Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: air brush purchase mistake...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default air brush purchase mistake...

Ok so I thought I was being smart and buying a separate airbrush for large areas. I originally bought the iwata eclipse hp-cs. I found while spraying 1/5 scale bodies the cup is too small and I have to refill it in the middle of coats. So just to have another gun I bought a faskolor f-1 bottom feed so I could hook the bottles right up, not realizing the air connection was different. That was dumb I guess I should have known they are made by different companies and they probably want you to but there equipment. Does any one know if there is a conversion to connect to the f-1 to my iwata air hose? Again I am in Okinawa Japan, and no one here has iwata, and the hardware stores aren't what the US has. I tried finding some air hose fittings and things of that nature to connect things up but nada. If there is not a conversion any one have advice on what iwata I can buy that isn't outrageous expensive, that is great for doing large areas? Thanks in advance.
OllllO Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Default Re: air brush purchase mistake...

I dont have a Faskolor brush but have MANY Iwatas. I use the Iwata quick connect system & they make em for most popular airbrushes & hoses. Unfortunately, in the kustom paint world...Faskolor is NOT a popular brand. But they MAY share thread sizing with another company like Badger or Paasche. It sorta LOOKS like Badger so ya may get lucky.

My advice would be to call Coast Airbrush in Anaheim, Ca & talk to one of the guys there. Coast is like the Home Depot of kustom paint so they MAY know the adapter you need...& I guarantee if Iwata makes it...Coast will have it.

Heres their info...Coast Airbrush
(714) 635-5557 or 888-KOLOR-IT

Hope that helps.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for the info. I will have to give them a call, or send an email being the time difference is so large. And again thank you.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Just wondering if any one here can confirm that the faskolor f-1 air brush has the same size thread and connection as the badger brushes?

air brush purchase mistake... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
air brush snohiker Paint and Body 3 11-03-2011 09:27 PM
air brush practice TomEGunn Paint and Body 47 08-03-2010 05:29 AM
Iwata Air brush Leeroy Paint and Body 7 06-23-2008 02:01 AM
AIR BRUSH! I don't need not stinking air brush... BUBBA069 Chit Chat 16 02-27-2007 01:16 AM