Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Rocas Rojo Scale Challenge 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default Rocas Rojo Scale Challenge 2011

The rules for the scale challenge will be really simple.

A minimum of 10 scale points must be on the vehicle.

-The 10 scale points are what make the vehicle qualified for the class.

-These points come from: winch(1), hilift jack(1), tow strap(1), pull pal(1), working lights (1 for each pair), rock sliders (2), bumpers (2 for each) , hardbody cab(2), hardbody bed (2), interior (2, 2d or 3d), full size spare (2), on chassis steering (2), functional beadlocks(1).

-Max tire size of 5.75 inches

-All scale sizes allowed

-No limit on wheel size

-Chassis must extend over axles

-No Moa

-Winching is allowed but must be winched from a fixed object.

Courses
There will be 3 courses all starting at the same location and all finishing where they start.

However one course will start facing south, one west and one north all courses will end driving into the east side of the starting box.

On the morning of the event day drivers will be paired randomly with another competitor. The pairing will take turns judging each other on the courses.

Judging:
-Making sure they follow the course outline and go through all the gates.

-Each pairing of drivers will receive two score sheets and one timer. When they cross the start line time will start, time will not stop for any reason until the vehicle has crossed the finish line.
-If anyone is found cheating, the pair of drivers will be given a DQ for the day and their scores will be thrown out.

You are allowed to do anything you have too to keep the vehicle running, but it must be done on course and time will not be stopped for any reason.
Reversing, winching, repairs, rollovers are free.
However rollovers are not allowed until the vehicle comes to a complete stop. You are not allowed to stop a vehicle if it is rolling down a hill it must stop all on its own. (No human assistance).
Repositions are allowed, but are not allowed to progress the vehicle through the course. Repositions are only allowed if no other option can be used.

-If a vehicle or driver can not complete a course a DNF will be given for that course. If a DNF is received that driver can not beat someone who completed all 3 courses despite how good their time is.

-If a vehicle or driver can not start a course a DNS will be given. A DNS driver can not beat a driver with a DNF or someone who finished all three courses, despite their time on the other courses.

At the end of the day times for all three courses will be added together, the top three lowest times of the day will win the event.

-You must use the same vehicle for all the courses you are allowed to change anything, except the body and chassis between courses.

-Passing is not just encouraged, but recommended. If there is a slow driver in front of you feel free to ask them to move, if that doesn't work ram them off the trail.

-Driver etiquette is recommended, but not set in stone. (I.E. allowing a pass). Remember if another driver catches you he is already beating you.

-Whining is not allowed even if someone else is at fault.

-All gates must be completed in their intended direction. Gates must be completed in their intended order as well.

- All tires of a vehicle must cleanly progress a gate, if a gate is hit the drive must drive the vehicle around and progress the gate cleanly before moving onto the next part of the course.

Staggered start times will be 30 seconds apart between drivers.

- There will be an official course start person for the class (event director), who will give the go to start each course.

The official course start person will also have a master sheet, this person will record everyones times when they complete each course.

-When you cross the finish line for each course you must check in with the event director immediately, he will be the one with the master sheet.

The top three drivers will receive trophies and prizes from RC4WD for having the best times for the day. No other scoring will be used besides time.

-Courses will range anywhere from 10 minutes to 90 minutes in length.
-The courses will cover an extensive amount of terrain.
-Plan to have courses ranging all over the Red Rocks area, which means you could be walking/jogging/running several miles for the day.
-Plan to use several thousand Millamps throughout the day.
-The partners must work together on the course, at no point can a vehicle be out of site of the person judging that vehicle.
-There will be time in the morning for the competitors to walk the courses.
-If a partner can not keep up with another it is suggested to use strategy to position the judge so they can see the driver and vehicle at all times from a "vantage point".

If I missed something or there are an questions about the rules please post up.

If your rig is questionable please post up so it can be discussed.

Should be a lot of fun!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks awesome ty....this should be fun....just finished bed sidepanels for the tuber
Old 07-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Looking forward to this Ty!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

This thing sounds like its gonna be fun. Now i just need to order up a new motor forthe honcho.
I just need to decide 1.9s or 2.2, hmmmmmm
Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordx4Ranger View Post
This thing sounds like its gonna be fun. Now i just need to order up a new motor forthe honcho.
I just need to decide 1.9s or 2.2, hmmmmmm

You might want to get a couple while you're at it.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

so no penalty for rolling the truck HOG(hand of god) style. I would have thought that you would have required one to winch themselves over or out of an obstacle. Im almost disappointed Ty- should be fun though.

I just personally know that it takes alot longer to winch your truck over then simply take a non time penallized hand roll.

Im guessing there wont be any real water involved up at the park, at least I didnt see any up there last year?

Last edited by SDS Customz; 07-07-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS Customz View Post
so no penalty for rolling the truck HOG(hand of god) style. I would have thought that you would have required one to winch themselves over or out of an obstacle. Im almost disappointed Ty- should be fun though.

I just personally know that it takes alot longer to winch your truck over then simply take a non time penallized hand roll.

Im guessing there wont be any real water involved up at the park, at least I didnt see any up there last year?
To simplify the whole process it is easier to not penalize anything. Its less work for the partner when they are judging and there will be no discrepancies about scores at the end of the day.

There are also some places that people could get stuck were it would be physically impossible to do anything but try and pry the rig out with your hands and brute force.

Just think of this John as a rally race, if that helps.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Oh dont get me wrong it will be a good laugh for everyone watching and running the event!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Thanks to Vanquish Products for put on the great scale event. It is nice to see the G6 series has inspired others to run a simular concept. It was definately to funnest thing I have ever seen at a comp. Again thank you Vanquish Products for sponsoring this event.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #10

Its actually based on European RC rally more then anything. Never read the G6 rules.

Last edited by TURTLE; 07-09-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
Thanks to Vanquish Products for put on the great scale event. It is nice to see the G6 series has inspired others to run a simular concept. It was definately to funnest thing I have ever seen at a comp. Again thank you Vanquish Products for sponsoring this event.
You know it Tom!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I can't wait to scratch up the new panels!......so my tires and everything put me into class 2....does the rear end put me into class 3?......

Last edited by flapjack; 07-12-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #13
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post

I can't wait to scratch up the new panels!......so my tires and everything put me into class 2....does the rear end put me into class 3?......
Looks to me it is Class2........but don't worry about the Class designations, it's pretty much run what you brung, as long as it meets the scale requirement needed to compete. I'd say by looking at your rig, your more than fine.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Hey Ty, do we have a scheduled start time for this event? Mrs just got moved to nights and gets off Sunday morning at 9am... So, Iv'e got to arrange child care now. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Looks to me it is Class2........but don't worry about the Class designations, it's pretty much run what you brung, as long as it meets the scale requirement needed to compete. I'd say by looking at your rig, your more than fine.
Yeah what Shon said, class designation is not important as long as you meet the small criteria listed above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Hey Ty, do we have a scheduled start time for this event? Mrs just got moved to nights and gets off Sunday morning at 9am... So, Iv'e got to arrange child care now. Thanks.
Im about to post it now, I will have the entire weekend schedule posted very soon.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #16
RCC Addict

to bring the K5 or not, that is the question...lol.

question is it scale enough yet....

- Steel cage
- full size spare
- chassis mounted steering
- high lift
- shovel
- jumper cables
- fire extinguisher
- Brusier chassis
- leaf front, 4 link rear

Old 07-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #17

Just counted it and you got ten!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Dumb question, do the RC4WD OEM steel wheels count as a bead lock or does it have to have the look of a bead lock as well as function in order to count?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quick question.

I'll be spectating the event tomorrow and would love to try my hand at running these courses, but do not want to "compete" per-se. Not too mention it's probably too late as I type this to pick up an entry.

Would it be possible to run at the tail end of the pack to get a chance to simply run the course without being in the competition runnings?

Marcus
Old 07-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Well it was a little over hot lol but overall a good day managed not to kill my truck other than some body damage and finished every course. Thanks to everyone involved in putting this on and a big thanks to the other drivers for coming out and running with eachother, it really is good to see the sport going this strong.