Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Awccq 5 results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Awccq 5 results

The 2010 Axial West Coast Championship Series Qualifier 5, (Q-5), lived up to the hype. Q-5 was held at beautiful Lake Amador, CA. Lake Amador is known for having the best Bass fishing in Northern California, but on Saturday, April 10, it was a hot spot for some of the best r/c rock crawlers in Nor-Cal. There was even a Pacific Northwest Pro that made the 9 hour drive to compete, do work, PNW!

C.C.R.C was the hosting club for Q-5 and their professionalism was outstanding. From judging non stop all day to helping with tech and registration, CCRC brought r/c rock crawling to the fore front of the Sacramento r/c scene.

Lake Amador was a one stop shop for the r/c rock crawler. They had camping, an outstanding restaurant, and rock that truly is a gift from Mother Nature herself. The best way to describe the rock is “BUSY”. There is no time to rest on the rock; multiple angles combined with front dig flippin’ traction, kept all the drivers on their line. One break in concentration and you might be retrieving your crawler from the murky depths of the bog! In fact, several drivers did go fishing…for their crawler, that is. AbadK9420 and Sandbagger both renamed their rigs the Titanic, but both drivers went on to finish strong for the day.

I want to thank Axial Racing and Vanquish Products for all their support. The Axial West Coast Championship Series is a first for r/c rock crawling. Drivers from various locations throughout the Western United States had to qualify for the championship, which will be held June 24,25, and 26 at Cisco Grove, CA. Axial Racing and Vanquish Products were the best supporting cast an organizer could ask for, but the stars that made the qualifiers a success are the Drivers. Thank you.

I don’t know what else to say about the volunteers, judges, and random acts of helpfulness, but that I love you all! These people that volunteer their time, efforts, sweat, patience, and hearing, because if you’re around me much, there may be some slight hearing loss from prolonged exposure, these individuals are the wheels of a comps success. Without them, none of what has been accomplished would have been possible. Thank you ALL. From Q-1 to Q-5, I looked forward to seeing you all at the Championships.

The 2010 Axial West Coast Championship Series Qualifiers has been a blast for me, but it’s not over yet. This years AWCC is an event that will add its own chapter into the r/c rock crawling history books. See you there.

Here is the link to the results for Q-5:

http://www.reconcrawlers.freeforums....ults-t447.html

(note: qualified drivers are highlighted)
Sponsored Links