Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2011 Midwest Indoor Challenge, March 12th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #421
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Knowing that it was going to be cold would have effected foam choice, knowing what the rockes were like would have effected tire choice.
Aaron had an open practice on friday night to allow you to drive so you know what the rocks would be like and it was chilly then. Also, the weather channel does work.. LOL....

But anyway, enough arguing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Jetboat,
For several pro level drivers being there and the fact that only two of them went into the finals with a negative score means that Jeremy and whoever helped him set up the courses did a fantastic job.
Thank You Jesse

The course designs were mine except for the wall of death and a couple other gate placements that Aaron wanted used. All Aaron asked was that I put those few gates around, which I had no problem with as he had worked his azz off building everything for us.. So if the courses were easy or too hard, that falls on me and I will take it...

But I had Colton, Adam(homerJ), Marlboroman, Justen(Ixtab) and Wes(Stone Pillow) all following right behind me until 2:30am setting up those courses. They were throwing me gates and chalking everything behind me, as I couldn't have done all the bending with my back.

Whether people felt they was too hard or too easy, that is fine. But I set myself out to accomplish a few things with those courses:
  1. I wanted them all to be doable and finish-able
  2. I wanted a variation of difficulty between course 1 to course 5
  3. I knew not everyone was top national drivers and some guys had never competed before, so I wanted them to leave feeling good about themselves that they may have finished 2 or 3 courses.
  4. Since i did make courses a bit easier, I threw in more bonus gates to help separate scores and not end up with a ton of ties.
  5. I wanted drivers to at least be able to get to gate 4 before pointing out.
  6. Most of all, I wanted the courses and drivers to have fun

So with the feedback I had received about my courses, I feel I succeeded at each task i set for myself

Plus everyone who has ran my courses before, knows one thing for sure: I do not set every single gate to be always cleared perfect. I do make some gates to where you have to take it out.So I may make gate 1 easy, gate 2 you have to take out, gate 3 easy, then take out 4...If you don't have to, then congrats to you and you know how to drive.

And a big thanks goes to all my judges and spotters and even some guys that I pulled out to help, I greatly appreciate your hard work. Without you guys, events like this would never happen...Art, if you was cold, you should have mentioned it to me bud. I had my double propane heater in the car that I could have put near you.

Another big thanks goes to Aaron. Thank you for spending so much time and effort to have one of the nicest indoor locations I have ever been to. Luckily you have a supporting wife that allows you to do so. So thank you and susan (and dan) for building us a playhouse to keep us out of the elements of mother nature

But anyway - Congrats to the top 5 and you all did some great driving...Good luck to everyone who is heading to ECC and hopefully I will see you guys at the BGC also

So the 2011 Midwest is in the books and it is now time to focus on the TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships

Last edited by TwistedCreations; 03-17-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #422
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
And a big thanks goes to all my judges and spotters and even some guys that I pulled out to help, I greatly appreciate your hard work. Without you guys, events like this would never happen...Art, if you was cold, you should have mentioned it to me bud. I had my double propane heater in the car that I could have put near you.
Thanks man!!

No complaints from me Jer, it was only my fingers, besides I am in Chicago now, it was a warm summer morning in there!!

time to finish tuning me some Boss Claws for ECC, man....there's rubber nubs EVERYWHERE!!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #423
RCC Addict

I thought the courses were very challenging and a blast. As far as traction, I thought it was great for the circumstances. Ill be back again for sure Thanks Aaron you got it going on!

Later,
Farmer
Old 03-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #424
I wanna be Dave

If anyone had problems with traction at the Rox Box it has to be in their setup.

Yeah there were some slick spots but you have to know how to make your tires work on that stuff. Wheel speed!

Last edited by helhedded; 03-17-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #425
Quarry Creeper

Its thursday and im still thinking about what i should have done differantly .I am very happy with this place and i cant wait to go back for the 24hour comp.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #426
Old guy

Never fails, go to the lake and have a good time and some jetboat will come by and make waves.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #427
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Never fails, go to the lake and have a good time and some jetboat will come by and make waves.
how long did it take you to think of that
Old 03-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #428
RCC Addict

Quote:
LOL, just wait until his DRAG boat is done!!

ok, moving on...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #429
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Atleast Jetboat came to the come Ricky!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #430
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin69 View Post

ouch OUCH!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #431
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF THE JET View Post
ouch OUCH!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #432
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF THE JET View Post
how long did it take you to think of that
1.5 seconds after reading some of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5 View Post
LOL, just wait until his DRAG boat is done!!

ok, moving on...
Looking forword to it, always entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin69 View Post
If you would have paid my way ,I would have been there too.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #433
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

My Turn

The Midwest Indoor Challenge is and will always be the single most important event of the year to me. Many years ago the Midwest Event was the first big event that my son Evan competed in. "Evan was 6 and non-verbal at this event" This was the event that opened my eye to how great this sport is and how great the people are in it. The KCRC crew that put on the event welcomed Evan with open arms to the event. I cannt thank those guys enough

During that comp in 2008 dreams came true .......... Thanks KCRC Crew

Now in 2011 I had the great privilege of being able to host the event in my own house ..... The Rox Box, the largest indoor crawling facility in the country. Thanks to the KCRC crew for allowing the Rox Box to hold your great event.

And yet again ..........at the 2011 comp in Indy DREAMS came true

A huge thanks to Jeff the jet and every person at this years midwest event. Together with Jeff's rafle we raised over $300 that went to Sheltering Wings.

A Place of Refuge and Hope...

Sheltering Wings provides emergency housing for all women and children suffering from any form of domestic abuse.

We at the Rox Box have seen first hand the joy that we in the crawling community have brought to these woman and children

So thanks from the bottom of my heart for keeping Dreams alive

__________________________________________________ _____________

I would like to Thank the following Sponsors for your help with this event

Futaba
Mayhem Eng.
Dynamic Concepts
Pit Bull
Jeff the Jet
Vanquish Products
The Rox Box

Thanks for being part of another great event held at The Rox Box

I want to thank all the judges for helping the event run so smooth

Congrats to the top 5 drivers and thanks to all of the drivers that came to the Rox Box, becuase without all you i would just have a pile of rock. The Rox Box started in a 10'x12' room and has grown into what it is today because of a dream and the support of drivers from all around the country. I would like to Thanks TC and Stone Pillow (Jeremy and Wes) for all of their help and support for this event. I feel that on March 12th we all, the drivers, the staff, and the sponsors showed that The Rox Box is one of the best indoor crawling locations in the country. Thank you everyone

I truly love this sport, driving and puting on events But i'm blessed by having a great wife. She puts up with so much and i love her for that. I also want to thank my pops for all that he does to support the box, Thanks for the space to put a few rocks

Now i know a few things have been said about the event and the location that maybe did not set well with people, but at the end of the day 99.9% of the people loved it all and so did i. The event is over and i have learned alot and cannt wait to put on another big event. Big events are places for friends to meet again and new friemds to be found.

Thanks again to everyone for making this event so great. I wish who ever gets the event next year the best of luck. Note: My place will be available next year if needed

Up Coming 2011 Events ................. sorry, had to do it

The Rox Box Presents: The 2011 TCS Battle Grounds

The Rox Box Presents: The 2011 TCS Rox around the Clock .....

Thanks again
Aaron

Last edited by The Eye; 03-20-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #434
Rock Stacker

I would also like to thank Aaron and your whole family. I also have an understanding wife that loves the hobby, not quite as much as me but she gets it. I hope to have my boy crawling with me in the next couple years. So thanks to Susan, Aaron's pops and Aaron for all the great times, by far the best people in the hobby and the best place to crawl. Titties!!!