Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2010 AWCC Qualifier #1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 2010 AWCC Qualifier #1 Results

The Axial West Coast Championship Series has officially started. The first of five AWCC Qualifiers took place on Saturday at beautiful LakeWohlford, which is located in the hills of Escondido, CA. and was a great spot to kick off a new r/c rock crawling decade. The top ten overall finishers, from each of the five qualifiers, in the 2.2 Pro Class and the 2.2 Sport Class earn a spot in the 2010 Axial West Coast Championships.
So-Cal has some of the best pro r/c rock crawlers on the planet and several of them showed up to battle it out with pro sponsored drivers such as, Josh Thiede, from Missouri who backed by TCS, Futaba, Max Amps and Vanquish Products; for the 10 2.2 Pro qualifying spots. The Sport Class was represented by a small, but very talented field of drivers and those sport competitors treated us to some incredible driving.
AWCCQ #1 courses hummed a theme to all the drivers and that theme was how well do you know your crawler. Some drivers were out on an anniversary date, while others experienced a speed dating session with their crawler. With 5 courses there was no shortage of drive time or nerve rattling lines and with the priceless terrain knowledge of “Raul Duke” from SDRCRC, he and I threw down gates and created lines that tested the best of the best.
Mother Nature and the Rock Gods shined on all that attended. I would like to thank Axial Racing and Vanquish Products for their support and backing. I would like to thank the hosting clubs, OCRCC and SDRCRC for the volunteers and providing some of the greatest judges that I have ever had the privilege of working with. I would like to thank RECON Crawlers very own Stuart Gartner for his relentless pursuit of scorekeeping excellence. I would like to Thank Nabil and LakeWohlfords’ management for their hard work and cooperation. I would like to thank Axials’ newest team member, Scott Hughes, for limitless professionalism and help. Last, but not least, a big Thank You, to all the drivers and judges for making the AWCCQ #1 a history making event.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 02-28-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The 2.2 Sport Class saw a Rock Candy Driver on the podium and all the drivers gained valuable experience that they will be able to benefit from throughout their crawling career. Congrats to Matt Doyle for securing the win and Kacie Vess for second place and winning first place Rock Candy Sport honors. Watching her and her spotter, (Dad), was one of my personal highlights of the day. This was a true family effort and I was proud to be a part of it. Congrats to Bryce McDougall for third place.

Here are the 2.2 Sport Class results:
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The 2.2 Rock Candy Pro Woman Driver award went to Jess Downing. She was the first place pro woman and she judged all day, but her driving skill earned her a 2.2 Pro invite into the 2010 Axial West Coast Championships. Congrats, Jess.

The debut of the 2.2 Pro Shafty Class was off the hook. Half of the field in the 2.2 Pro Class were crawling with shafts of steel, well at least high grade plastic and with the 2010 USRCCA rules in full effect, the maximum wheelbase of 12.5 made an immediate impact. The playing field has been leveled and a great moa driver better have a great tuner or be one, because the shafty driver is hungry for podium finishes; not to mention, some shafty drivers can flat out “DRIVE”!
Losi pro driver Jake Wright has engraved his name in the Axial West Coast Championship history book by being the first official 2.2 Pro Shafty winner. Jake Wright is the 2009 AWCC runner up and by his driving performance at AWCCQ #1; he is not willing to settle for maid of honor in 2010. Great driving, Jake, and your on course performance is only topped by your off course professionalism.

The 2.2 Pro Overall win was quite an achievement. That honor went to the above mentioned driver, Jake Wright. I can only say one thing, if you have never seen Jake Wright drive, I don’t have words to describe his methodical madness of course annihilation, it is something that has to be seen to appreciate. Great job, Jake, we are proud of your winning performance and look forward to seeing you at the 2010 Axial West Coast Championships.

Here are the 2.2 Pro Shafty results:

Attached Images

Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

2.2 Pro Overall results:
Attached Images

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 01-25-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The 2010 Axial West Coast Championship Series is unique this year, because to compete in the Championships, a driver must qualify. There are no "buy in" spots.

The top 10 overall finishers from each qualifier earns an invite into the Championships.

Congratulations is in order for all the drivers who have qualified. Great Job and way to "do work".

For those drivers that did not make the cut, there are 4 more Qaulifiers and an LCQ at the Championships, so don't fret, you are all talented drivers and can still earn a invite to the Championships.

Big props to all the people involved who made this Qaulifier a great time. I am honored to be the front man, but I could never do it alone. Special Thanks to my sponsors, Axial Racing, Vangquish Products, Crawler Design Works,T1E, and HB. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

See everyone in Farmington, NM for the AWCCQ #2.

-Parker

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 01-26-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Great write up Parker! You really made judging fun for once. Awesome courses and good people made it a great day.

Thanks to Axial for putting on a fun event. I'll take a third place shafty finish any comp of the week.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Awesome write-up Brian! what a blast, great day judging and comping! I can't wait for St. George!!

methodical madness of course annihilation.... that is probably my favorite new phrase.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, Jess, and congrats on being the first ever Pro Female to recieve a Rock Candy Axial tag.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Wish We could have made this awccq since it was in my old stompin grounds but we will just wait for "pnw" and lake Amador. Sounds like a great time, and some really good competition.

Congrats to all who qualified and Jess as our first "Rock Candy Pro"! I think this is going to make a couple of our "local" Rock Candy drivers step up to the pro ranks(sha no no, Cassie)!

Great to see it went off without a hitch. Great work Brian and Stuart!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post

I think this is going to make a couple of our "local" Rock Candy drivers step up to the pro ranks(sha no no, Cassie)!
I hope so!!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
Relaxed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Thanks, Jess, and congrats on being the first ever Pro Female to recieve a Rock Candy Axial tag.
All i have to say is i'm glad it was one of the founding "mother's" (father's just sounds weird), to be the first rock candy tag toter!
good job jess!, now mindy's gonna have to step it up!
parker, for you well words can't say how everyone feels when your around sayin "do work",Oh my,and the famous parker's shaft ride!

keep doin it parker,only you can do work the way u do!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
2.2 Pro Overall results:
what does the green box mean?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOHNSON18 View Post
I think it's the top 10 cutfoff.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sococrawler View Post
All i have to say is i'm glad it was one of the founding "mother's" (father's just sounds weird), to be the first rock candy tag toter!
good job jess!, now mindy's gonna have to step it up!
Thanks Randy! I'm incredibly excited to have my tag, I'll have to post a picture of it so all the ladies know how awesome it is
Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 AM   #15
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOHNSON18 View Post
this comp doubled as one of the oc comps. chris was only running the oc comp