Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Maybe getting an airbrush, need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Maybe getting an airbrush, need help

I found an airbrush in the classifieds for $75 shipped with a compressor and 35+ paints and glitters. I sent the guy a PM jsut now asking what model it is etc., obviously he hasnt responded yet.

I have NEVER painted a body before, and I rarely even run bodies (My savage has a got a roll cage, and the crawler on the way is a tuber, with teh panels already painted).
HOWEVER, I am thinking about getting into it, somehting new to do, and at $75 it really isn't a bad deal considering it includies all those paints. That's cheaper than buying 10 can paints, lol.

So, I wanted to know if you guys think buying used is ok. I don't know anythign about airbrushes or if they wear out over time etc. The lsiting did say it was a double ac tion brush, and from the looks of the pictures, it is siphon fed, not gravity.

What do you guys think? Is it a good deal at $75 shipped? Thikning about diving in head first :P
Spiftacu1ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Check out theairbrushforum.com .... Tons of info for all skill levels. Everyone there is very helpful and will get you set straight on equipment and techniques to get you painting FAST...

Feel free to pm and ask me any questions too...
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I rock an Iwata HP-CS brush for general painting and detail work and a Paasche H brush for spraying thinned down liquid mask. I just use a cheap 3 gallon compressor combo from walmart, but I got a moisture trap to go on it to keep water out of my lines and brush. Some people can get by on a cheap brush, but if you go with a little higher end brush, it's easier to find replacement parts like needles, tips, handles, etc.
If the guy has any kind of a brush from Iwata, then it may be a pretty good deal, but it really depends on the model. Some are made for small detail work and there are some big enough to shoot a 1:1 car, so the spectrum is pretty broad. Also, at least for smaller brushes, I prefer gravity fed. My Paasche H brush is a siphon and I spend more time fighting with it than I do painting or shooting liquid mask.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote