Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2011 AWCC Longbeach Results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 2011 AWCC Longbeach Results

Here they are...

Congrats to the top drivers! Great courses, great driving and a great time!

Thanks again to Brian Parker, John Ripplinger, Ryan Gerrish, ORCRC, WPRCCA, WARCRC & the event sponsors for this great event!

Last edited by BigBlackCummins; 05-15-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Im Brandon

Congrats to the top drivers. Surprised to see Squirrel did so well, nice job
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Had an awesome day, weather was perfect. 30th place.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Nice job in sportsman Chris. Pinky owned with her frontside jones!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Huge thanks to Axial Racing, Brian Parker, Lundsford, WPRCCA, WARCRC, ORCRC, Tammies Hobbies & many others for their help in putting on such a great event. It was a blast and by far one of the funnest events that I have been to, Brian Parker changed up the courses a bit and threw in a little Formula Offroad section that was aweomse

Here's a little collage from yesterdays event......

Old 05-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Updated first post with scores from today's 1.9 & Super scores.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Great job guys it was fun.. Ill get some pics up when I get them up loaded...
Old 05-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
Relaxed !

what a weekend! from sunny skies to gettin snowed on , on the way home, great job to all the driver's and great job on another awcc qualifier goes out to all the volunteers that helped out!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to thank everyone for coming up, especially those who drove many hundreds of miles to play with us. I had a great time and I thought things went well, and it was a treat to stay dry on Saturday. Huge thanks to the Judges and other helpers!

Thanks to Axial, Tammies and Lunsford for their prize donations, and congrats to those who won raffle items and the XR10's!

Thanks to Parker and his crew for their massive efforts of course design, judging, announcing and running the totally awesome G6 scale challenge! Hope White Lightning makes it to it's next event ok.

Congrats to the winners!

All my pics are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbgerri...th/5725173346/

A few from the group:

Last edited by rbgerrish; 05-16-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Congrats to the top drivers. Surprised to see Squirrel did so well, nice job
He drove his arse off, and only missed the win by .001 of a second! (Timed out as his rear tires cleared the final gate.)
Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

good job drivers it was a great learning experiance watching you guys.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Heres a few pics I took from the weekend...

Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Great Pics Ryan!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I would Like to thank all the clubs that help put on this awsome event and all the vendors that donated for the event aswell. It was an amazing location and a great bunch of people!!! And thank you to the G crew for throwing down some awsome lines and making there long trip aswell to do it!!!!!

I aslo want to thank Cory for your sodering Iron and help

And thanks to the SoCo famliy (Randy and Mindy) for the ride and good times. I had a blast up there and the 1294 mile ride there and back was most entertaining that did not make the 11.5 hours each way that long

Last edited by jammin311; 05-16-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
RCC Addict

And the last of them.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #16
Gold Star Baby!

working on some pics of the 2.2 and some video from the G6 on sunday.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
I would Like to thank all the clubs that help put on this awsome event and all the vendors that donated for the event aswell. It was an amazing location and a great bunch of people!!! And thank you to the G crew for throwing down some awsome lines and making there long trip aswell to do it!!!!!

I aslo want to thank Cory for your sodering Iron and help

And thanks to the SoCo famliy (Randy and Mindy) for the ride and good times. I had a blast up there and the 1294 mile ride there and back was most entertaining that did not make the 11.5 hours each way that long
James who would have figured 3 different solder jobs would net you 3rd place.

Make sure you tag along with Randy and Mindy to Goldendale, WA.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

The Pacific Northwest has always been a power house in the r/c crawling world and after the first ever Axial West Coast Qualifier in 2009 held at the famed Lucia Falls and then last years AWCC Qualifier at Long Beach, Washington; it was very appearent why, these guys can crawl, they comp in rain, rain, and more rain!

I was so impressed with their wet tire wheeling ability that I incorporated an obstacle in every PNW drivers honor; Shitz Creek. The most famous Creek was in 2009. This water feature was a 700 gallon aquatic demon that had fast moving rapids, deep pools, and a bakers dozen of gold fish. Several drivers whined about water on a comp course, I say grow a set and comp with an umbrella like the drivers from Oregon and Washington.

The 2011 Axial West Coast Championship Qualifier # 4 was held again at Long Beach, Washington because this location has everything that a great event should have; great hosts, talented drivers, and amazing rock. Thank you ORCRC, WARCRC, and WPPRCA for your hard work and dedication. Everyone knows how I feel about the PNW and if you ever get a chance to comp with any of these clubs do it!

Drivers were greeted with a great beach bon fire and three new course formats, in which no USRCCA rules were harmed in the running of these course formats, but a ton of fun was had by drivers. Thank you to all the judges that adapted to the “less line time, more drive time” judging format.

C-1 was a multi-lap course that really forced drivers out of their comfort zone and into a frenzy. Drivers scrambled to figure out the chess game that needed to be played on this course and James, Jammin311, did just that and close on his heels was John Ripplinger.

C-2 was an extended course, finish the standard course of 10 gates in 6 minutes and the judge will reset your time to 3 minutes and the driver has 10 more gates to complete. Several drivers kicked but on the extended part of C-2 which helped them in the overall.

C-3 was a Ripplinger innovation that plays out very well. I love the mental aspect of comp crawling and the progression bonus course defines mental. There are choices to be made, be it right or wrong, drivers can make it or break it with this course format. Keep in mind, your progression points are only awarded if you finish the course, be greedy and it will cost you.

C-4 and C-5 were standard course formats. All courses the first five gates were for the sport drivers and C-5, gate 3 was an epic sport gate. Oh my, drivers did work to clear 3 and Kenny Shambley made short work of it. This talented cat can drive and you won’t know it, because he is stealthy! All go and no show, Kenny has a quiet confidence that screams when the results are tallied!

Congratulations to the following drivers who earned their invites. Those drivers that finished in the top ten who already earned an invite, the invite goes to the next non qualified driver.
I can’t thank everyone enough that participated in the 2011 Axial West Coast Championship Long Beach Qualifier. This is one of my personal favorite events of the year and I can’t wait for next year. Look out tide, I’m coming for ya!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
RcBros Hobbies

Had a great time.

Thanks to all those who had a part in making this comp happen, and thanks to our rock gods for keeping at least Saturday without rain. It was great meeting and hanging out Mr. and Mrs. Howe and B/Sin with Cory at dinner after the comp, its always good to meet and create a new rock family. To everyone else I met this week, same goes for you! I'm horrible with names, so I guarantee I'll forget most, but I remember faces

The courses were great. I waited to do course 1 last simply to save my rig till the end, but also because I didn't think I'd like it all that much. Up to that point, no one had finished the course, so I knew I'd have to use my 35T motors to there full potential, I managed to finish my first lap with 2 minutes left, fearing I'd barely make it, I really put the hammer down, struggled on gate 7, but still managed to finish in time with a -3. I was excited I finished it, but also excited as it was fun doing it! All in all, it was alot funner then I expected. Not being able to follow your rig through the ribbons really took me out of my element, but I loved every minute of it. You really have to outweigh you options to increase as much time as possible. If you don't hit it right the first time, you got to make it up the next time, it really added the adrenaline I missed from the off-road racing days.

Having multiple course formats really seemed to work well and I'm looking forward to the next time. My only complaint would be a sympathy complaint for those whom have a hard time walking on the rocks due to age or injuries which makes it rather hard to do some of the more physical duties the lap course can create. I know we can't cater to all, I just felt bad for some. I'm a softy at times .

Looking forward to see you all again in Cisco Grove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
C-4 and C-5 were standard course formats. All courses the first five gates were for the sport drivers and C-5, gate 3 was an epic sport gate. Oh my, drivers did work to clear 3 and Kenny Shambley made short work of it. This talented cat can drive and you won’t know it, because he is stealthy! All go and no show, Kenny has a quiet confidence that screams when the results are tallied!

Congratulations to the following drivers who earned their invites. Those drivers that finished in the top ten who already earned an invite, the invite goes to the next non qualified driver.
I can’t thank everyone enough that participated in the 2011 Axial West Coast Championship Long Beach Qualifier. This is one of my personal favorite events of the year and I can’t wait for next year. Look out tide, I’m coming for ya!
Here's Kenny doing work on gate 3 of course 5, pure skill