Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Subtle way to improve the fender flairs on my axial rubicon.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Subtle way to improve the fender flairs on my axial rubicon.

I picked up a can of black Plastidip last time I was at home depot. My wife's cousin was obsessed with it and did the rims on his Mazda with it and it came out really well. So I figured I'd try it out in the flairs on my rtr Rubicon body to try to un-rtr the look a little! So after a few coats of the plastidip and letting it cure overnight I threw them back on the body and really like the way it came out. Its not a huge difference, but at least its a cheap and easy thing to do. I think it gives the flairs just a nice 'deeper' black. I have not run the truck yet so I'm not sure how well its going to hold up to rock rash, but at least its easy enough to just respray them when you want them to look good again.

I need to post some pics but they don't really show how well they came out. I'm thinking of spraying the entire cage. Also found out that plastidip released a gunmetal color as well (home depot only had the black) so I may order it online and try to do the body with the gunmetal! They also have camo colors and a "blaze" line of bright colors. I did my exacto knife handle in the black plastidip and really like the feel of it.

I have seen a few people mention that they have tried the plastidip for a few things on here already but just figured I was bored and would share my experience with it. Also one of the nice things about it is that it peels right off if you don't like it. I painted the grip on a losi tx and peeled it right off to see how it came off, and it peeled right off and left no residue at all!

Has anyone here had any good or bad experiences with plastidip???? And damn I must be bored seeing how I just made a long ass post about plastidip!!!
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Subtle way to improve the fender flairs on my axial rubicon.

pics????
DonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Only pic i can seem to get my phone to copy the links from my photo bucket at the moment.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I think I figured it out! Like I said before its hard to tell the difference in the pics. But you can kind of see the difference from the flairs from the front bumper.

Subtle way to improve the fender flairs on my axial rubicon. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial rubicon fender flares on proline rubicon body? XJrob Paint and Body 0 02-27-2013 03:12 PM
New Axial Rubicon Fender well and taillights Grundy Axial SCX-10 8 12-17-2012 04:19 PM
fender flairs for a blazer?? stanmondz Paint and Body 1 05-06-2012 01:57 AM