Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Weathered 66 Chevy C10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Weathered 66 Chevy C10

Just got done painting up this new Proline 66 Chevy C10. Did a weathered faded paint job, woodgrain bed, chrome trim, cracked windshield and finished all off with some satin clear.
Attached Images

jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Weathered 66 Chevy C10

Looks great!
fortyeightjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:49 AM   #3

That's done very well! It looks like an old truck where the paint fades like that. Great work! Nice garage too.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Looks great.

I'd like to see what that truck would look like with some white steelies
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #5

Great job. Those old blue paint jobs seemed to fade out a lot quicker. You nailed it.
JDHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #6

Nice job! I like the windshield cracks especially, never seen that before. I really like the shop too.
originalsledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Nice. Any chance of explaining how you did it ? Getting ready to paint a cab for my wrecker. Looks like a rust color laid down first, then white, salted, then blue, then scuffed.

Last edited by Ricochet; 05-26-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Thanks. It takes time to pull off this kind of paint job lol.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Nice. Any chance of explaining how you did it ? Getting ready to paint a cab for my wrecker. Looks like a rust color laid down first, then white, salted, then blue, then scuffed.

I cut around the windows and peel off the film. It leave the cut out sections on the windows and lights. Scuffed lightly, cleaned, then sprayed some Bullydog adhesion promoter so any kind of paint will stick. I used a brown color paint first for the "rust", then hit it with a light coat of primer gray, next a light layer of white then sprinkled salt where I want the paint to fade then the blue or main body color. After it dried for 24 hours I wet sanded it with 600 grit in the sink which help keep the faded spots smooth with very minimal sand marks. After I got the fade I wanted I airbrushed a lighter brown to add to the rust and made it run and also made the white run some like you would see on real trucks. Finally hit it with some satin clear. The woodgrain is done with candy Rootbeer with an old course brush making the grains, then airbrushed the darker tones and knots and then sprayed the rest with the same brown. Finished the woodgrain with a white backer.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
I cut around the windows and peel off the film. It leave the cut out sections on the windows and lights. Scuffed lightly, cleaned, then sprayed some Bullydog adhesion promoter so any kind of paint will stick. I used a brown color paint first for the "rust", then hit it with a light coat of primer gray, next a light layer of white then sprinkled salt where I want the paint to fade then the blue or main body color. After it dried for 24 hours I wet sanded it with 600 grit in the sink which help keep the faded spots smooth with very minimal sand marks. After I got the fade I wanted I airbrushed a lighter brown to add to the rust and made it run and also made the white run some like you would see on real trucks. Finally hit it with some satin clear. The woodgrain is done with candy Rootbeer with an old course brush making the grains, then airbrushed the darker tones and knots and then sprayed the rest with the same brown. Finished the woodgrain with a white backer.
Thanks jwalker. Going to give it a try when I get back from vacation next week. Hope it turns out half as good as this.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post

Sounds easy enough 8-| (sarcasm)

Excellent job, looks fantastic. Some true talent you have!
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Great job j
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

Weathered 66 Chevy C10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
chevy c10 freebird400 Paint and Body 4 11-10-2016 12:28 PM
Chevy C10 I just finished up TNCrawler Paint and Body 4 05-16-2014 05:30 AM
C10 Chevy Hordsak Axial SCX-10 5 04-19-2010 07:40 PM