Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: AWCCS Q-3, SHAMROCK SHOWDOWN, St. George, UT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default AWCCS Q-3, SHAMROCK SHOWDOWN, St. George, UT

The Axial West Coast Championship Series is just simply, FUN! We have fun with the hosting clubs. We have fun putting them on. We have fun with all the competing drivers. We just have FUN!

Qualifier 3 was fun. For me personally, getting to work side by side with 801rc was like being at a family reunion, as it should be. 801rc is a chapter club of RECON and Mike Thompson; with the help of so many devoted Utah r/c crawlers, really know how to put on a top notch event. I was honored and proud to have played a role and I cannot thank the judges, volunteers, or the drivers enough for their professionalism, patience, and attitude. It was all fun.

To Special Ed, I love you, brother. If any driver gets a chance to meet Ed, you’ll never forget him. His devotion to judging sets the bar for judges and I could not ask for a better teammate. Ed is an Axial Team Driver and a helluva nice guy. Thank you, Ed.

The Comp…(oh my, I thought I saw Dorthy and ToTo at one point in the day). I don’t know where to start. Axial gate markers where thrown down by Naz-T, the Tuna Club, and myself; the drivers responded by “doin’work”! Several drivers cleaned courses and not just any courses. These courses demanded that you knew your rig.

The luck of the Irish ran out about 1300hrs and in a blink of an eye, there were wind gusts of 45-60 mph. I watched course 1 blow of the mountain! I saw gate markers, boundaries, some drivers and a crawler that went from all four tires on the ground, to airborne and flying several feet before landing in OZ. The hail was coming down with so much force, it was breaking skin! The comp was called off for safety concerns and postponed until Sunday morning.

Score cards were collected, courses put back, and on a beautiful Sunday morning, drivers received new score cards, at starting order, and since the comp was called with 2 hours remaining before courses closed, the 2 hours was put back on the clock. The returning drivers started at 0900hrs and the courses closed at 1100hrs with only 5 drivers in line to finish their course.

I want to thank Axial Racing, 801rc, judges, scorekeepers, and a special “thanks” to Scott Hughes, but most of all, I want to thank the drivers, again. The drivers delt with the adversity of a weather delay, their on course professionalism set a standard for all to follow. THANK YOU!

Congrats to all the podium finishers and award winners.

Here are some of the results.

2.2 Pro O.A.

1. Jake Wright..............-100
2. Marty Mann.............-98
3. Tom Barger..............-98
4. Devin Brandt.............-95
5. Nick..........................-95
6. Catfish......................-91
7. Dirk Harvey..............-79
8. Jordan Webster..........-79
9. Don Hughes...............-78
10. Brad Dumont............-76

2.2 Pro Shafty

1. Jake Wright................-100
2. Marty Mann...............-98
3. Don Hughes................-78

2.2 Pro Rock Candy

Becky Barger

The rest of the results will get posted a.s.a.p.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Your killing me Parker.
Its like the night before christmas.

Last edited by Hoppa; 03-15-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

First of all i would like to thank 801, Axial racing, and recon crawlers for putting on the comp. it was one of the best ones i think i have ever been to. Alot of awesome drivers and fun people to hang out with. Im very surprised i placed in the top ten with all the other good drivers there were and the dumb mistakes i made. Thank you to all the judges who had to run back and forth across courses all day. It was good to see axial man saving people in the storm. and almost falling off the arch. Cant wait to go to the championships now. it will be a blast. it was fun meeting everyone and hanging out. hope to see you all again sometime.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

so is that the 10 AWCC qualifiers?? or just top ten overall??
Old 03-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Keep Crawling in Crawling

I wanted to say thanks to Axial, 801RCC, Parker, and all the rest that helped put on this event. We had a great time and it was well run. You guys handled to the weather situation the best way that you could and we commend you. What an awesome place to crawl with an awesome group of people. We can both say that we now have more friends in the RC Crawling community.

Nice job Jake on the 5 perfect runs!!!!!

Thanks Naz-T for the invite back for your guys state championships. We will try hard to make it.

Again, thanks to everyone. What an awesome weekend!!!!!

Tom and Becky
Old 03-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

WoHoooo, I have put my web wheelin skills into 4 wheel drive and here is the link to the results.

Great Job, drivers.

Here is the link:

http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....e-ut-t416.html
Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
WoHoooo, I have put my web wheelin skills into 4 wheel drive and here is the link to the results.

Great Job, drivers.

Here is the link:

http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....e-ut-t416.html

sooo if I have an 'N" in the WCC column I did not qualify right?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
sooo if I have an 'N" in the WCC column I did not qualify right?
I think the "N" means ya didnt pay and the "Y" means ya paid....and the top 10 "Y" qualified....Atleast im guessing this the method....
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopboost View Post
I think the "N" means ya didnt pay and the "Y" means ya paid....and the top 10 "Y" qualified....Atleast im guessing this the method....

I did pay....so I'm not sure???
I know a few of the top guys had already qualified? So I thought maybe my 23rd place might still be good enough for the awcc?? Lol

Last edited by 53 willys; 03-16-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

The "N" originally was for who had paid, but now its the color. Green names means that driver was registered for the AWCCQ. Yellow means that driver has already qualified at a previous qualifier.

We had to leave in such a hurry that I never got a chance thank guys for judging. We really had to "DO WORK" to finish up after the weather fiasco and you judges kicked azz. I really appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. I look forward to working with all again. Stu
Old 03-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spucknit View Post
The "N" originally was for who had paid, but now its the color. Green names means that driver was registered for the AWCCQ. Yellow means that driver has already qualified at a previous qualifier.

We had to leave in such a hurry that I never got a chance thank guys for judging. We really had to "DO WORK" to finish up after the weather fiasco and you judges kicked azz. I really appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. I look forward to working with all again. Stu
10-4 thanks for the info.

I had a blast even though I did not make the awcc...thanks to 801rcc and axial and the whole crew for a great weekend of crawling!!
:-)

thanks!!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Wow, still can't believe i ended up how i did after running t's course with sand, hail, and 50mph winds in my eyes.