Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Interior mod question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wraith Interior into 2012 Jeep Rubicon - Questions turned into completion

When I first asked these questions, I had just gotten the RTR... read on to see the completed interior.. nothing new, but it is new to me

My ride:
SCX10 Jeep Rubicon (RTR) -
Mods done: Added my DX3R radio/receiver.
Wants/wishes: Winch (ordered), Light Bar (still looking-$), Rag Top ($), Aluminum Links ($), Scale Accessories to fit the theme, A place to crawl!

OK, I have already ordered the wraith interior set, seats and all- it should be here tomorrow.
I got the idea from here of course and watched the Aussie's video (sorry forgot username) - I will give this a shot this week. **If someone has a link to a more detailed how to, it would be awesome**

As I seen, it needs filler in the back where it mates to the back seat floorboards and it has no door panels which would also need filler.

Questions:
1. I also seen the Scale Interior for 1:10 RC trucks interior, will it be an easier/better fit for the RTR Jeep Rubicon body? I like the fact that it has usable front and back seats, although the third is out of place to me, and would need to be cut out. Which would open up the possibility to drop the cargo area as well.
Ideally, I do like the wraith front interior, and using it, I would like to modify the rear seat footing area a little deeper, and then dropping the rear cargo area around the fuel cell to actually hold items.

I have never worked with lexan, styrene or anything like that. I'm beginning to think my idea's are far reaching my skills.

Advice?

Last edited by SirKarnage; 01-11-2014 at 11:31 PM.
SirKarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Interior mod question

It's just two different things, lockedup interior is HIGHLY detailed. You could make either one work!
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Wow, didn't know of that interior from locked up. Wonder if it will fit my silverado and just cut off the rear area behind the seats. Also IMO if you are looking at changing the interior of the RTR body I would just look into getting a New Bright JK body.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Wow, didn't know of that interior from locked up. Wonder if it will fit my silverado and just cut off the rear area behind the seats. Also IMO if you are looking at changing the interior of the RTR body I would just look into getting a New Bright JK body.
Yep, and I haven't found one of them yet either. well that RC reseller shop in the interweb that lists them for $225 +/- WAY TOO Freakin much dollars lol
Old 12-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I would put up a wanted thread. Rc Recycler made everyone on ebay think they are worth $200+

EDIT: When you can that is. Either buy a star or wait 30 days with 30 posts.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Well I broke down and started. I'm really worried that I'll ruin it, but I do have an awesome painter friend who paints out of my shop

Now to frame by frame that YouTube of Danodkum to get it seated properly.

Sent via Pocket Command
Old 01-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #7

any luck on this? just ordered mine
muddy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Been kinda busy this week at work, due to the stupid "snow emergency" we've had here.. I did look at it a few times, not that it did me any good.. and I did manage to get magnets placed in the seat and figure to secure him in.

It is my goal to get squared away this weekend though. will update more soon.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Ok got it pretty much done now.
I am going to look for a different driver though as the current expendable is a bit too tall and I don't feel like shortening him.

As I've said previously, I got this idea from a YouTube video by Danodkum (I hope I spelled that correctly- search wraith interior mod)
I tried to copy his placement and locations but it ended up just winging it for what "looked" right.

Here's how I locked down the rear of the interior since I cut the rear center section without leaving the console for support.

Just used a body post, screwed into the interior section, and a body clip in the rear floorboard. This holds it in place and off of the spur gear. This was needed more so since I already did the mirrored trans mod and have no gear cover.

I wanted to keep the stock steering wheel so went with a plastic standoff to extend it out. It was a bit long so I ended up using a shorter one behind the wheel, I think this looks a lot better.

When I get a new body, I will do it similar, but after doing it once I now have some better ideas and know what NOT to cut out...

I really wish they (Axial) would just mold the bodies with the 3d interior. Suck in the floor boards and leave a flat seating area to install the seats.
I can't imagine it would be too hard, and the body is already fairly flat.

Here's how I modded the figure to secure him. I picked up these "Super Magnets" at the local Home Depot. They were like 5 bucks for ten.

I drilled out a spot in the back and one in the seat

Snap him in and he actually takes some doing to jar lose.

And that's one mean face.

Sent via Pocket Command

Interior mod question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interior mod to install Crawler Innovations front electronics tray k7zpj Axial Wraith 6 06-07-2017 10:01 AM
interior question slashinbashin Axial SCX-10 1 12-11-2011 11:05 AM
Timberwolf or Wreckluse Interior Question neillarson 2.2 Scale Rigs 1 07-21-2010 01:33 AM
interior question mtnbiker93 Paint and Body 7 11-10-2009 01:18 PM
Noob Question-Interior treeafodo Newbie General 3 05-07-2009 07:19 PM