Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Not tryin to bash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #1

Default Not tryin to bash

Not tryin to bash anyone, but why do so many people have Monster decals or any sponsor type decals that the truck owner has to pay for? Free advertising in hopes of sponsorship? I understand if you get the stickers for free I guess or if they come with the body but why pay money for stickers that are trademark to multi million dollar companies that really should be giving them away on sites like this where lots of people are actually showing them off
onetonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I couldnt have said it any better myself.
LabRat 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Some people just like the way it looks I guess. Or they want their truck to resemble their favorite fullsize truck a little?

Personally I run the stickers I get for free.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
Some people just like the way it looks I guess. Or they want their truck to resemble their favorite fullsize truck a little?

Personally I run the stickers I get for free.
same here.
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well, I like monster stickers because its my all time favorite drink and I love the look of the logo.
eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #6

I'm hoping M_Energy chimes in on this one!

I would run them because Monster sponsors damn near everything that I enjoy, I love the drink, and the logo looks awesome as well. I was at the world record snowmobile jump in MN last year (Monster Energy and Slednecks Invasion Tour) and Monster was handing out all the free Monster you could drink. So they do give out quite a bit. If you email them they will send you free stickers

But I could see where you're coming from.
Ram Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I just recently had some Amp Energy stickers done up by KillerVinyl, awesome stickers by the way.

I got them because I work for Pepsi, who sells Amp, and like the way they look. Also as a sales man I get tired of all the Monster bodies I see. I have some Amp stickers that are free from work, but they weren't what I was looking for.

In the end it's really upto the person if they want to put a companies stickers on their ride. Maybe they like the company, maybe the stickers came in the box of the latest part you bought, whatever reason there is it's their choice to run them AND you're choice not to like it.
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustlerHustler View Post
I just recently had some Amp Energy stickers done up by KillerVinyl, awesome stickers by the way.

I got them because I work for Pepsi, who sells Amp, and like the way they look. Also as a sales man I get tired of all the Monster bodies I see. I have some Amp stickers that are free from work, but they weren't what I was looking for.

In the end it's really upto the person if they want to put a companies stickers on their ride. Maybe they like the company, maybe the stickers came in the box of the latest part you bought, whatever reason there is it's their choice to run them AND you're choice not to like it.
X2
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #9

I never once said I didnt like it, was just wondering why sooo many and I do belief to each thier own. Just seems strange I guess I could say, to me, I work on 1:1 stock cars and we have sponsor decals because they pay for it. I am new to this site, and after reading through it over the last few weeks, everyone or many seem to be very Compitition oriented, maybe Im wrong, but is monster a sponsor in rc crwaling? Ive been to snowcross and moto cross where monster has been involved like Ram Tuff has stated, and its good that you stay loyal to Pepsi RustlerHustler, a friend of mine was sponsored by AMP last year in his 1:1 stock car not sure what happened to that deal this year as thier not on the car again. But like I said to each thier own, and I didnt mean to center out Monster specifically, but alot of the rigs Ive seen on here are monster branded....Just want to add one more thing, I do like monster drinks and think there pretty tasty and delicious, but I lean to the Rockstars as they come with alcohol already added to them for the same price, but in the end this isnt a bashing thread in any way just a curiousity thread
onetonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #10
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Right now I rock No Fear stickers all over my scale rides, wear their clothes, use their shwag and enjoy their engery drinks.
Why?
Because I like the company, they make good products, and they have hooked me up in the past. Plus I'm looking for them to hook me up in the future.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Rockstar's with alcohol??? That must be a Canada thing. Pepsi just picked up Rockstar here in some parts of the states, I'll recommend that we bring the one with alcohol in next

On a side note Monster is mostly distributed by Coke here in the states but it's distributed by Pepsi in Canada.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Right now I rock No Fear stickers all over my scale rides, wear their clothes, use their shwag and enjoy their engery drinks.
Why?
Because I like the company, they make good products, and they have hooked me up in the past. Plus I'm looking for them to hook me up in the future.

No Fear energy is also another Pepsi product.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustlerHustler View Post
Rockstar's with alcohol??? That must be a Canada thing. Pepsi just picked up Rockstar here in some parts of the states, I'll recommend that we bring the one with alcohol in next

On a side note Monster is mostly distributed by Coke here in the states but it's distributed by Pepsi in Canada.
Yeah they don't sell the Rockstar with alcohol here in the US that I know of... luckily it's pretty easy for me to pour vodka in it..
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post
Well, I like monster stickers because its my all time favorite drink and I love the look of the logo.

Same here. Im going to do my crawler all monster scheme. I have all kinds of monster stuff. Covered my phone in the new Import can stickers.
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonne View Post
I never once said I didnt like it, was just wondering why sooo many and I do belief to each thier own. Just seems strange I guess I could say, to me, I work on 1:1 stock cars and we have sponsor decals because they pay for it. I am new to this site, and after reading through it over the last few weeks, everyone or many seem to be very Compitition oriented, maybe Im wrong, but is monster a sponsor in rc crwaling? Ive been to snowcross and moto cross where monster has been involved like Ram Tuff has stated, and its good that you stay loyal to Pepsi RustlerHustler, a friend of mine was sponsored by AMP last year in his 1:1 stock car not sure what happened to that deal this year as thier not on the car again. But like I said to each thier own, and I didnt mean to center out Monster specifically, but alot of the rigs Ive seen on here are monster branded....Just want to add one more thing, I do like monster drinks and think there pretty tasty and delicious, but I lean to the Rockstars as they come with alcohol already added to them for the same price, but in the end this isnt a bashing thread in any way just a curiousity thread
its cool man monster does sponsor rc
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #16

Peoples use of stickies/decals . . is simply vanity, wanna-be's, to be "hip-slick and cool" or just to show that they are part of a herd!

IMO a plain painted "racer" just doesn't look right! So the stickies I put on my cars are "freebies" from the manufactures of the products that I actually use in the car. Then there are some companies/businesses who have helped me along with discounts, and I am pleased to tout for them! If the stickies were free.
Rick Findley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Findley View Post
Peoples use of stickies/decals . . is simply vanity, wanna-be's, to be "hip-slick and cool" or just to show that they are part of a herd!

IMO a plain painted "racer" just doesn't look right! So the stickies I put on my cars are "freebies" from the manufactures of the products that I actually use in the car. Then there are some companies/businesses who have helped me along with discounts, and I am pleased to tout for them! If the stickies were free.

Your opening a can of worms man.... Pretty forward to call people wanna be's cause they like something.
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

If you paid for the parts the stickers aren't really free so why would you advertise for them.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
If you paid for the parts the stickers aren't really free so why would you advertise for them.
Do you mean the same way someone buys an Ax-10 and then puts Axial stickers on?
P1choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
Old habit!
Rick Findley is offline   Reply With Quote