them, it falls about 1/4" too narrow.

This is how it looked when I got it...................

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote