Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Orign body on TRX4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2020, 01:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Vanquish Orign body on TRX4

I know it's similar to a bunch other posts and I probably just need to go figure this out, but why not ask?

This week I built the Traxxas TRX4 Crawler kit. I ordered a Vanquish Origin Body. The body is coming today so I don't know for sure but I think the holes are already drilled.

Eventually I need to figure out how to mount this thing. Magnets are a great solution; however, assuming the holes are already there why not use them.

The problem is I don't know that the holes will align with anything on the Traxxas.

The question is.
  1. Has anybody done this and can give me some tips?
  2. Are there universally adjustable body post parts/kits. I can do the Z Axis (vertical) but need adjustment in the XY directions to align the holes.
TIA.
itr1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vanquish Orign body on TRX4

[QUOTE=itr1275;6056338]I know it's similar to a bunch other posts and I probably just need to go figure this out, but why not ask?

This week I built the Traxxas TRX4 Crawler kit. I ordered a Vanquish Origin Body. The body is coming today so I don't know for sure but I think the holes are already drilled.

Eventually I need to figure out how to mount this thing. Magnets are a great solution; however, assuming the holes are already there why not use them.

The problem is I don't know that the holes will align with anything on the Traxxas.

The question is.
  1. Has anybody done this and can give me some tips?
  2. Are there universally adjustable body post parts/kits. I can do the Z Axis (vertical) but need adjustment in the XY directions to align the holes.
TIA.[/QUOTE

Is the body already painted, or is it clear?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:26 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

[/QUOTE

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Just arrived. It's clear and a decent fit. Need to do a little modding on the fender wells and clearance the bumpers posts.

The pre-drilled holes aren't close on the rear. The front is close but maybe not exact.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
[/QUOTE

Just arrived. It's clear and a decent fit. Need to do a little modding on the fender wells and clearance the bumpers posts.

The pre-drilled holes aren't close on the rear. The front is close but maybe not exact.[/QUOTE]

Can you take some pictures

MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:31 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post

The pre-drilled holes aren't close on the rear. The front is close but maybe not exact.
Can you take some pictures

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

It's going to take a while to get if fitted. It's first time I've gone rogue and done something like this. My goal is to not mess it up . . . too bad. I will try to get some pictures up when it's done.

Over all it looks like a decent fit. I'm losing the inner fenders for now and using shock tower's only.

I ordered the "HobbyPark Aluminum Alloy Magnetic Stealth Invisible Body Post Mounts" from Amazon. They attach to the post and allow some offset. So with some luck I can bolt a magnet int the hole and have it attach to the body post.

The bumper will be a little bit of a challenge. The front looks good, but the back might need a straight through mount, i.e. not offset up or down. Of course they are both way too wide. It's like Traxxas wanted a a cow catcher.

Vanquish Orign body on TRX4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1 (Part #2) Body Mod 4 Cab Body Honeyman108 General Crawlers 2 10-22-2020 07:13 PM
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM