Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: AWCC Q-4 Long Beach, WA results and recap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default AWCC Q-4 Long Beach, WA results and recap

The 2010 Axial West Coast Championship Series Qualifier 4 was held in Long Beach, WA. This Qualifier had it all! I knew that Q-4 was going to redefine the word “epic”. Rocky brought the spirit of Lewis and Clark to the comp by scouting this location and when the Bald Eagle landed at the comp site to feed on a seal carcass, the spirit of competition had arrived.

The Pacific Northwest Q-4 brought it. This event saw a little of everything, one-off uni-bodies, high risk gates, sunshine, incredible driving, moss covered courses, sunshine, professional judging, bon fires, sunshine, clams, the Coast Guard, sunshine, high tides, beaches, the flawless craftsmanship of the Hand Bros, super hospitality by Super Dave, sunshine, gooey ducks, (still have not seen one), and did I mention, sunshine. You see, it did not hit me until Saturday night when the rain was pelting the hotel window and I while I was channel surfing, I found the movie “Point Break” playing and Body talking about the 100 year storm and the perfect wave. It was at this moment in time I realized that this was the perfect comp. You see, for several days in had rained non stop. On the way to Long Beach, it rained, but on Saturday, the sunshine was granted by the rock gods and after a deal with Davey Jones and Neptune himself, the plus 8 tide that came in and stranded people, did not effect the comp courses.

Drivers from OR, WA, CA, and NV were present and ready to do work. I witnessed some amazing driving under some intense course conditions. Gates, boundaries, and pools of salt water, yes, I said salt water. What did you expect, we’re at the ocean. Did I tell you that I love the Pacific Northwest? This was the second comp that I have ever been to when not one driver complained about having wet tires; the first was a year ago…ironically, in the Pacific Northwest. Coincidence, I don’t think so.

Thank you Judges, I will judge beside any one of you any where in the country, great job!

Thank you, volunteers, your hard work and love of r/c rock crawling is the foundation for every comps success.

Thank you, drivers, your competitive spirit to do your best and help competitors do their best defines your character as much as it does your competitive nature.

Thank you, John, for the hospitality. Family is a powerful thing and you, my friend, are powerful.

Thank you, Spucknit, for everything you do.

Thank you, Axial Racing, for your great support and the great products you bring to the r/c crawling culture.

Thank you, Vanquish Products, for the support and cutting edge products and wheels that take the abuse of competitive r/c rock crawling.

Thank you, Long Beach, WA and the WA State Park and Recreation Dept., for an excellent comp location. (Our drivers left the area cleaner than I found it)

Here is the link to the results of the 2010 Axial West Championship Qualifier 4:

http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....ecap-t429.html

I appreciate everyones hard work and all the fun we had at Q-4. I can't wait for next year.

Until then, Captain Axial wanted me to remind everyone to always be in pursuit of the perfect run!

-Parker

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Thank you Brian, those were some awesome courses!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Great to see everyone again. Awesome comp Axial thanks. Congrats Dustin.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thank you Brian, Axial, VP, and all who did work to put this epic comp together! The courses were awesome, the company could not be beat, and the new peeps I met is what keeps me in this hobby.
See you all soon.

Mike
Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I had a great time.

I was really hesitent on trying something along the lines of a "big" event and kinda nervouse. Well I gotta say I am looking forward to more

Was nice to meet a few more folks and to finally meet this crazy guy known as Parker .

Plus also nice to see a few guys I have not seen in a while.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

What a fantastic weekend!

Thank you to everyone involved in planning or running the event.

Those courses were amazing... This was only my 2nd comp, and everyone was so helpful, no one got annoyed with my questions..
(Or no one showed it...which is just as good...)

See you all in Cali.

Tazz
Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

thanks parker and crew, all the judges, and all the sponsers for putting on a incredible day. could not have asked for better weather. guess all the practice has finally paid off and definetly just had one of those in the zone days, althought not quit in the zone as scuzzy
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

As allways Parkers course designs are some of the best ive ran. Great event ,Thankyou Axial, Great people!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

This was a spectacular event! I had so much fun, and I've heard similar reports from various attending members! The 5 courses were absolutely perfect. The weather was beautiful, and Long Beach is a neat little town. I loved driving on the beach, and the rock was awesome. So much traction! I cant thank the RECON team and the other helping clubs enough, everything went smoothly and the judges were great. All and all it was a wonderful day, and people seemed to really enjoy themselves!

Thanks again and see you at the WCC!

Here's some video of the sand fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6V_WEgfsA

Ryan
Old 03-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Great event,great people,great coarses and great weather....Parker you Stewart and Brad need to come up more often and bring the Sun....you dont ever get 2 sunny days in a row on the Washington coast

See you all soon
Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Fun factor 10! I've never seen so many big kids having the time of their lives
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I am still amped from this event. My thumbs still shake from driving into and bailing out of C-2 gate 3; side hill, climb, boundries, and a foot and a half deep salt water pool.

And Drivers handled it!!!!

Thanks again for everything. It was a team effort and I can't wait to get back up to the PNW.

Take care, ya'll and enjoy your Easter weekend!

-Parker
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #13

What's not to love about Rock Crawling-breath taking locations, amazing weather (most of the time), limitless possibilities, challenging and some of the most enjoyable people you can be around.

This was my first time in the Northwest and it's already memorable one. Thanks to all those that came out to support their club, the sponsors and, most of all, the sport of Rock Crawling. Ever since I got hooked on rock crawling about 3 years ago, It's been a new found passion for me. It's one of the only forms of RC, besides drag racing, where you only compete with yourself and no one else can affect the outcome of your success. What I love most is the comradery between competitors. It's rare to find guys actually helping each other out while competing so they can be all they can be. For you guys in the northwest you are the epitome of this and so many can learn from you. Thanks to everyone at the comp for making this an enjoyable time for all to spend with our friends and family.

Mr. Parker and Stewart - you guys are the dynamic duo. I'm thinking that Stewart needs a "Robin" cape to go with your "Batman" cape, Parker. You guys are an amazing team. You make everyone strive to "do work" on every level.

Steve, Mr. VP, it was a pleasure to get to hang out with you for the weekend. All I can say is next time you want a ride we'll set the IPhone GPS to the car route mode instead of the walk route mode. Maybe we'll make Portland in under 2.5 hours next time.

Bender - thanks for showing me the ways and working together as we always do. It's a blast traveling with you and can't wait for Lake Amador. We'll have a third wheel. Oh yes. Mr. Coonce will be joining us. We'll have to break him in the AWCCQ way. Pepe Jr., perhaps?

To the all the competitors - Thank you for the support and showing us how it's done on the rocks. Dustin, are you serious? Can you make the points spread from 1st to 2nd a little closer next time so there's a glimmer of hope? Amazing driving and looking forward to seeing you and everyone at the finals.

To the judges - I've judged many of comps before and this is when I do my worst. So kudos to all of you that stepped up and stood on the rocks for hours on end using your fingers and toes to tally up the scores. Your dedication to judging paid off for a few of you as you turned in unbelievable scores for the day.

Congrats goes out to all those that finished in the top 10 of their classes and to all those that received an invite to the finals. We've got some good things planned and we're looking forward to crowning new champions in June.

We'll see you all at Lake Amador, the Championships, or next year in the Northwest

Scott Hughes
AKA Pepe (Rock Crawling World)
AKA Squirrel (1:8 World)
Old 03-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Default I don't know where begin to......

Say THANK YOU,

To Axial, R.E.C.O.N., ORCRC, Vanquish and WPRCCA.

This is one Show I will always remember,

Mr. Parker

I cant begin to say thank you brutha for what you do for me as a driver, for us as competitors and for the Rock Crawling community as a whole.
You are hands down the (motivator) and bring out the best in everyone driving or not!
Thank You.

Scott H and Bender Thank you for doing what you guys do! You both are always a pleasure to hang out with. You both are top notch!

ORCRC,
Thank you for Bringing us this Axial AWCC qualifier #4 to the PNW. I cant say enough about you guys and your club. You guys are a tight family and I was proud to be a part of this.
THANK YOU!!!

I had the honor of Judging 45 drivers in 4 hours on course 5.
I saw some of the best driving I have seen in a while..WOW...Mindy (sp) are you for REAL!!!
You made me want to NOT drive!!! You Rock
But I had to,
Then I ran around like a chicken with his head cut off bringing the suck on the courses.
I had the time of my life.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in Cisco Grove!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #15
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=fourxhondo;2383343]Then I ran around like a chicken with his head cut off bringing the suck on the courses.
[QUOTE]

That is funny
Old 03-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

All i can say is WOW!!! What a blast. A person cant ask for better weather, rocks and people.

Devlin, we will be back! I could listen to the stories about you and Rocky's love life for hours!!!

Tazz, outstanding driving!!! 2nd place at your 2nd comp and it was a AWCCQ to boot!!! Cant wait to see ya in Cali!

John, your boys are a blast! They will be on the podium soon, i swear i never saw them without a controller in hand. Thank you so much for the hospitality! Tell your wife her chicken is the "Bomb"! Your house is great but your shop and indoor course are both off the charts!!!

Hondo, Jimmy, you guys alone make me want to come back up to Washington!!! I hope to see you in our neck of the woods soon so you can see how us desert folks do it!

I know i have forgotten some people and for that i apologize, but its hard enough for me to remember my own name.

I just cant say enough about how everyone handled themselves, it goes a long way with me when i hear drivers calling their own penalties!!! It makes it easier on judges and is just the right thing to do, THANK YOU PNW CREW!!!!
Brad
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
RcBros Hobbies

Well after fighting the new camera format I finally got the first video online. Pretty much no editing, no special effects or cool music, but I did splice some good clips together. I'll try to get the rest up ASAP.

Vimeo (best quality) link:

Youtube Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNGf7yPZoRI
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
RcBros Hobbies

Here is part 2 of the qualifier!

Vimeo (best quality) link:

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9G2e_e40K8
Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

nice vids. I can smell the salt air.