Notices

Thread: New tubers from Proline??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New tubers from Proline??

Anyone know more of these :

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=251591

Looks to be the same tuber, the second one just with a lexan body over it. Nice scale items on the top rack, interior on the lexan version. Looks like it screws onto the ax10 chassis plates. I would guess from Proline, has the same looks as their lexan spider body?

Anyone know more?? I wonder what its made out of, plastic or metal...
trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Well, it looks the site was just updated with more info. From Proline, made of plastic :-( and all scale parts available separately.

Plastic tuber, I wonder what kind of abuse it will take. The "tubes" can not be very durable being so scale...

OT, the 5B truck is awesome!
trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

looks cool! looks like it bolts straight onto a stock axial chassis
English Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Two different things there.... no bars on the windshield on the scout, rear roll bars are different.....

Don't like it too much, sits too high.
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The green buggy doesn't look like it is on a axial chassis (to me).
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

^^if you look carefully you can just make out the stock axial chassis plates under the tuber.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Cool the bronco like's to be a nice scale try..! but I'd wait

Yup, I'd grab that rack, & all them scale goodie's to use, It's kool, But it sit's way to high thou.! Maybe if you slam'd it down some ... Or remove the cockpit, then try to remount the body and all down alot more...?!! Snap a pic' of that aftermath .. And then show us all what it would look like then, I maybe go with it... maybe not...?!! "But, like I said before just pass me all those lil' goodie's and pull that rack, & lite bar off there too and pass them to me ...please... "Whatta heck.! I May as well grab them up before some one else get's them....for who know's maybe they'll play around with these Idea's and throw something our way....So, keep an eye on this stuff to see what come's of it... Then repost it up on here please... Or just throw it back in here to show any update's of these two idea's ....I really can't say that they are all that bad.. For some people would like them as the scale thing is growing around these part's, As winter is setting in and I been hearing that the guy's are having alot of Fun with their Scale class rig's too later, For that's just my 2 cent's...! Thank's for the head's up on these two new product's too... I do like the Idea's too can't say that I'm againt them either = To each their own ... right...! ...Scoot'er...

Last edited by scootertrash; 10-17-2008 at 10:12 AM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
Sinking with the ship

Both look killer, way to go pro-line, 1st 1.9 tires and now these. Glad to see they man'd up and out meeting our demands.

The cages I am sure will be plenty strong. I had a losi desert truck that had a rear cage and landed that truck on the roof when doing back flips many many times and it never broke...so if the cages are anything like that I am sure they will be able to take tumbles and and be lighter then a steel cage.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Why would they put a roof rack on. In order to raise your CG make you roll over easier.

I hate it.
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic^Cipher View Post
Why would they put a roof rack on. In order to raise your CG make you roll over easier.

I hate it.
Not everyone is out to make the most capable truck possible. Some people like to make trucks that look realistic and jeopardize a little performance.
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #11

Don't hate on it. I don't think the intention was to make a comp worthy accessory. I think it was just made for a scaler touch on a comp kit.
HappyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Looks more like a IH Scout than a Bronco.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
Im Brandon

Quote:

I hate it.
Then dont buy the roof rack. From what I heard its an option and not included with the cage anyways.

Its amazing how ungrateful people are, 4 years ago nobody imagined anything like this ever coming out and people actually had to get dirty to create anything remotely close.

Way to go Pro-Line!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #14
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
Then dont buy the roof rack. From what I heard its an option and not included with the cage anyways.

Its amazing how ungrateful people are, 4 years ago nobody imagined anything like this ever coming out and people actually had to get dirty to create anything remotely close.

Way to go Pro-Line!
Right on...right on... Remember when we had go make our own roof racks Brandon? Some people will never be happy
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #15
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:

I hate it.
IF YOU HATE IT DON'T BUY IT, I myself think it is very nice. I can't wait to get my hand on this stuff. Thank you Proline for some very nice products for the scale crawlers.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Oh I wont buy it.....cause.....I hate it. A tube frame that bolts onto another frame.....really. If your going to take the time and trouble to produce a tube chassis, why not weld on some link mounts instead of requiring another frame. Why would you attach lights to the top of the roof rack so they can break off, instead of in front of the rack where they wont. Your gonna roll over, their gonna break. The running boards I'm also not a huge fan of. Instead of using them to visually disguise the height of the upper frame they should have designed the whole thing to sit lower. The cover plate over your motor and trans should also make maintenance and spot checks much more difficult so thats pretty sweet.

Ultimately the sales will determine what companies produce. If you want poorly designed bolt on accessories then this may be right up your alley.
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

to bad its plastic we'll see how they hold up
WheelinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Talking

I think they look great. And that's what scale rigs are all about, obviously they are not going to be as capable as a full blown comp crawler.
DeeBo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #19
Built, not bought

Quote:
Oh I wont buy it.....cause.....I hate it. A tube frame that bolts onto another frame.....really. If your going to take the time and trouble to produce a tube chassis, why not weld on some link mounts instead of requiring another frame. Why would you attach lights to the top of the roof rack so they can break off, instead of in front of the rack where they wont. Your gonna roll over, their gonna break. The running boards I'm also not a huge fan of. Instead of using them to visually disguise the height of the upper frame they should have designed the whole thing to sit lower. The cover plate over your motor and trans should also make maintenance and spot checks much more difficult so thats pretty sweet.

Ultimately the sales will determine what companies produce. If you want poorly designed bolt on accessories then this may be right up your alley.

It's single minded posts like this that could ruin it for others.
It's nice to see the big companies finally giving crawlers some recognition.It all boils down to personal preference.I say,if you don't like it,don't buy it.
Spouting off your uneducated opinion isn't going to help.Let's see you design and build something better looking since you obviously know it all.
Thanks Pro-line for stepping up and bringing us more options.
Pat
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I have one in hand and feel it is going to be plenty strong. I am sure some numbskulls could break it just as a steel tuber could get trashed
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote