Notices

Thread: Pajero NL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
V-6

Default Pajero NL

Hello.
My name's Chris and I'm from Greece.
I'm a newbie to R/C world... so any help is greatly appreciated.
Some days ago I've ordered a Tamiya Pajero kit. It's not arrived yet but I can't help myself from thinking of turning it into a rockcrawler...
Anyway, the Tamiya body is the 1992-1996 pajero model. I want to make it look like the 1997-1999 model.

Just to help you understand the differences....
This is the 1992-1996 model (NH-NK)

And this is 1997-1999 model (NL)... in fact this is my car before starting mods

So, the basic difference is the wider fenders and corner lights of the NL model. I don't care about the bumper, there will be a metal one attached as soon as I learn how to braze.
Is there a way I can make such fenders on the Tamiya body? What would be the right material?

Cheers!
V-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

hmmm i would have to say trying some Styrene Sheets you can make just about anything with them. just look around here to get some ideas on how to make finders and other stuff. if you can make it look like the 1997 one that would be sweet.
bugz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

that isnt difficult to do with styrene. you can layer it up and shape it with files and/or sandpaper to get the right contours. you'd use tenax7r or palstruct bondene to adhere it. these are solvents that melt the plastic together.

do a little research here for some of the 4runner builds to see how they did the fenders, as its a similar situation to yours.

the other detail is to change the headlights. you should add an outer lens and make real corner lights like I had done for the Montero I am building.

also, on scale4x4rc.org you should search out a thread by Zabbe titled something with "VW Taro" Has some nice pics of how he layered up to make the front bumper. same idea to the fenders.

good luck!
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
V-6

Thank you for replying guys...
I'll "google" for styrene and tenax7r or palstruct, to see if I can find an online store...

I'd also like to make my own scale chassis... do you think that aluminum tube is ok (including the required crossmembers of course)?
V-6 is offline   Reply With Quote