Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds > Past Events

Notices

Thread: 2014 2.2 P Class Wait List for USRCCA Worlds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2014 2.2 P Class Wait List for USRCCA National

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Thanks Cricket.

Master List could use updating with name when time permits.

J
YEA WHAT HE SAID
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #22
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Re: 2014 2.2 P Class Wait List for USRCCA Worlds

Don't worry man, front page says 120 pro spots to be sold. That's a bunch of spots and heck I don't even have a ticket yet. There will be plenty of pro tickets for purchase as I don't see paying customers below that limit being turned away. However, the longer the pro spots are not on sale the less likely med-long distance travelers are going to attend. The spots being locked/up in the air this close to the event is exclusionary (and financially short-sighted) at a time when inclusion needs to be our crawling mantra.

Hang in there.

J
Old 08-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #23
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

It is time to open up tickets to the wait list and general pop, per my request. I would like to see full class attendance to give sponsors the coverage they desire, to make good showings for the RC driver article, to increase competition for drivers, and to pay for judges to man it.

I understand that this may upset drivers that "put in their dues" to get to Worlds, but the invite system was put into place to cap the event size. Now that we aren't hitting event size limits through invites (and have a meager invite list for 2014), the tickets can be up for grabs so that there is better competition to the folks willing to travel so far. I will be rolling this forwards into 2015 with Worlds being open attendance. But if we have enough ranked drivers we can also have World Finals there too...
Old 08-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
It is time to open up tickets to the wait list and general pop, per my request. I would like to see full class attendance to give sponsors the coverage they desire, to make good showings for the RC driver article, to increase competition for drivers, and to pay for judges to man it.

I understand that this may upset drivers that "put in their dues" to get to Worlds, but the invite system was put into place to cap the event size. Now that we aren't hitting event size limits through invites (and have a meager invite list for 2014), the tickets can be up for grabs so that there is better competition to the folks willing to travel so far.
No problem boss!
Last time I let some unqualified drivers in I was raked over the coals. I have no problem selling more tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Don't worry man, front page says 120 pro spots to be sold. That's a bunch of spots and heck I don't even have a ticket yet. There will be plenty of pro tickets for purchase as I don't see paying customers below that limit being turned away. However, the longer the pro spots are not on sale the less likely med-long distance travelers are going to attend. The spots being locked/up in the air this close to the event is exclusionary (and financially short-sighted) at a time when inclusion needs to be our crawling mantra.

Hang in there.

J
120 drivers assumes a full judges pool...which it is not.

JRH requested I open up available slots now, and I have done so to match the level of judges currently signed up. The number of available tickets will NOT increase unless the judges pool also increases.

ALL TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Old 08-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #25
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Thanks Gents. Ticket purchased.

J
Old 09-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Just wanted to thank the powers that be for opening up the tickets sales. just had long standing family plans fall through and I'm psyched to be able to judge and drive!

2014 2.2 P Class Wait List for USRCCA Worlds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Worlds Fishmaxx Past Events 362 09-15-2014 12:48 PM
2014 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Worlds 2.2 Pro Invite List Fishmaxx Past Events 58 08-03-2014 11:53 AM
2013 2.2 P Class Wait List for USRCCA National Fishmaxx Past Events 129 07-10-2013 12:56 AM
2013 2.2 S Class Wait List for USRCCA National Fishmaxx Past Events 12 06-29-2013 05:07 PM
2012 Wait List for USRCCA National Fishmaxx Past Events 76 07-30-2012 05:35 PM