Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Victory in Jesus Hardcore Slash Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Victory in Jesus Hardcore Slash Body **Paint is finished just gotta add decals**

I am hoping for a Proline Hardcore body for Christmas. If I don't get one as a present I am going to buy it myself. I have always been a fan of the Racing for Jesus logo that Morgan Shephard runs on his Nascar stuff so I put my own twist on it.
This is what I hope to do with paint and then add some decals on the rear panel and behind the front wheel well.

Last edited by nascarkeith; 12-31-2008 at 11:28 AM.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That's a great design, let me know if you need any assistance...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

nice design, I'd sport that if it was on a smaller sticker I could put some where on the rear quarter.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

If someone wants to make some decals I say go for it. I don't know of it being trademarked any where. It would be cool if I got hooked up with some freebies for the idea It would be cool to see guys spreading the word in the rc world.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
pdm
Pebble Pounder

I'd run that body!
pdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith View Post
It would be cool to see guys spreading the word in the rc world.
We are. www.corausa.org , The Christian Off Roaders Association, helps to promote off roading of all types, support of local "family friendly" clubs, and is using RC off roading as a way to get disabled kids as well as families into a hobby and the 4-wheeling culture.
Our "active kids" programe is just starting up, and it gets disabled kids directly involved in RC crawling. Being in a wheel chair and using an RC vehicle can be challenging when things go flop sided, but attach a heavy string to a Losi MRC, and you get a free ride back to the start and are off again.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

That's pretty awesome krakker.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I made some decals with what I had laying around today which was some address labels and packing tape. This is what they look like on my stock slash.

This is the paint drawing I used. Feel free to edit and use it if you want.

I did a little update on my idea for the hardcore body. This is what I got.

I would like a big logo on the hood, something on the rear quarter panels, and maybe some smaller logos for other places on the truck. I had originally planned to paint the hood logo and that be the only one but I have had people offer to make decals for me so I may go that route.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Not knocking your paint skills but I wish someone would sell a sticker sheet of various sizes of that design. I'd run it on all my RC.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Keep it real

Very cool, I'd run it on my car
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
Not knocking your paint skills but I wish someone would sell a sticker sheet of various sizes of that design. I'd run it on all my RC.
Yeah that would be cool. Didn't realize I would start something by posting my idea Maybe one of the vendors on here or someone on here with the equipment will take the idea and run with it. It would also be cool if the sheet has some kind of block lettering that could go on the rear quarter panels and maybe some John 3:16 decals.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I finally got my Hardcore body and got to work. First off, I would like to say that I really like the body. I like the molded in shocks and other details. I haven't seen a Desert Rat body in person but I a really happy with my decision to get the Hardcore. I might have to try a Desert Rat next time.

Here is what I've got done.

I decided not to round off the white on the hood. It was much easier to mask it off straight. I also decided not to have the oval around the hood logo.

Thanks to Run2jeepin who made a very generous offer to help me out with some decals but I decided to paint the logo. I am trying to push myself to get better at painting bodies. I decided not to mess with the airbrush so this one is all rattle cans and brush paint.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Amen brotha!
muddauber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I got the decals on. I am really happy with the result. I kinda hate to drive it and scratch it up now.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I like the hood logo w/out the oval. It looks cleaner. To me
the oval makes it look like a sticker added to a body. As far as
running the body "Go for it" If you scratch it and mess it all up.
It just gives you an excuse to buy another body and paint another.
Been there done that. I like to paint bodies an am pretty good.
I have had people come up to me and ask why I am running such a nice body and thats what I tell them. So go out there and run it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith View Post
I finally got my Hardcore body and got to work. First off, I would like to say that I really like the body. I like the molded in shocks and other details. I haven't seen a Desert Rat body in person but I a really happy with my decision to get the Hardcore. I might have to try a Desert Rat next time.

Here is what I've got done.

I decided not to round off the white on the hood. It was much easier to mask it off straight. I also decided not to have the oval around the hood logo.

Thanks to Run2jeepin who made a very generous offer to help me out with some decals but I decided to paint the logo. I am trying to push myself to get better at painting bodies. I decided not to mess with the airbrush so this one is all rattle cans and brush paint.
ktmkurt is offline   Reply With Quote