Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (Feb 20-21, 2010)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #821
Rock Crawler

1.9 or 2.2 Updates??

Nevermind Thanks Lewis
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #822
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
http://www.networkhobbies.com/Motorama2010.php 2.2 done for the day

Hey guys. I know most of you will be starvin when you get back to your rooms so give this place a shout. Naples Pizza 717 564 7694. they deliver and Its freakin awsome!!!!! If you get the stromboli dont go large the freakin medium is HUGE and positively the best I have ever eaten

Oh and the WPAC done one hell of a job today with some wicked arse courses. AWSOME AND FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great time!! Just got back, and had a great time, even though my scores were not the greatest, I didn't expect much different.....It's all for fun on my part, and I had fun. We had some slippery courses on Saturday due to a little mud tracked on the rocks, but that happens in rock crawling, and is part of the sport. I got to compete with some of the best drivers in the country, and got to talk with some of them as well as the other friends we see more often. The great people clearly make this sport as awesome as it is. Nice meeting everyone, and hope to see you all next year.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #823
Pebble Pounder

Motorama was an awsome event and i think WPaC did a helluva job with the setup and the running of the comps. i thought it was very well organized. Thanks so much guys
Old 02-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #824
Pebble Pounder

You guys threw a great event.
We had a lot of fun. Thank you for everything.
We will be there next year for sure.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #825
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
You guys threw a great event.
We had a lot of fun. Thank you for everything.
We will be there next year for sure.
Great event.... It was cool to see and compete Del Monte, Gatekeeper, Super Dave (Thanks for the locknuts) and the rest of the drivers!

So did the Jersey crew or MDRCC place better overall?

Last but not least .... Thanks for everything WpaC!!

Looking forward to MR 2011
Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #826
Rock Crawler

What a great event! Rckcrwlr and WPAC, awesome job running the comp! I had a blast teching all the rigs over the 2 days, I got to meet a ton of cool people and see some of the best drivers in the country first hand.
The rocks were rough Saturday but it seemed like everyone had better runs today.Congrats to all the winners!

Can't wait til next year!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #827
I wanna be Dave

Just got in...Sorry that it was not much of an awards ceremony...Next year I will be suggesting that everyone take Monday as a travel back day...

Biggest let down was when the Trophy Girls showed up after everyone left...

Couldn't get a pic of them due to the wife and daughters there...

Picture this...
Two Brunettes about 22 with sprayed on tops and little black shorts...

Just wanted to thank everyone for coming. I hope all the drivers had a great time... It was great meeting some new drivers that I will consider friends from this day on.

I want to specifically thank my team a W.Pa.C., you guys are the greatest. I somehow got dealt the most dedicated and driven members in the country. I would not trade you for anyone. Six months of planning would not be successful without your undying passion for this sport. I thank all of you for wearing our colors proud!!!

We will wind down and have a decompression meeting on what worked and what we can tweak for next year.

One thing is eliminating the mud... This year it was unavoidable with 36" of snow on top of the rocks when they were hauled in. On top of a tri-axle of dirt for elevations.

dshelowjr...so glad you made it up and was able to spend time with your family...that is what it is all about. How about a pic of your wife doing "Snow Angels" :-P
Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #828
Rock Crawler

John those trophy girls looked rather young!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #829
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
John those trophy girls looked rather young!
I was told...they were 22... They all look young to me anymore...in my day they never grew them like that...
Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #830
Quarry Creeper

Thank you to all of the W.Pa.C. team - You guys put on one hell of an event...

Thanks for all your hard work to get the event prep'd and run so smoothly!

Cheers
Old 02-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #831
I wanna be Dave

I also don't want to forget to thank all the drivers that stepped up to the plate when it was crunch time or when help was needed.

Not one person backed away from helping.

Also thanks to H3RESQ, ART1C, SDS Customz, Gatekeeper, Del Monte, BTF, and Rockcrawler (That's with all vowels) for letting me bounce things off them regarding logistics for next year. You guys are true examples of why this hobby is what it is. Thanks for being sincere with your suggestions to make this event better and they will all be noted for next year. It was great for your to share your knowledge of the big events.

I really hate to say this being that this one has just finished, but 2011 is going to even better. And August is only 6 mos away, before I start coordination...

Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 02-23-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #832
Rock Crawler

I would like to see some pictures.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................of the sprayed on tops!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #833
Rock Crawler

next year you have to find time to crawl too john ! atleast pick your favorite class and run it! event coordinators can go to the front of the line!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #834
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
I would like to see some pictures.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................of the sprayed on tops!
Not really sprayed on...I meant very clingy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
next year you have to find time to crawl too john ! atleast pick your favorite class and run it! event coordinators can go to the front of the line!
Dave...I promise that I will run next year. As we do this, I hope that the "stress" will get to a level that will allow me to at least remember how to turn the rig on... :?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #835
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post

Dave...I promise that I will run next year. As we do this, I hope that the "stress" will get to a level that will allow me to at least remember how to turn the rig on... :?

I get that man.........once again helluva job! realize how smooth it went, we went long on Saturday and everyone stepped up and ran all 4 courses of 1.9 and supers before the night was over. There were no other notable issues, atleast that I know of.....

Last edited by marzzz23; 02-21-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #836
RCC Addict

Another wonderful event guys! Thanks for the oppertunity to help out and set up the scale course. we had a great turnout!

Oh and Sorry you didn't get to run in the demo John, maybe next year
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #837
I wanna be Dave

SUPER RESULTS

Old 02-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #838
I wanna be Dave

1.9 RESULTS

Old 02-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #839
I wanna be Dave

2.2 RESULTS

Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #840
Rock Crawler