Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Useing Createx paint?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Useing Createx paint?

I was watching a youtube video of a guy painting an r/c body useing createc brand paint. i know it is a waterbased paint that is used on stuff like fabric, leather, paper, wood, etc. i was wondering if anyone has used it in lexan bodies and if it will hold up?
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Works great Createx and Faskolor are the same thing.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yep. I can't tell the diff between Faskolor and Createx. Bottles look suspiciously alike......

Createx can be purchased at Hobby Lobby, and they have 30% off airbrush stuff every now and again. Makes paint pretty cheap.

Last edited by Manning; 01-31-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

when i was at briansbodies house... hes got a whole bench full of it.
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

thats what i was thinking. i was going to use it for the basic colors and the bright colors as well. i use spazstix paints but he doesnt have any basic colors to use under his anodized paints. looks like i will be stocking up on createx paint especially since i can go to hobby lobby and get it when ever i want without haveing to wait for it to come in.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #6

I agree with the above. I can get it at the craft store here in town so I use it from time to time but I still get my Fastint, Faskote sealer etc. from Parma.
Prybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I personally dont like the stuff. But them again, Im not a fan of Faskolor either. Seems to spray to chalky for me. There is a couple faskolor products I really like though like there faskoat and Cretex has some cool colors. Im more of a pactra guy though myself.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #8

It works as well as most and has a good variety of colors...
5p3ktrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #9

I used pactra for years. In fact, in the early '80s it was all that was out there. When I started airbrushing I still used it since it was all that was out there. What a pain. Thinning and cleaning with thinner sucks. Having to wear a respirator and have good ventilation in the garage in alaska in the winter sucks. I have switched entirely to using Createx and Fascolor and I don't think I'll ever go back. When you back it with Faskote it's tough as nails and stands up to Nitro well. When needed it thins with water. It cleans up with hot water. And you don't have to be as worried about spraying it in a closed off environment. (still a good idea to have ventilation and a respirator). Plainly put, Faskolor rocks!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
RCC Addict

thanks for the extra info.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Createx make Fascolor for Parma. I use the AutoAir line of paints from Createx and they work great. There are a lot really cool colours available that Parma does not have.

There is a reducer that can be used to thin the paints.
venom813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom813 View Post
Createx make Fascolor for Parma. I use the AutoAir line of paints from Createx and they work great. There are a lot really cool colours available that Parma does not have.

There is a reducer that can be used to thin the paints.

Yes, autoair is good stuff as well. The thinner is just a water based alcohol thinner. You can use Windex, Windex/ water mixture, rubbing alcohol/ water mixture, or just water to do your thinning. Experiment a little and see what you like. I find that I can thin the paint a little more and not make it run on the lexan with some alcohol in the mix but honestly I'm not an artist and dont shoot with paint that thin anyway so plain water works fine for me. In fact, I really only thin the paints I have to thin to get them to spray well. Paints with a lot of pigment seem to need to be thinned a little in the Faskolor brand such as white, black, dark red, etc. the Fasescent and Faslucent paints never need to be thinned and I spray right out of the bottle. Of course this will vary some depending on what airbrush you use and how it's set up so YMMV.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prybar View Post
I used pactra for years. In fact, in the early '80s it was all that was out there. When I started airbrushing I still used it since it was all that was out there. What a pain. Thinning and cleaning with thinner sucks. Having to wear a respirator and have good ventilation in the garage in alaska in the winter sucks. I have switched entirely to using Createx and Fascolor and I don't think I'll ever go back. When you back it with Faskote it's tough as nails and stands up to Nitro well. When needed it thins with water. It cleans up with hot water. And you don't have to be as worried about spraying it in a closed off environment. (still a good idea to have ventilation and a respirator). Plainly put, Faskolor rocks!
Pactra Acrylic has Zero smell and is ready to spray right out of the bottle. For me Ive noticed it sprays ALOT smoother and I can spray finer with it than I can with Faskolor. Ive been airbrushing for close to 10 years now and NEVER have I liked Faskolor or got it to spray as well as Pactra. Ive tried to like it Faskolor (since its cheaper and ya get more), so Ive tried it with numerous brushes and have decided that it just doesnt like me.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #14

Hmmmm, honestly, I didn't even know Pactra made an Acrylic paint? The only Pactra I have ever used is the Enamel that has to be thinned with thinner. I agree that the Faskolor doesn't spray fine lines well and isn't as smooth but I'm no artist and use the airbrush mostly for solid colors and shading and it seems to work fine for that. Also, the Fasescent and Faslucent colors spray much much smoother than the solid colors. I'm guessing it's the pigment but that's a total guess.